“High class relaxation”

Ranked #22 of 157 Hotels in Denver
Ames, Iowa
“High class relaxation”
Reviewed January 20, 2011

Great location downtown near quality shopping and eating... even has an improve studio nearby. Very nicely maintained modern hotel with top notch staff and a great restaurant.

• Stayed October 2010, traveled on business
DHinkle2, Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Denver Downtown, responded to this review, January 25, 2011
Dear shawnbt,

Thank you for choosing to stay with us at the Hilton Garden Inn Denver-Downtown during your recent trip to Denver. We are pleased to hear you enjoyed our convenient downtown location near quality dining and shopping.

As a team we are glad you found our staff to be top notch and that you also enjoyed your experience in the Pi Kitchen and Bar. We greatly appreciate the kind review and we look forward to welcoming you back when your travels bring you to Denver next.

Asst. Front Office Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (129)
  • Korean first
Verona, Virginia
Reviewed January 11, 2011

We stayed at this property because of its proximity to the Convention Center. The property is well above average in appearance and comfort and the service from the moment we arrived until we left was outstanding. We will definitely be back.

• Stayed January 2011, traveled on business
DHinkle2, Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Denver Downtown, responded to this review, January 14, 2011
Dear TomSadler,

Thank you very much for choosing to stay with us at the Hilton Garden Inn Denver-Downtown during your recent trip to Denver. Not only are we glad to hear you enjoyed our proximity to the Colorado Convention Center, we are also happy to hear that you found the hotel to be above average in appearance and comfort.

As a member of the Hilton family of hotels we take great pride in providing superior service. We are thrilled that you found the service to be good throughout your entire stay. As a team we thank you once again for staying with us and we look forward to accommodating you on your next trip to Denver.

Asst. Front Office Manager
Cincinnati, Ohio
Reviewed December 11, 2010

I initially resisted staying in downtown Denver, instead trying to stay in more moderately priced suburban hotels to stretch my vacation dollars. I am SO GLAD I decided to spend a few extra dollars and stay at this newer HGI property. The reviews on here were good, and I noticed that Justin consistently read and responded to them which is always a sign of an engaged and responsive manager.

I've come to expect exceptional service and atmosphere from urban HGIs and this one exceeded my high expectations. My 10th floor room had an amazing view of the mountains, the larger-than-usual fitness room had plenty of cardio and strength equipment, and the pool area included a large hot tub and the most scrumptious towels I've encountered at a hotel.

The food at "Pi," the attached restaurant was really REALLY good. I had 3 breakfast buffets which were consistently delicious, and the one dinner I enjoyed was phenomenal (surf n turf....exquisite!!).

I was thankful that previous reviewers prepared me for the $26 daily valet parking, and I normally resent not having a lower priced self-parking option. My gentle suggestion is to build the amount into your brain and get over it, because it is REALLY nice to call down for your car and have it ready 5 minutes later. And while there are nearby lots you could self park, the security of knowing your car is in a locked area is very comforting. I'm not normally a "valet parking" kind of traveler, but I reveled in this luxury and they really delivered on the prompt service.

Others have mentioned how close this is to the convention center (the main entrance of which is 1/2 block away), and the fabulous 16th Street restaurants & shops. I also attended a performance at the Denver Center for the Performing Arts and it was just a few blocks away as well.

Light rail stations are nearby as well, and taxis were always on hand if needed.

I intend to stay at this property whenever I need/want a top notch experience.

• Stayed December 2010, traveled solo
DHinkle2, Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Denver Downtown, responded to this review, December 13, 2010
Dear RipplesGuy,

Thank you very much for choosing the Hilton family of hotels and the Hilton Garden Inn Denver-Downtown for your recent stays with us. As a hotel we are glad you chose to overcome your resistance to downtown properties and give us a chance to meet or exceed your expectations. We are thrilled to hear that along with the quality of the room you were pleased with several of our amenities including the fitness center, pool and hot tub, and the Pi Kitchen and Bar.

We appreciate your review and the time you took out of your day to let us know how we are doing. Thank you once again for staying with us at the Hilton Garden Inn Denver-Downtown. We all look forward to your next visit to Denver.

Assistant Front Office Manager
Fort Collins, Colorado
Reviewed November 26, 2010

This Hilton Garden Inn is directly across the street from the convention center. It only has valet parking. But it is new. The facility and the rooms are in great shape. The staff is friendly and I would stay again if I were able to do that. Because it is so close to the Convention Center it requires some walking to get to the downtown resturants and other venues. So you might need a car. But the rooms were quiet and clean. I would stay again.

• Stayed November 2010, traveled on business
DHinkle2, Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Denver Downtown, responded to this review, November 29, 2010
Dear FTCtravel,

Thank you for staying with us at the Hilton Garden Inn Denver-Downtown. We appreciate you taking the time to let us know how we are doing. As a team we are glad to hear that you found the staff friendly. Also, we are glad that the room was quiet and clean.

Once again, we appreciate that you chose the Hilton family of hotels and the Hilton Garden Inn Denver-Downtown for your recent trip to Denver. It is our hope that we will have the pleasure of accommodating you again when your travels bring you back to the area.

