“The Capitol Hill Mansion Experience”

Capitol Hill Mansion Bed & Breakfast Inn
Ranked #1 of 11 Denver B&B and Inns
Reviewed April 21, 2012

I just came back from a vacation in Denver where I, my sister, and her sister-in-law had the pleasure of staying at the Capitol Hill Mansion. The mansion is like stepping into a private home. The front room has a roaring fire going all the time and when we were there, a large vase of the most beautiful sunflowers on the coffee table. The rooms are all lovely and inviting. We stayed in the Bluebell room which had its own private entrance and an attached sun porch. But, what we loved most about our stay was how we were treated. We felt like family. Carl, his daughter Bailey and the rest of the staff were so welcoming and very genuine. Every morning we looked forward to what Carl and his staff were going to prepare for breakfast. This is not your usual breakfast folks. Let me give you a quick rundown....Fresh fruit every morning (grapefruit, blood orange, pineapple, strawberries and grapes) accompanied by a fruit dip as well as fresh baked pastries followed by an entree. The entree's varied every morning. One morning it was tuscan eggs with fresh baked croissants and perfectly cooked bacon to vanilla bean french toast with a creme brulee sauce (Outstanding!). Not only do you get an amazing gourmet breakfast but the warmth and great conversation that goes along with it makes for a wonderful experience. They are so friendly and acommodating in every way and I would go back in a heartbeat. I hope in the near future to visit again and bring my husband. By far the best B & B I've ever stayed in.

1  Thank Karen H

Reviewed April 16, 2012

We stayed one night and loved the room, the jetted tub and private deck with a great view. The next morning we went down for breakfast and met the other guests and proprietors - what a treat that was! Excellent food, conversation and very enjoyable hosts - we cannot recommend this place enough and will definitely be back soon!

Stayed: April 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed April 13, 2012

This place was fantastic for travelers looking for something more soulful and quirky than your average hotel. It's a beautiful old denver historic mansion run by a father daughter team with unique and quirky rooms, each different from the others, and a real family kitchen, living room, and breakfast area downstairs. I had heard the breakfast, cooked by Carl the owner, was amazing and would have missed it for an early appointment, but Carl woke up earlier to make my breakfast and ended up driving me to my appointment nearby so I could enjoy his egg souffle a bit longer. Good location too for walking around and exploring an architecturally interesting part of the city, with restaurants and night life within walking distance, while the mansion itself is in a quiet residential neighborhood. A total gem!

Room Tip: I hate to give away the secret to my favorite room as I want to come stay there again, but ok: the s...
  • Stayed: April 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed April 12, 2012

I have stayed at the Capitol Hill Mansion twice. I love the home, the location and most importantly Carl and Bailey. These two have the abilitiy to mnake you feel so welcome and very much at home
They are beyond being helpful. Directions, entertainment, dining recommendations, day trips are all graciously extended to guests without hesitation.
I have traveled much of the world and stay at B and B's. This property is one of my all-time favorites. The beauty of Denver, the home, the gourmet breakasts, and its proximity to most everything is secondary to the charm and caring that Carl and Bailey afford to their guests.

I

Reviewed April 10, 2012

My husband and I stayed on the 3rd floor in a wonderful suite with a kitchen, fireplace and a bathroom with an old claw-foot tub! Carl and Baily made everyone feel at home. Our breakfasts were delightful. We anticipated breakfast each and every morning!!! (4 days in all for us) We were within walking distance of the downtown shopping area, local restaurants (great suggestions from Baily and Carl) and several nice museums. We went to the Denver Mint for a tour and we went to the Women's Final Four Basketball Tournament while in Denver. We loved our stay and look forward to the next time that we visit Denver and the Capital Hill Mansion!!!

1  Thank Terri M
Reviewed March 6, 2012

My wife and I recently stayed at the Capital Hill Mansion to celebrate our anniversary. It was a pure pleasure. The question is where to start the review. The location is excellent, walking distance to a ton of shopping, eateries, bars, etc. The rooms are everything that you want in a B&B, unique, interesting with all the modern upgrades. And breakfast was to die for, we lingered for an hour.

The owner, Carl and his daughter Bailey are warm and knowledgeable. We will be back.

• Stayed: February 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed February 23, 2012

This B&B is a wonderful place to stay. It is close enough to downtown to allow you to walk, but far enough away to enjoy being in a neighborhood. The innkeepers were very friendly and the breakfast was fantastic. We enjoyed looking at all the details in the home from the decorative plaster to the beautiful windows. It is truly a step back in time and to the elegance of a bygone era, but with all the modern comforts. We'd definitely come back again.

• Stayed: February 2012, traveled as a couple