“Fresh seafood + great atmosphere”

McCormick & Schmick's
Reserve with OpenTable
McCormick & Schmick's is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #399 of 2,984 Restaurants in Denver
Cuisines: American, Seafood
Good for: Large groups, Romantic, Special occasions, Business meetings, Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Lunch, Full Bar, Parking Available, Private Dining, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Valet Parking, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Union & Ulster
Transit: Enjoy a 10 minute walk east on Union Street from the Belleview Station Light Rail stop
Denver, Colorado
“Fresh seafood + great atmosphere”
Reviewed February 22, 2014

The fish is always fresh and delicious here. But what I really love about this place is the decor...it's not bright and airy like so many new restaurants. Rather it's dark and cavernous and I think that suits the place well. Last time we had our office lunch here, we started with calamari and bacon-wrapped shrimp. Go for the calamari - it includes some fried jalapeño slices and a really delicious, lemony dipping sauce. Tried the lobster bisque, which was a little too floury and thick, but had huge chunks of lobster in it. For my main dish I ate the Palm Beach Mahi Mahi and while the fish was perfectly prepared, I didn't need another cream sauce after the bisque, and found the glaze to be a little too sweet. I'll try something different next time. Too full for dessert but I've had it before and it was all delicious.

• Visited February 2014

Clayton, North Carolina
“Food and service at there best”
Reviewed February 1, 2014

The food here was spectacular. I have never seen such large scallops and I have seen a lot. My filet mignon was so tender I could cut it with my fork.

Visited January 2014
Rainier, Oregon
“Mile-high rockfish”
Reviewed January 19, 2014

Having lived in the Pacific Northwest AND in Baltimore, we have a strong affinity for seafood, and know what is good and what is not. Because we were staying a block from this M&S, we couldn't resist. We were not disappointed. Our waitstaff, Robert, was gregarious and well-versed in wine (and also from the PacNW!) He introduced us to a new winery with an interesting combination white, which was very good. I enjoyed a half-dozen Olympia oysters, while my spouse enjoyed her Maker's Mark 46 manhattan. The main courses were excellent, as well. The dinner was pricey, but worth it. The only drawback was the extreme post-adolescent noise from the happy hour crowd at the bar. Fortunately, we were far enough away that it was not that bad. Tip: Do not go during happy hour without earplugs.

• Visited January 2014
Denver, Colorado
“Great food, great service, great atmosphere!”
Reviewed January 7, 2014

We went here for a nice leisurely New Year's Eve dinner.We had calamari for an appetizer, steak and lobster,and a McCormick's seafood platter. The food was excellent and the garlic cheese mashed potatoes were awesome. Waitstaff was friendly and attentive. We would definitely return!

• Visited December 2013
“Disappointing”
Reviewed January 7, 2014

We had our Christmas dinner reservations here with much anticipation. The experience did not meet our expectations. We were not offered fresh pepper on our salads. We thought it was because there were regular pepper shakers on the table until we saw another waiter using the peppermill. It seems our waiter forgot. My salmon was not cooked in places. Not a big deal if you want sushi, but I expected it to be cooked through. My husband's lobster tail was chewy. For the prices, the portions were very small. We do not plan to return.

• Visited December 2013

Been to McCormick & Schmick's? Share your experiences!