Super 8 Denver Midtown
Crowne Plaza Denver(Denver)(Great Value!)
$125
$161
Kimpton
$119
  • Breakfast included
Hyatt Place Denver/Cherry Creek(Denver)(Great Value!)
$135
  • Room Service
$412
$301
  • Pool
Grand Hyatt Denver Downtown(Denver)(Great Value!)
$318
$274
$229
Hotels.com
  • Restaurant
See what travelers are saying:
FilterAll languages
Reviewed June 9, 2012 via mobile

Traveling with a child and a dog on a budget is challenging but this place was more than I could handle. The smell. The red stains on the carpet. The hooker and her customer. Even though I was pre paid they let me cancel and have a refund or it would have been an even lower score. Do not bother with this place.

• Stayed: June 2012
Reviewed April 29, 2012

Only picked it for its proximity to downtown and its price. Thought it was a bargain...for a crack house. Broken door frame, dirty bedsheets with cigarette burns; toilet had no top and there was a hole in the bathroom floor (see photos posted). The phone didn't work as all the buttons were missing or punched out; needless to say had to use the cell phone to call front desk. After my complaints to them, all they could offer was to move us to another room. No thanks, after one night we were so out of here. DO NOT COME HERE, unless you really do need that fix.

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed October 4, 2011

Oh, where to begin... We arrived around 5:30pm and found that office was locked. The carpetting was ripped out and there was garbage strewn about the entire office. I looked down the way and there were three little boys who obviously were living in one of the rooms with someone. We noticed the sign in the window telling us check in was at the Ramada Inn next door. The room had been pre-paid so we decided to give it a try. The clerk told us we had a pool side room. We pulled around to where the clerk told us the easiest access was and unloaded our stuff.

As we were unloading there was a little girl running around with a toy broom and a puppy who also obviously lived there. We carried our bags to the room and were amazed that the key card actually worked in the door. As we entered, the puppy also entered but he didn't stay long. There were holes in the wall and the bathroom door and only one light worked. I plugged a few lamps back in and found one are wires that I decided it was best that we forgo it's use.

The carpeting was stained and it looked there was vomit ground into the carpeting. The TV worked but the remote would not allow you to scroll through the channels or change the volume. There was no phone or alarm clock. The best part was the bathroom. The toilet worked and the shower was hot. The bathroom was relatively clean. Another positive was that the air blew cold air.....continuously. Luckily it was hot out so that was OK. I wouldn't stay here in the winter as there was at least a one inch gap around the whole door.
Now that we were in we decided to check out the pool. When we tried to open the door to leave but the door handle came off and I had a sudden moment of panic that we had become trapped in the Bates Motel but after a little work we escaped. The gate was open and the water was actually clear. There were several issues though. The pool was only half full, all the pool maintenence tools were under water at the bottom of the pool and someone had thrown hundreds of rocks into the pool. Perhaps the little boys were bored. We decided swimming wasn't necessary.

We actually had comfortable beds and got a good night's (or maybe Knight's)sleep. The next morning as we were leaving our neighbor, who also obviously lived there, asked us if we wanted to buy a personal DVD player. We told him no and he walked away drinking his 24 ounce can of Keystone Ice. This was at 8 am.. We thought maybe we could recommend a better brand of beer to him but decided not too.

When we got back I noticed that someone had previously hammered a Miller High Life bottle cap into the ceiling. As if by a miracle the beds had been made and we had a new set of towels.

After reading some of the other reviews here I have to say that I am now feeling pretty lucky. You see it didn't stink as others have stated and luckily for us the water was always clear. We did try to see if we were entittled to the continental breakfast at the Ramada but were told we would have to pay $5 so be forwarned!

During some of the time the puppy was at least on a leash. However on the last day he was off again. He paid us another visit in the room but didn't stay long this time either. There was a good reason this time. There was a half eaten pizza outside of our neighbors door and the discriminating pup was snacking on the pepperoni.

OK, I'm sure you get my drift here. STAY AWAY, the place is scary. It should be condemned used for practice for the Denver fire department. It did have a very nice view of the downtown Denver skyline!......

Room Tip: the best tip I can give is....DON'T DO IT. RUN AWAY
  • Stayed: September 2011, traveled with friends
Reviewed August 29, 2011

Ok, so my wife and her collegue had a presentation to make and the ACS conference here in Denver. I booked the room through Wyndham (I am a Wyndham employee) and got a good deal on the room. When we got there the room number was handwritten, the AC didn't work and it smelled BAD. The girl at the front desk was nice enough to set us up at the Days Inn for no extra charge (since I had already paid the Wyndham property). It's a good thing she did. What would have been our second night there we found out from the local news that a man was SHOT TO DEATH. http://www.kjct8.com/news/29013540/detail.html
This link is to it. AVOID AT ALL COSTS!!!!

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled on business
1  Thank james h
Reviewed May 30, 2011

This motel is conveniently located near Mile High but the good stops there. The buildings are falling down, electrical code violations everywhere and the place appears to have never been cleaned. Resist the temptation to stay at the adjacent Ramada as it appeared just as mismanaged and dirty. The ramada staff are responsible for check in/out and appear to run this establishment. This reflects poorly on Ramada and I'm holding this visit against them.

• Stayed: May 2011