“Good overnight choice, but beware the shuttle”

SpringHill Suites Denver Airport
Ranked #54 of 157 Hotels in Denver
Sitka, Alaska
“Good overnight choice, but beware the shuttle”
Reviewed October 25, 2012

The hotel was fine, the breakfast typically good Marriott and the staff was nice. They let us have a late checkout, which was convenient for us. The one bit of advice that I can give you is beware of the shuttle to and from the airport. The shuttle leaves only every half hour and, being Denver, the airport is a bit of a drive away. When we arrived at 9:30 in the evening the shuttle was already full and we had the choice of waiting a half hour, standing up for the 60 MPH ride to the hotel or taking a cab. We opted to stand and we arrived at the hotel ok.

Book your return shuttle to the airport as soon as you check in to be sure you get on the shuttle at the time you need. If you don't you may be out of luck because they do not allow standees on the return to the airport,

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (77)
Odessa, Texas
Reviewed October 23, 2012

First thing I walked into the entry way at 1 a.m. in the morning and the smell of clean hit me. I do not know if they had just mopped or what but the smell was so pleasing. I had been traveling and in meetings since 6 am that previous morning so I was looking forward to a pleasant, clean, room and bed to get a few hours of sleep before I departed at 6 am that morning.
I was first greated by a very pleasant shuttle driver that carried on an interesting conversation during the short ride from the airport. It was good it kept me awake on the ride. Walked in the door and I did not realize someone that works at 1 am in the morning could be so nice. He was fast and persise with the room agreement got me off to my lovely, clean room for my short nap of the night. You know it is a short night when the person that issues you the key is the same person that hands you your bill in the morning at check out.
Did have a little misque on the morning shuttle --the driver did miss my stop but dropped me on the other side. That was fine.
Great stay, great facility, and great people--just what you want after a 19 hour day.
I will look to book more of my stays at Springhill Suites--because of your people, facility and service.
L.V. Tennison HR Director Western US NOV Tuboscope

Room Tip: Value was average in that I was there for only 5 hrs and it was $30 and hourly.(Haven't found on...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Portland, Oregon
Reviewed October 20, 2012

Stayed for 2 nights on a recent business trip to the Denver area and highly recommend this hotel. The hotel is new, clean and the staff is great. The early breakfast, evening cookies and small lounge for a night cap with colleagues (not to mention the great bar tender) will keep me coming back on future trips through Denver International.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Arizona
Reviewed October 15, 2012

We stayed overnight after a long driving day along I80 and I76 since we did not want to deal with rush hour traffic in Denver. The accommodations were excellent but the price was much higher than expected. A real positive for this hotel is that breakfast is served starting at 5 am which is great for catching early flights or leaving early to hit the road (our situation). This enabled us to beat the Denver morning rush hour traffic. The room is excellent as is the breakfast fare. A real plus is having a restaurant (Ruby Tuesday) in walking distance from the hotel (less than 500 feet). Overall a great place to stay, but it is overpriced.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
New Smyrna Beach, Florida
Reviewed September 24, 2012

hotel exceeded expectaions...staff was courteous and helpful...highly recommend...close to airport...shuttle...restaurants in walking distance...breaksfast is available by 5 in the morning so you can grab coffee and something to eat for the early flights

• Stayed September 2012, traveled solo
Chris F, General Manager at SpringHill Suites Denver Airport, responded to this review, September 25, 2012
Hello Pat J,

Our team takes great pride in the hotel and they will be happy to see your gracious comments about our hotel! Thank you very much and we hope to see you again soon!

Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
Reviewed September 18, 2012

If you are flying into or out of Denver this is the perfect place to stay. The hotel is new, the rooms are comfortable and clean and the staff is a real plus. (their evening cookies are good too) The hotel provides transportation to and from the Denver airport which is about 10 min away. They provide a nice breakfast ... a good way to start your day. A nice new Ruby Tuesday is a very short walk from the hotel. Their prime burgher was delicious!!

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Chris F, General Manager at SpringHill Suites Denver Airport, responded to this review, September 20, 2012
Hello Truebearing,

Thank you very much for sharing your kind words about our hotel! We are pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay and we hope to see you again soon!

General Manager - Marriott SpringHill Suites - DIA
chris.feaster@interstatehotels.com
Washington State
Reviewed August 23, 2012

Checked into my room. The thermostat was 64 degrees and it felt like entering a deep freeze. Took quite a while to get the climate control system to adjust. Not what I wanted to experience on a cooler rainy evening. Sheets and duvet were on the flimsy side. TV remote appeared to be low on batteries as it was hard to toggle between channels. Did appreciate the very clean room and convenient shuttle service. For one night prior to an early flight it was fine. Checkin was very efficient and pleasant. But hope the housekeeping can avoid wasting A/C for other guests!

• Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
Chris F, General Manager at SpringHill Suites Denver Airport, responded to this review, August 31, 2012
Hello sss45,

Thank you kindly for taking the time to provide us with valuable feedback regarding your stay. We are happy to hear that you found the room to be clean and convenient for your needs. Our housekeeping team takes great pride in the rooms and this is evidenced in our 90.2% rating for room cleanliness.

We deeply apologize for the inconvenience of having to walk into a cold room. Although we do have standards for our room temperature settings for both AC and heat, this standard clearly was missed with your room.

I would encourage you to stay with us again to prove that what you experienced with walking into a cold room is NOT the norm for our property. Should you be in the Denver area again and would like assistance in setting up a reservation with us, I would be happy to help expedite the reservation process.

Thank you again for taking the time to share your feedback, we view it as an opportunity to improve!

General Manager - Marriott SpringHill Suites DIA