“One of the closest hotels to Denver International Airport.”

SpringHill Suites Denver Airport
Ranked #55 of 157 Hotels in Denver
Casper, Wyoming
“One of the closest hotels to Denver International Airport.”
Reviewed June 13, 2010

I was looking for a hotel near Denver International Airport for a night’s stay before my friend’s flight to California and the Springhill Suites Marriott very much fit the bill.

For starters using Priceline I was able to get a great rate on this hotel, but I after staying there I would have paid more our room. I say this, as the hotel is one of the closest properties to the Denver airport and that is just beginning of amenities it has to offer.

For starters this hotel offers a free shuttle to and from the hotel. For those with a car this hotel offers park and fly rates that lets you leave your vehicle in their lot while being away on vacation.

In addition the rooms are very nice, as they are really a studio suite with a separate seating area, as well as have a fridge (our fridge was not very cold though) and a microwave. In addition the shower and toilet were separate from sink, so someone could be in bathroom and another person could use the sink. As far, as beds they were very nice, as they were pillowtops, rather than the usual hard hotel mattresses. The rooms also featured a flat screen TV.

Other amenities at this hotel include free Internet, a business center with computers, fax/copy/printer (the printer featured wireless printer for those with laptops). Also like many hotels in this class there was a free breakfast with such food items as hot homemade waffles, eggs, cereal, and yogurt.

The downside to this hotel is that it is located a ways from downtown or other parts of the western or southern parts of the Denver metro area. Also please note that many map program and GPS units will not display the proper location for this hotel. If you put in the address for the Ruby Tuesdays nest door you can work around this small problem.

In conclusion if you are looking for a hotel near the Denver airport this is a great choice, whether you get a great rate with Priceline or higher rate elsewhere.

• Stayed June 2010, traveled with friends
2 Thank Wyotraveler33

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (77)
Fort Garland CO
Reviewed June 10, 2010

I made my reservation on Priceline, and enjoyed my room the night I stayed at this hotel, and left my car there for the 4 days I was out of town. I asked the young man "Mike" at the desk to reserve a room for my return. He smilled and said not to worry about it. I am 64 years old and on crutches with a broken leg. I assuemed that he was going to just attach the reservation to my old one.....but when I returned at midnight June 8th, there was no room reservation for me.
"Andrew" -I believe was his name- was on the desk, and called a couple of closeby hotels for me, but when I arrived I was unable to afford the quadrupled cost. Springhill Suites had turned me out into the street after midnight because their clerk had dropped the ball.

• Stayed June 2010, traveled on business
Old Bridge, NJ
Reviewed March 27, 2010

My family and I spent only one night at the Springhill Suites by Marriott near the Denver airport. We were on our way home from a week long ski vacation and had an early flight the next morning. We checked in around 4 PM and were in our room within minutes. This is an all suites motel, but the suite was much nicer than the one I had just spent 1 week at in Dillon, Co. I wish we could have had this accommodation instead. Tastefully decorated in a modern flair, the carpet still smelled like new, and the place was very clean. The sink area is separate from the toilet/tub room, making it more efficient for a family of 4 to get ready in the morning. The front desk help was courteous and helped us sign up for an appropriate shuttle to the airport for the next day. A continental breakfast is available at 5 AM for those early fliers. It included the standard fare, however, it was served on plates and real silverware, giving it a more sophisticated appearance. But... Sam's club danish taste the same whether on paper or china. All in all, I would definately stay here again.

• Stayed March 2010, traveled with family
California
Reviewed October 21, 2009

We arrived at about noon which is 3 hours before official check-in. The front desk graciously let us check-in at that time and have the room.

We had a 2 queen bed room with a semi-separate area with a couch, chair, computer desk, small empty fridge (not stocked with a bunch of junk!) coffeepot and microwave. Everything in this hotel is nice and appears new. The room was immaculate. Nice large flat screen tv. Everything about this hotel is nice and clean. Large, well-lit parking lot.

Outstanding features of this hotel are: FREE parking, FREE breakfast, FREE airport shuttle and FREE internet.

Off the lobby is a small lounge that opens up at 5pm and serves alcohol & appetizers for a fee. They also have a small cold case with drinks and a small selection of frozen foods and ice cream bars. Coffee & tea available for free 24 hours a day.

Ruby Tuesday’s restaurant is a stone’s throw away and DiCicco’s Italian Restaurant is a 5 minute walk.

More restaurants and store are located a short drive away. Exit the hotel and turn right on Tower Road. Drive down to 40th and turn right. Follow it and you’ll come upon fast food, drugstores and gas stations. On your right a ways down further is a WalMart Super Store Center that has a Del Taco and a Chipotle Restaurant.

Even though I updated my GPS with the new maps before I left on this trip, the Google Map and GPS directions are wrong. Another reviewer also pointed this out. Take the Tower road exit off Pena Expressway and turn right or drive straight north on Tower from I-70. You also cannot get back on Pena heading south to I-70. If wanting to still use a GPS, I’d try and use the Ruby Tuesday’s address of: [--]. The hotel is located directly behind the restaurant.

This hotel is not near downtown which is okay with us. We didn’t want to spend a couple of hundred a night. We were able to get our room here on a promotion of “Stay 2 nights and get the 3rd night free” which made our room cost $66 a night. Can’t beat that at all.

Lots of encounters with the front staff and they have been very friendly and helpful each time. I certainly recommend the SpringHill Suites.

• Stayed October 2009, traveled with family
1 Thank catadams44
Amsterdam
Reviewed August 22, 2009

In short: good value, large room, free internet, good beds, free airport shuttle.
Funny location: in the middle of the fields.
One minor point: you can hear the neighbours too well (after 4 weeks we had heard the American 'Oh my G..' too often, our neighbours added quite a few of these exclamations).

• Stayed August 2009, traveled with family
Seattle, WA
Reviewed August 7, 2009

Nice place, spacious rooms, front desk staff pleasant and receptive. An all around pleasant experience until we came down to the included breakfast. . When I looked at the counter that was suppose to have any food, the egg tray was empty, no cereal none, no bread products, almost no juices....etc. When I asked the woman who was working there she barked at me and said they had had a busy weekend. It was Tuesday! I realize she had been probably harassed about the lack of food but needs to learn some manners under duress when working with the public. If they had any concerns for customer service, they would have simply run down to the grocery store. Unfortunately our last impression of this hotel was not a good one. Probably worse was that I filled out the on-line customer service inquiry at the Marriott site (Springhills owner) and received absolutely not response. I would stay at Springhill suites again for I think this one was just poorly operated in some areas.

• Stayed August 2009, traveled with family
Jacksonville, Fl
Reviewed July 31, 2009

Great Location, close to Denver International Airport. Stayed twice (once after late flight, once before early flight) Staff was wonderful, arranging shuttle service to and from the airport, which was accomplished without any problems. Hotel and room was clean and comfortable with all imaginable ammenties. The breakfast was all that could be asked for, with eggs, sausage as well as all expected breakfast foods. Internet service in the lobby was appreciated for flight check in, etc... Ruby Tuesday restaurant within 100 yards of the hotel for easy access without driving. Reasonable Priced....Nice aaappreciated touches...like free newspapers, candy, water in Airport Shuttle etc. Thanks John at the front desk for his friendliness, and helpfulness!!!

• Stayed July 2009, traveled with family