“Weekend in Downtown Denver”

Hilton Garden Inn Denver Downtown
Ranked #27 of 160 Hotels in Denver
Reviewed November 28, 2009

I travel to the Denver area twice a year to ski and always spend 1 or 2 days in the city either before or after my time in the mountains. I found this hotel last year and I stay there on each trip. The onsite dining is very good and reasonable considering it it downtown. Decent area to walk around on foot as it isn't that far from the walking mall. Nice pool and workout facility as well as being clean and well run.

Comfortable rooms.

All in all an excellent value for the dollar. One caution though parking is extra.

• Stayed: January 2008, traveled as a couple
HGIDenver, Hotel Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Denver Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded December 2, 2009

On behalf of our entire staff here at the Hilton Garden Inn Denver-Downtown we would like to thank you for your comments regarding your recent stay with us. We strive to be your home away from home, and we are pleased to hear that you agree.

We look forward seeing you again when your travels bring you back to the area!

Write a ReviewReviews (1,175)

Reviewed November 1, 2009

I stayed for one night on a government rate before the start of a convention (stayed with a friend the rest of the time and traveled to convention center via Denver's new commuter train). I had requested a quiet room on a high floor and got top floor with apparently no one else close to me, it was wonderfully quiet! Super Shuttle from airport was crowded and took forever to drop everyone off at various sites. I was just really impressed with the friendliness of all staff members encountered, desk, doormen, restaurant staff in the morning, especially the restaurant manager. Breakfast was tasty.
The only slight glitch was an odd noise that came from either the heater or the mini-fridge at times during the night. (I did not complain about this to the staff so there was no opportunity to follow up on this trip, but I would ask about this if I ever stay there again.) This hotel is downtown right near the convention center but I did not hear any noises from the outside.

• Stayed: October 2009, traveled on business
HGIDenver, Front Office Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Denver Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded November 24, 2009

Dear Terri M,

We appreciate you taking the time to complete a review regarding your recent stay with us.

On behalf of our entire staff here at the Hilton Garden Inn Denver-Downtown we would like to thank you for your business and we hope to see you again when your travels bring you back to the area!

Warm Regards,
Justin Ellison

Reviewed October 21, 2009

I would like to say a big thanks to Jason for having my room ready for me when I came in for early check in. He told me the day before that they were sold out, but he would do his best to have a room ready for me by the time I arrived from Denver International Airport.

The front desk staff was helpful in finding my way around downtown and in answering all of my questions. Top notch staff... Top notch service. My fiance and I had a great time and the city was very clean. Everything was in walking distance, shopping, great dining, and lots of entertainment.

Thanks for a great stay. We look forward to seeing you again.

Best regards,

Alison Long
(Indianapolis, IN)

• Stayed: October 2009, traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 1, 2009

Second year staying here after attending a conference. Without a doubt the most consistent good service across all departments (front desk, valet, wait staff, etc.). Great location as well and rooms are fresh and new.

• Stayed: September 2009, traveled on business
Reviewed September 30, 2009

This was a very clean motel with great amenities. Walking distance to downtown 16th street mall. Staff was great would definately recommend. We will stay here for future visits.

• Stayed: September 2009, traveled with family
Reviewed September 28, 2009

My husband and I stayed at the Hilton Garden Inn for two nights in order to attend the Great American Beer Festival. The location was fantastic--across the street from the Colorado Convention Center and a five minute easy walk to the 16th Street Mall. As we had opted to not rent a car, the proximity of these items was important to us and came through "as advertised." When we arrived, our room was ready and we were given a "welcome gift" of two water bottles and cookies. The staff we helpful in giving directions and answering all of our questions.

Our only complaint was that the A/C in the room did not seem to be functioning properly, as we set it as low as possible (60 degrees) but the room temperature constantly read 72. We thought it would adjust itself while we were out and never did. We should have asked them to look into it but did not. Also, there is no fan in the bathroom to defog after a shower and everything in the room, including tissues, etc., became damp because of it.

Although the price was a bit higher than some of the other hotels a few blocks away, we thought it was worth the price because of the easy access to the convention center and the restaurants of the 16th street mall.

• Stayed: September 2009, traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 2, 2009

This hotel is one block from the Convention Center and offers very nice room with very comfortable bed. The room also has a small refrigerator and a microwave. As usual for HGI, its business center is great. The only drawback is the constant rumbling noise from the central air. Even if I turned off my own AC, I could still hear that noise. This was not a problem until I was trying to go to sleep. After they switched me from 11th to 9th, the noise level was lower but it's still there.

• Stayed: August 2009, traveled on business