“another positive opinion”

GreenLeadersSilver level
London
“another positive opinion”
Reviewed December 7, 2011

I will not repeat everything other people have said ... sufficient to say I booked this place because of tripadvisor reviews and the place is exactly as stated.

Two minor comments: first; some people will not like the nearby area of feel safe to walk there. I was a single guy and walked to and from downtown day and evening (about 35 minutes). I had no problems but did encounter groups of homeless. Second: it's common now for hotels to have signs saying "save the planet / re use towels etc". This is the first place I saw a sign saying "save water / flush less". A bit over the top.

But, I would definitely recommend this place and stay again.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (227)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Denver, Colorado
Reviewed December 7, 2011

I used a Groupon for a night in the Raymond Room at Castle Marne. The room was small, but exactly what had been advertised. The room size was just fine for a night, especially since the room has a private, outdoor hot tub!

On par with the hot tub was the gluten free breakfast. I told the innkeeper when I made my reservations that I was gluten free and was told they could accommodate my dietary needs. Normally this results in a lot of fruit and yogurt for breakfast, but Castle Marne was different: they made special gluten free mini-muffins for me, great gluten free toast (Rudi's!) and even a gluten free Dutch Baby. It was all delicious and it was really nice to feel completely included in the breakfast.

The castle itself was beautiful, the innkeepers were nice, the location was good (about a mile's walk from the Denver Film Center on Colfax), and overall it was a great experience.

Room Tip: Read the descriptions on Castle Marne's website, they are detailed.
  • Stayed December 2011, traveled as a couple
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
Reviewed December 3, 2011

Happened upon a groupon for Castle Marne and since my step daughter has been living in Denver, and my husband has clients there, thought it would be nice to try a B&B. Couldn't have been more pleased with our stay... we were planning on 2 nights and stayed for 4! The breakfasts were delicious... from the fresh-squeezed O.J. to the fruit and wonderful hot entrees. Melissa and her family couldn't have been nicer or more helpful. The rooms are all beautiful (got to see many of them when they weren' t occupied) we were in the tower room 3 nights - it is large with really high ceiling and lots of windows (that open!) Hope to return. K &J from Pgh.

Room Tip: The presidential suite is really nice if you want to spend a few extra $ or a special occaision. B...
  • Stayed November 2011, traveled on business
Atlanta, GA
Reviewed November 29, 2011

This was our first trip to Denver and we were also celebrating our 12th anniversary.
We usually try to stay at a B&B because we find the experience so much more rewarding than a hotel. Based on other reviews at Trip advisor as well as a recommendation from a friend who lives in town, we chose Castle Marne and were not disappointed. First of all, it is owned and run by three generations of the wonderful Peiker family and believe me, they are all active in making Castle Marne feel like "home". Everyone was so friendly and gave us a warm welcome and lots of tips and advice on the neighborhood and what to do and see in Denver. The home is beautifully restored and has a fascinating history as we learned from several of the family members. Lovely neighborhood for walking and great restaurants a block away. Breakfast at the Marne was delicious and a wonderful way to start the day. Everything about our stay and visit to Denver was perfect. Next visit to Denver we will stay here again. Highly recommend Castle Marne!

Room Tip: We stayed in the Lang Room because I wanted to try a really high four poster bed. Next time we plan...
  • Stayed October 2011, traveled as a couple
Longmont, Colorado
Reviewed November 6, 2011

My husband and I were celebrating our first year anniversary and I saw this B&B come up on Groupon. I had yet to stay at a B&B, so I quickly grabbed up a coupon for the John T Mason Room. We only stayed one night but enjoyed it immensely.

We were earlier than we expected, so Melissa gave us an excellent suggestion of heading to St. Marks coffee house around the corner until our room was ready. Great place for people watching and good coffee. In fact, probably one of the best things about Castle Marne is it's locations. There are a lot of great restaurants, coffee shops, etc around you.

We were shown our room, which had in jacuzzi tub inside. It was a treat as was the afternoon tea we enjoyed prior to dinner reservations. The bed was very comfortable

We awakened to some great smells wafting up to our room. We went down to breakfast, which was great. I enjoyed talking with the owners, who were friendly and choc full of info about the history of Denver and various places that might be points of interest for us.

In retrospect, I wish I had booked a couple of nights at this beautiful home. Lucky for me I live near enough to Denver I can revisit.

Room Tip: We chose the John T Mason room on the third floor. It had an in room Jacuzzi tub. The bed was comf...
  • Stayed November 2011, traveled as a couple
Phoenix, Arizona
Reviewed November 6, 2011

We spent one night at the Van Cise room at Castle Marne last week. The room was wonderful - please check their website for a detailed description including separate bathroom with clawfoot tub, private balcony with jacuzzi. Loved the afternoon tea and the bed-time tea and the delicious and awesome breakfast. Sorry I didn't take any pictures. My husband and I stayed there with our 3 year old. The room only had a queen bed to fit all three of us but we all had the best sleep that night for that entire week while we were on our road trip. We loved that the B&B is in downtown so it was wonderful to get everywhere on foot. Also loved the fact that we got to meet and chat with many new people during tea time and breakfast. The owners are very nice and they welcome you to check out any and all of the rooms that are unoccupied and the property itself. We used a Groupon so the deal could not be beat. Thanks!

• Stayed October 2011, traveled with family
Longmont
Reviewed November 4, 2011

We live in Colorado. My daughter likes to give my husband and I a nights stay at historic hotels in surrounding Denver area as a Christmas gift. This year she gave us a nights stay at the Castle Marne. What a wonderful place this is! The staff and owners were friendly and helpful.
The room was clean, fresh and welcoming. I would recommend this hotel to EVERYONE!

• Stayed October 2011, traveled as a couple