“Avoid At All Costs!!!!”

Ranked #107 of 157 Hotels in Denver
Grand Forks, North Dakota
“Avoid At All Costs!!!!”
Reviewed October 14, 2013

Wow, I am speechless. This hotel was gross - I didn't expect much. The worst part was finding DIRTY NEEDLES under our bed, but we'll get there. Even giving it a single star is being nice. Not only were our sheets dirty and towels stained, but the bathroom wasn't even swept, the back of the toilet bowl was not properly put together, and the floor was so gross no one walked around (or even took a shower) without wearing protective flip flops. To top it off however, we found 3 DIRTY NEEDLES under the bed. Don't believe me? I have pictures and a video which we posted on You Tube. When I informed the staff I received a nonchalant "Hmm, sorry 'bout that". No offers for money back or anything along those lines - as if this happens every day. I have stayed at low rated hotels before, but I have never been so appalled in all of my travels. DO NOT STAY HERE.

Room Tip: My tip is to go somewhere else.
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank BRITTANY S

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (15)
Reviewed September 25, 2013 via mobile

If you are looking for hookers or crack you may have found the right place. Everything smelled like smoke including our bath towels. Found a needle wrapper on the floor of our "clean" room! Also was awoken by a bug of some kind! It's in a fairly descent part of town but soooooo what. I should hav slept with the homeless guy across the street.

• Stayed September 2013
2 Thank Sulibrobro

Travelers are raving about these Denver hotels

Waynesboro, Pennsylvania, United States
Reviewed August 22, 2013 via mobile

Omg. The most discusting place on Earth. The sheets were covered on dirt and hair. We asked for replacements and they told us to come get them ourselves. Plaster was falling. Lightbulbs missing. Scary people outside. Door lock could have been kicked in by a toddler. We slept in our clothes on top of the bed. If it wasn't the last hotel in all I'd Denver we would have left in a second.

• Stayed July 2013
1 Thank TravelMonster17268
BenGarcia, Manager at Super 8 Denver Midtown, responded to this review, September 14, 2013
Thank you for your rating and review. I am very sorry that you did not enjoy your stay with us at the hotel. Whenever any item is missing or broken, we always have maintenance attend to the issue in a timely manner if we are notified of it. We are getting ready to remodel the building as it is an older building. Please reconsider your thoughts on the hotel as we are changing and improving it each and every day.
Reviewed August 11, 2013

Awful! Should have slept in the car. My boyfriend and I were on our way back from the western part of the state and decided to spend a day in Denver. We booked this hotel because it was cheap and not too far from Rockies stadium. The room was suppose to be non-smoking, but had an overpowering stench of smoke and filth. When the door was closed you could still see daylight coming in. Then toilet had been broke and puzzle pieced back together. We slept on top of the bed spread and neither one of us got a good nights sleep. Overall it was an awful experience. I would not recommend this place to the most desperate of people. If you are desperate sleep in your car in a Walmart parking lot.

• Stayed July 2013
1 Thank JMetzler
Thank you for rating us and providing us with your feedback. I understand that you were unhappy with your stay. I hope that in the future you will consider coming back as the hotel is being renovated in the near future. I am also sorry that you requested a non smoking room and when you arrived you had a smoke odor in the room. We will always offer to switch you rooms when we have available rooms for guest satisfaction. Again, I am very sorry and I do appreciate your feedback.
Bozeangelas
Reviewed August 8, 2013

In early May 2013, I signed up for a 4 day workshop in Denver, on the same day I booked a hotel room. There was some kind of sports event happening that weekend and this was the only hotel in that area that had an opening. I sure wish I would have read the Trip Advisor reviews before booking with this place, I should have slept in the car instead.

The front desk people were nice enough, not sure how they can stand it there...
Our room was next to a almost fully condemned room in front of which there was broken glass and garbage. The condemned room had no door handle and was open pretty much for anyone to enter it.