Assistant Front Office Manager
Syracuse, New York
Reviewed November 11, 2010

Stayed here for 4 nights as a convention attendee. A great location steps away from the CCC and the 16th St. area. Staff was welcoming and helpful. Room was clean and quiet- didn't hear a peep from other rooms or elevator area, and the hotel seemed fully booked.
The on-site parking ($26 per day) was a bit pricey as others said, but the surface lots were a nuisance because the overnight rate expires at 5:59 a.m. Unless you're doing some side trip sightseeing, you won't need a car downtown.

I would stay here again and recommend this hotel, especially to the convention visitor or anyone wanting to stay downtown.

• Stayed November 2010, traveled on business
DHinkle2, Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Denver Downtown, responded to this review, November 15, 2010
Dear hootwemb,

I would like to thank you for choosing to stay with us at the Hilton Garden Inn Denver-Downtown. We appreciate you finding time to let us know how we are doing. I am pleased to hear you enjoyed our location near the Colorado Convention Center and the 16th St. pedestrian mall. Additionally I am glad you found our team to be friendly and helpful.

As a member of the Hilton family of hotels, we strive to make every guest feel comfortable and relaxed as possible. On behalf of our entire staff we would like to thank you once again for staying with us at the Hilton Garden Inn Denver-Downtown and we hope you will join us again when your travels bring you back to Denver.

Dustin Hinkle
Assistant Front Office Manager.
Casper, Wyoming
Reviewed November 10, 2010

Stayed for pleasure. The staff was for the "upper crust." They were not "rude" but stuffy. We had children and didn't quite feel warmly welcomed. I'm sure if we were there for business things would have been different.

• Stayed October 2010, traveled with family
Dear Aleegator,

I would like to thank you for choosing us here at the Hilton Garden Inn Denver-Downtown for your recent family vacation. We deeply apologize for the way in which our staff interacted with you during your stay.

As a team we strive to make every guest feel welcome, and we apologize that we failed to make your family as comfortable as possible. We thank you for letting us know how we are doing. We will utilize your review to ensure the staff is more engaging and friendly in order to make every guest feel more relaxed at the Hilton Garden Inn Denver-Downtown.

On behalf of our entire staff we thank you for staying with us at the Hilton Garden Inn Denver-Downtown and we hope that when your travels bring you back to Denver we will be given an opportunity to exceed your expectations.

Juneau, AK
Reviewed October 19, 2010

Wife and I stayed at the Hilton Garden Inn - Downtown Denver over a long weekend in October 2010.

We arrived at the property shortly after noon. I knew this was a bit early to attempt a check-in but we tried anyway, thinking we could stow our bags and walk around on the nearby 16th Street Mall for a few hours. As anticipated, the room was not ready but the front desk clerk said he could get us into a nicer room right away. We accepted this offer and went up to the room. However, the keys issued to us would not unlock the door. Luckily, the housekeeping crew was cleaning a nearby room and let us in to ours. I called the front desk and explained the situation. The fellow who checked us in was on the scene within minutes with a set of keys that did work.

The room's air conditioning was turned off and, as it was a warm day, the room was hot and stuffy. The control would not go to cool so I again called the front desk. Again, the response was immediate as the engineer came to the room within minutes and repaired the control switch just as rapidly.

That was the good news; the not-so-good news was that the thermostat could not be set lower than 68 degrees. Upon checking with the front desk staff, I was told that this was the result of a Hilton or Blackstone Group policy, something along the lines of an effort to "go green". I've been a guest at many Hilton properties across the country and this is the first one at which I have run up against this policy. I like a cooler room temperature-wise, especially at night, and the 68 degree setting didn't quite get the job done the first two nights of our stay. It shouldn't be a problem in the winter but it gets hot in Denver in the summer. I can appreciate the concern for the environment, but not at the expense of a good night's sleep.

Room issues aside, I have to give high praise to the hotel staff across the board. Every one of them made an effort to say hello, how is everything, are you happy with your stay, etc. They were extremely responsive. Wife and I truly felt like valued guests at this hotel.

This facility is ideally situated if you are in town for an event at the convention center. It's basically right across the street. It's also two blocks from the aforementioned 16th Street Mall. I haven't been to Denver in 20 years and was really impressed with all the work that has been done in the downtown core - the result is an easily walkable environment with plenty of interesting places to visit and great places to eat. Many buildings have been lovingly restored and the link to Denver's illustrious past is clear. We made two visits to the REI flagship store that is past Union Station - take the free mall bus to the northern terminus and walk across the river via an architecturally-unique cable-stayed pedestrian bridge. Walking to and from the Broncos game was a bit more arduous but doable (I wouldn't advise it for a night game, though).

The Pi restaurant in the lobby served up a great breakfast.

I would stay here again for my next trip to Denver, but it would probably be in the winter - I just don't think I would be comfortable there in the summer without being able to adjust the room temperature below 68 degrees.

• Stayed October 2010, traveled as a couple