“The Best!!!!”

Castle Marne Bed & Breakfast
Ranked #2 of 11 Denver B&B and Inns
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed January 4, 2008

What a wonderful B&B!!!! My mother, sister, and I stayed for 3 nights. Very warm and cozy atmosphere with great little rooms. A lot of charm and character that you don't see that often these days!!!

The breakfasts were out of this world!!!! Each morning was a unique gourmet meal....it was soo good! When talking about the trip to others, we always bring up how great the food was!

The rooms were very clean and the staff was friendly and inviting. I will definitely stay here again on my next trip to Denver....hopefully soon!!!! The owners were very informative and able to provide us with ample information about the area.

Each room has journals of people's comments....it was fun to read through those and see what people thought of the B&B and what they were there for. I must say there were hundreds of comments in these books and I didn't see any negatives!!!

• Stayed: October 2007, traveled with family
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)

Reviewed October 11, 2007

My husband and I stayed here and immediately felt comfortable. We are coming back again in December. The house is historic, beautiful and painstakingly restored. The room was quiet and cheerfully decorated, and we appreciated all the books and local magazines to look through. The breakfasts were made up of several courses and deliciously prepared. It feels like visiting a relative's Victorian mansion. The innkeepers were delightful, friendly, helpful, and obviously enjoy what they do. You can definitely feel that in the atmosphere. If you are visiting in the warmer months, they also have a beautiful garden where you can have tea, or an evening refreshment. Of course, having tea in the parlor is also lovely. I think if you stay there, it helps to have a friendly attitude toward the other guests, because you will run into them, be seated next to them at breakfast, etc., though I think if you wanted more privacy/are not a morning person, that would be OK, too.

Reviewed October 4, 2007

My husband and I stayed 4 nights in the Tower Room. It was beautiful, a very large room. Our private bathroom was across the hall so they gave us robes. The other rooms all have their baths in the room. Unbelievable feather bed!
We had afternoon tea and sweets when we arrived in the garden as the weather was very warm for September. Beautiful setting, gorgeous flowers. Quiet also.
The public areas are worth exploring. Lots of history.
Breakfast was so delicous, including the edible flowers that Jim grows. Coffee was also very good. One morning we had "dutch baby" pancakes, with lots of fruit and syrup, oatmeal toast with butter and preserves, juice and unbelievable warm muffins. The food was beautifully presented.
The rooms were very, very clean.
Great location, a quick drive to the downtown area.
We plan on returning for sure.

• Stayed: September 2007, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 23, 2007

Our stay at the Castle Marne was all that was promised. The property has been nicely restored to all its 19th century charm and is located one block from some fine restaurants. It was a super introduction to Denver and we recommend it highly.

• Stayed: August 2007, traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 8, 2006

Me and my wife stayed here for our honeymoon, 5 nights. I don't have other B&B experience to base this on, but I have to give this place an excellent rating because of how great it was. Every employee, from each concierge to the owners treated us wonderfully, not one question or problem that they didn't help us with, or find us someone that could. Our room was quite small, but we knew that going into the check-in, we thought it made it more romantic, and to make up for the small room, we had a private deck the size of our room with our own hot tub, very nice out under the stars!!! Take a chance to explore the rooms here if they are unoccupied, very nice, historic rooms. There is afternoon tea offered daily with wonderful tea and scones, plus other snacks, there is a wonderful patio area outside where you can enjoy your tea, or else you can work on one of their puzzles also. The breakfast was overall quite good, especially their homemade muffins. My only complaint was the entrees, there were four different egg dishes and a dutch pancake for our five mornings, kind of the same thing just changed up slightly, a little more variety would have been nice. But you do get fresh, coffee, juice, fruite and toast with each breakfast also. There was not one other thing I could find to complain about here, we were treated like royalty. We also got to meet a woman from England and a couple from Finland, so the word must out worldwide about this place. One more quick note, we had to do a real early checkout, and Vince (great guy) one of the concierges baked us a half dozen muffins to take on the road with us since we couldn't make it to breakfast. Just one example of the great treatment you get here.

• Stayed: September 2006, traveled as a couple
4  Thank sweetkness
A TripAdvisor Member
Seattle
Reviewed October 30, 2005

How anyone can give below a perfect score is beyond me. I am one picky guy, and from the moment I arrived I was treated like royalty. The featherbed was luscious, the space perfect, the food scrumptious, and....MY OWN HOT TUB. On my own deck. Heh, word.
I recommend this place, adn as well be sure to hit up Dario's on 16th and race, one block away for dinner. It is similar to walking onto the set of Godfather, sown to the tablecloths. The food is spicy italian, and family run. And as well, St. Mark's coffeehouse has the best coffee outside of Seattle.

• Stayed: September 2003
8  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed October 15, 2005

My husband and I stayed here for 3 nights and loved it. The room was nicely furnished and clean, with many special touches, ie, mints and bottled waters. The owner and manager were very welcoming and helpful. Breakfast was fresh baked each morning with gracious and attentive service by the owner. We would definitely stay here again. Also, don't miss the wonderful gardens with fountain and tables. I can hardly wait to go back here.

• Stayed: October 2005, traveled on business