“3 words: CHICKEN AND WAFFLES!!”

Steuben's Food Service
Ranked #30 of 2,986 Restaurants in Denver
Cuisines: Pub, American, Bar, Diner
Good for: Dining on a budget, Bar scene, Kids, Families with children, Local cuisine, Large groups
Dining options: Brunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Late Night, Lunch, Accepts American Express, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Delivery, Free Off-Street Parking, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Neighborhood: Downtown
Description: What are your first three food and drink related visits when you head to your hometown? What do you order? Fried Clams from Kelly's? Supreme Sauce from Raynor's? A slice from Joe's? A take out order of a green-chili cheeseburger from The Owl Cafe? Maybe it's that hot dog from Pink's or those sticky ribs from Thelma's. Or do you head home for a bowl of Mom's chicken soup and brisket? We return to these classic spots for the comfort, the subtly unique flavor, the consistency, the familiarity, and the memories of both the food and the experience. Only one place can set the standard for certain foods. Lovers of food have their own "greatest hits collection." We yearn for that blissful moment that uses the powers of food, smell, sight, taste, and memory to take us to a happy place; that after school hangout, the corner deli, the pizza place and sometimes even Mom's kitchen. Steuben's is named after a restaurant in Boston that my Great Uncles, Max and Joe, opened in 1945. Steuben's became a famous Boston restaurant, nightclub, and hotspot from the 1940's to the 1960's on Boylston Street. The Vienna Room, The Cave, and The Blue Room were all part of the Steuben's space and hosted Big Band, Jazz, and Swing groups with The Rat Pack, Proms and Sweet Sixteens and more. In its prime, Steuben's was the center of the Boston dining and nightlife scene. Steuben's, Denver, is a restaurant that respects the history of its name and the core ingredients of the American Regional classics we have attempted to recreate. These dishes are America's cuisine and American's interpretations of the dishes of our diverse cultural heritage. We have enjoyed the endless debates, opinions, stories, research, consultations and food memories that have led us to the opening version of the Steuben's menu. Eat at Steuben's. Take-Out from Steuben's. Drink at Steuben's. Feel at home, in Denver, at Steuben's.
Denver, Colorado
“3 words: CHICKEN AND WAFFLES!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 30, 2012

YUM! 5 stars and beyond...wow! First of all I love the feel of this place, it's in a fun downtown neighborhood location and while I do live in Denver I had never ventured over there. I will be honest, I first heard of it on Diners, Drive-Ins and Dives...and I had seen their food truck around before. My husband and I decided to try it for Saturday brunch and we were NOT let down!! The food, the drinks, the atmosphere, the service, all wonderful! The place fills up and was pretty crowded at 11 on a Saturday morning...took a while to get our check and a few minutes to get our order taken but they were busy so I'm not holding it against them.

Now to the important part: food was AMAZING!! I wouldn't go here looking for a healthy meal, and wanted to order everything on the menu. The chicken and waffles are to die for!!! HUGE and served the traditional way with actual fried chicken, not tiny little chicken strips. They bring two syrups and a gravy. My husband had one of the many eggs bennie options and was very impressed...as he was with the bacon bloody mary's. The place is amazing and we plan to make it a regular brunch spot from now on. Fun crowd, fun staff...and just an awesome experience...very retro decor which just adds to the overall experience. If you're anywhere near the area check it out!

• Visited October 2012

Hays, Kansas
“Good Sandwich”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 24, 2012

While in Denver on a recent business trip, I went to Steuben's for a quick lunch. I was debating between a couple of items on the menu when my server asked if he could make a couple of suggetions (I thought, "Of course, please do!")? One of his favorite items was an item I was contemplating, so my choice was made - the Cubano sandwich. It was delish!
The ladies at the table next to me were sharing a bucket of fries and plate of mac'n'cheese, both looked like enough to share. However, since I was at lunch alone and the sandwich pricing did not include a side-dish, I opted to neither item... so, maybe next time!

• Visited October 2012
Las Vegas, Nevada, United States
“Well known joint with Great Food!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 24, 2012

Get here early, and don't come if you are in a hurry, this place is well liked and well known. Ate here twice on a 4 day trip to Denver, waited 30 minutes for a table each time. We had the lobster roll (the original Stueben's was in Boston which is why they do this dish so well) Macaroni & cheese, Shrimp po boy, breakfast burrito; everything was great! They also serve up some fine hand crafted cocktails!

Visited October 2012
“good and trendy”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 24, 2012

Our dinner there was good and the drinks were very hip. The breakfast we tried was ok, but one person's french toast was underdone. They did remove it from the bill

Visited October 2012
“decent”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 18, 2012

small menue, very busy and loud inside, service is fine. Not sure why people like this place, its average and is rather expensive.

Visited May 2012