There seemed to be a lot of permanent residents of this hotel who were obviously on drugs and even doing drugs nearly out in the open, in the parking lot. The room itself smelled so strongly of chemicals cleaners I could taste it upon walking in the room and it gave me a headache. Later the chemical smell dissipated to reveal a heavy smell of mold, there were cigarette burns in the blankets, strange stains on the ironing board, junk out our window from the condemned room next door, the bathtub was really dirty as was the bathroom sink, the smoke alarm was missing and later found it without batteries in one of the drawers, the walls and floors were dirty and this place was probably not cleaned for years.

The ONLY thing about this place is the most excellent view of Down Town Denver and it was walking distance from Elitch Gardens, the Aquarium and more.

The day we were packing to leave, some workers started bringing supplies and tools into the smashed up room next to ours. These guys were smoking and swearing heavily in front of our son as we packed and they bumped my car with their truck door as they opened it. I'm really not sure why the owner of this place doesn't just shut it down and hire a real Contractor to completely renovate this old unkempt building. As of right now, it is run an likely owned by the Ramada next door and I'm sure that Corporation can handle the remodel; it would be wise or they too will start to get a bad rap.

Seriously, if you can help it, get a different hotel- or sleep in your car, it's safer especially for a family with small children. I was very fearful for my child staying here.s

Room Tip: Find a different hotel or stay with friends!
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Thank your very much for your rating and review. We do value the feedback of our guests. I am very happy to hear that the front desk staff treated you well and that you enjoyed the view of Downtown Denver. We are in the process of working on a remodel for the hotel and soon it will be renovated. We do clean the sidewalks daily and I apologize that there was glass on the ground near your room, I hope the front desk was able to take action on that right away. Please come back in the future to see the renovation that we do. We would love to have you back and enjoy the experience at our hotel.
Denver, Colorado
Reviewed July 23, 2013

When we showed up it was hard to figure out where the office was. then the room they gave us had blood on the floor and the walls and the furniture. What the heck.!!!!! There were prostitutes in the parking lot people doing drugs in the parking lot. we went to the front desk and showed them the blood in our room and they only offered to switch us rooms which was just as bad. broken locks couldn't leave any of our things in the rooms there was caution tape on some of the rooms as well as the stair case by our room. I asked the desk if some one had been killed or if something had happened in our room and why the caution tape and they laughed. she told me that the tape was to prevent the kids from running around and didn't address my other question about where the blood could have come from. very very nasty place. if you have children or older parents then DO NOT BRING THEM HERE.. if you are the police or health dept. then please come and close this aweful aweful place down. a real hole in the wall.. At least the people at the front desk were nice but I could tell they could care less and didn't even want to be working there. around three in the morning a loud banging started as if people above us and on both sides of us began having sex and it would make those noises on and off the rest of the night there were no other options to save us from this hell hole due to a conference everything else was booked for days. I almost packed up that night around 4 in the morning to drive all the way to Colorado springs just to get a decent room that drive would have been over an hour away. this experience was the worst ever and it really made Denver look bad to me I was ready to head back to New mexico and never return to Denver based on my stay at the Regency Knights inn downtown Denver on Zuni. Stay away beware..!!! It was so bad I didn't even care that I walked away from a three night pre paid reservation they can keep the money. they need it for some major cleaning. I couldn't sleep the entire night I was so paranoid plus all the noise I felt like I was on something because I just couldn't get any sleep I couldn't even lay on top of the bed I waited until the sun came up gave them their keys and got far away from that place.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends
4 Thank charles w
Reviewed July 21, 2013

My daughters and I were in town for the Kenny Chesney concert. The only reason we booked this hotel was because it was so close to Mile High. When we opened the door, the smell hit us like a punch in the face. There were cigarette burns in the bedspreads, no working smoke detector, a very nasty bathroom and huge holes in the gross carpeting and walls. We were horrified to see children swimming in the obviously unsanitary pool and adults grilling food nearby. After we returned from the concert an ambulance and police showed up 3 doors down from ours and hauled out a man on a stretcher. We slept in our clothes and kept one eye open. The next morning as we walked down the stairs there was feces at the bottom of the stairs. I travel a lot, and this was by far the worst hotel I have ever seen!! It should be condemned by the city!!!!

Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends