“Rocky Mountains National Park Tour”
Review of Gray Line Tours

Gray Line Tours
Book In Advance
More Info
$55.00*
and up
Denver Mountain Parks with Optional Denver City...
Ranked #31 of 81 Tours in Denver
Reviewed September 1, 2012

The Trip was Great and our driver Darcy very informative and kind. The bus was comfortable and we had many stops at interesting places or terrific views to take pictures. Denver was one of our stop overs on the Californian zephyr train and we found this an excellent way to see the Rockies without a car and with limited time.

4  Thank Miriam H
"air force academy"
in 7 reviews
"bus driver"
in 6 reviews
"cherry creek shopping mall"
in 5 reviews
in 2 reviews
"grave site"
in 2 reviews

Reviewed August 3, 2012

My grandson and I were looking for something to do together to fill in the day until our scheduled departure on Amtrack. I had booked a tour, but the driver knew the train departure time and the length of the tour I had booked and pointed out that we would not get back in time. Instead we took a shorter tour, and we were "paired" with another couple who were interesting and through discussion the driver determined what special interests each had and "tailored" the event to address our special interests. It was wonderful and as a result I will look to take Gray Line Tours in other cities as I travel.

1  Thank PNS2548
Reviewed July 14, 2012

I had a few days stop over in Denver for my trip with no car. The Gray Line Tours poved a great way to see the city and surrounding area. The tour to Pikes Peak was cancelled during my visit due to severe wildfires in Colorado Springs. I took the City Tour and Mountain Park Combo instead. These are two half day trips, with a stop at Cherry Creek Shopping Centre for lunch. There are a range of places to eat, in the mall, across the road in Cherry Creek North, with a Safeway next door to the mall and Burger King across the road. I would never have got around all those attractions without a car and it gave me some ideas for further visits in the city on other days. Red Rocks Amphitheater was well worth seeing.
The Rocky Mountain National Park tour was a long day (11 hours), but the scenery was spectacular. We had lunch in Grand Lake. I took sandwiches and sat on the lake front to enjoy my lunch.
I found the drivers friendly and helpful and the buses comfortable. The administration staff were friendly and helpful when I called the office.

6  Thank cymroh j
Reviewed July 11, 2012

I had limited time in Denver and took the 1/2 Mountain Tour. What a joke (the tour, not the cheesy commentary by "Dave" the tour guide). We were picked up at our hotel at 7:45. After making four more hotel stops, we went to the Gray Line office to purchase tickets (45 minutes later). We finally left close to 9 a.m. The brochure should have shared this information.
I realize that the tour needs to move out of the city, but it's pretty sad when the tour guide is pointing out the new condo buildings, telling us when the first apts. were built, but completely missing a few historic buildings and a monument-can't tell you what they were. It went downhill from here. One of the best parts of the trip? Taking an exit on the freeway, and going over the "Picture Bridge Overpass" named because people like to take pictures of the mountains. IT WAS AN OVERPASS! Dave pulls the bus off the highway, mind you we are at a busy intersection with cars zooming by. We can now take a picture!!!! Interesting that we don't stop at the beautiful waterfall-oops-forgot to point that out! The trip to Buffalo Bills' Grave was mediocre at best. After walking to the top, there is a miniscule iron fence with the grave. No placard with information. We had the great opportunity to go into the Buffalo Bill Museum and Gift Shop. Talk about crap for sale. That was pretty much the whole tour. We were so disgusted we got off at a different hotel so we wouldn't have to listen to anymore commentary. Did we give the driver a tip? "Yes. "Think about a different job!"

2  Thank doozy2
See more reviews
Reviewed July 3, 2012

Our flight was delayed by over 8 hours. We were due to be picked up the following morning at 7.30 am. My husband rang gray line tours from the airport to canel the tour due to our delay. Gray line said this would not be a problem and booked us on the the following days tour great customer service.
We were picked up promptly from our tour guide Darcy at 7.30 am. Quiet a large coach but only about 8 of us on the tour.
We thoroughly enjoyed the park tour which was the morning part of the tour. However as previously mentioned i did find the city tour a little bit boring although hubby thought it was fine.
Darcy was a very good tour guide.
Defo recommend the Denver Parks tour.

Been to Gray Line Tours? Share your experiences!