“A castle in the city”

Castle Marne Bed & Breakfast
Ranked #2 of 12 Denver B&B and Inns
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed October 15, 2005

My husband and I stayed here for 3 nights and loved it. The room was nicely furnished and clean, with many special touches, ie, mints and bottled waters. The owner and manager were very welcoming and helpful. Breakfast was fresh baked each morning with gracious and attentive service by the owner. We would definitely stay here again. Also, don't miss the wonderful gardens with fountain and tables. I can hardly wait to go back here.

• Stayed: October 2005, traveled on business
4  Thank shakari

Indiana
Reviewed June 13, 2005

I took my sweetie to Castle Marne for her birthday. We stayed in the Presidential Suite and it was fantastic. The service was great, the room amazing, and the stay forever etched in my mind.

To a great memory, Florida Girl.

• Stayed: June 1999
4  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed May 6, 2005

We have stayed at the elegant Castle Marne several times since their opening in 1989 and would gladly return. The Peiker family lovingly restored this Victorian mansion and have continued the wonderful service and hospitality throughout the years. The personal attention is exceptional, breakfast is served beautifully and in ample portions, and the rooms are clean. Although there is an absence of TV, there is always a puzzle table in the common parlor, and afternoon tea and evening coffee is provided with scrumptious treats. The Marne is in an excellent location for nice restaurants within walking distance and while not in downtown, certainly is close-by. We stayed in the Conservatory room on the first floor and while a smaller, cozy room, it has a nice private bath with an old fashioned clawfoot tub and was very quiet. When we opened the window, we could hear the trickle of the garden fountain for a soothing atmosphere. We would highly recommend the Castle Marne to anyone traveling to Denver on either business or pleasure.

• Stayed: May 2005
5  Thank HoldenHouse1902
Westminster, Colorado
Reviewed November 3, 2004

After reading a recent negative review from a bridal tea party, I couldn't believe
they were talking about the same place we stayed the first night after our wedding.
The owners were most gracious in personally showing me every room, so that I
could decide which one to reserve. Our stay was lovely and our breakfast in the
dining room with other guests was tasty and plentiful. Other guests were spending
their anniversary and were repeat guests.

3  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Boulder, CO
Reviewed October 25, 2004

I made a reservation at Castle Marne using their online reservation system. *Three days later* they called me to tell me that I could not have the room because another couple had called in on the phone and reserved the same room. Either their reservation system doesn't work, or they don't check their online reservations very often. Either way, I would recommend that you NOT use their online system, because it's useless and they won't honor an online "confirmation number".

9  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Denver, CO
Reviewed August 8, 2004

I was part of a group that hosted a bridal tea at Castle Marne and the service was horrible! The food was also terrible. The staff was rude and completely unhelpful, and the price was ridiculous compared with the quality of service and product that we received. I would not recommend Castle Marne to anyone.

12  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed February 28, 2004

Though one would think that such a grand home with antique furnishings, a wonderful afternoon tea, breakfast served by the owner in a grand dining room would be snobbish, BUT IT ISN'T! By far, this was our favorite place in all of the B&B's we stayed in during our tour of Colorado.

It's ideally located within walking distance of nice restaurants . But what makes it special is the atmosphere! Old music coming out onto the patio, hosts that are friendly but not overbearing, and a staff that makes you feel as if this is your home. Do check in on time and take advantage of just padding around the living room in your slippers, looking through the old albums, and enjoying the decor.

10  Thank calliek