“Garden of the Gods, Old Colorado City tour”
Review of Gray Line Tours

and up
Denver City Sightseeing Tour
Ranked #24 of 80 Tours in Denver
Reviewed September 9, 2012

HORRIBLE. The guide's microphone was breaking up and we heard every third word for the entire 4 hour tour. You would think the bus driver AND the guide would be sure this was working before the tour. The tour was mainly from shopping point to shopping point. We stopped a total of two times to look at the beautiful rock formations in the Garden then headed straight to the Trading Post where we were a captive audience for lunch and shopping. We totally bypassed the Visitor Center where we could have eaten, shopped, AND heard incredible vistas of more rock formations.

After lunch it was straight to Old Colorado Springs for time to stroll for ice cream before the tour ended. HUGELY disappointing.

3  Thank John H

Reviewed September 8, 2012

We took two tours (Rocky Mountain National Park tour and Denver Mountain Parks/City tour combo. All of the tours were very well done. The Rocky Mountain National Park tour is an all day tour and featured beautiful countryside and mountainous terrain - well work the time. The Denver Mountain Parks and City tours are actually two seperate tours. We started with the Denver Mountain Park tour which took us to Red Rocks and Lookout Mountain for the grave/musuem of Buffalo Bill Cody. The afternoon was the Denver City tour which featured many of the sites in the Denver area. Our tour was supposed to have included the Denver Mint but it was not possible due to the Taste of Denver festival which had blocked off a number of roads in the downtown area. All three of our guides/drivers were very courteous and knowledge - really enjoyed our tours.

4  Thank dc1836
Reviewed September 1, 2012

The Trip was Great and our driver Darcy very informative and kind. The bus was comfortable and we had many stops at interesting places or terrific views to take pictures. Denver was one of our stop overs on the Californian zephyr train and we found this an excellent way to see the Rockies without a car and with limited time.

4  Thank Miriam H
Reviewed August 3, 2012

My grandson and I were looking for something to do together to fill in the day until our scheduled departure on Amtrack. I had booked a tour, but the driver knew the train departure time and the length of the tour I had booked and pointed out that we would not get back in time. Instead we took a shorter tour, and we were "paired" with another couple who were interesting and through discussion the driver determined what special interests each had and "tailored" the event to address our special interests. It was wonderful and as a result I will look to take Gray Line Tours in other cities as I travel.

1  Thank PNS2548
Reviewed July 14, 2012

I had a few days stop over in Denver for my trip with no car. The Gray Line Tours poved a great way to see the city and surrounding area. The tour to Pikes Peak was cancelled during my visit due to severe wildfires in Colorado Springs. I took the City Tour and Mountain Park Combo instead. These are two half day trips, with a stop at Cherry Creek Shopping Centre for lunch. There are a range of places to eat, in the mall, across the road in Cherry Creek North, with a Safeway next door to the mall and Burger King across the road. I would never have got around all those attractions without a car and it gave me some ideas for further visits in the city on other days. Red Rocks Amphitheater was well worth seeing.
The Rocky Mountain National Park tour was a long day (11 hours), but the scenery was spectacular. We had lunch in Grand Lake. I took sandwiches and sat on the lake front to enjoy my lunch.
I found the drivers friendly and helpful and the buses comfortable. The administration staff were friendly and helpful when I called the office.

6  Thank cymroh j

Been to Gray Line Tours? Share your experiences!