“Great motel in a great location”

Hilton Garden Inn Denver Downtown
Ranked #21 of 156 Hotels in Denver
Montana
“Great motel in a great location”
Reviewed September 30, 2009

This was a very clean motel with great amenities. Walking distance to downtown 16th street mall. Staff was great would definately recommend. We will stay here for future visits.

• Stayed September 2009, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (127)
  • Korean first
CT
Reviewed September 28, 2009

My husband and I stayed at the Hilton Garden Inn for two nights in order to attend the Great American Beer Festival. The location was fantastic--across the street from the Colorado Convention Center and a five minute easy walk to the 16th Street Mall. As we had opted to not rent a car, the proximity of these items was important to us and came through "as advertised." When we arrived, our room was ready and we were given a "welcome gift" of two water bottles and cookies. The staff we helpful in giving directions and answering all of our questions.

Our only complaint was that the A/C in the room did not seem to be functioning properly, as we set it as low as possible (60 degrees) but the room temperature constantly read 72. We thought it would adjust itself while we were out and never did. We should have asked them to look into it but did not. Also, there is no fan in the bathroom to defog after a shower and everything in the room, including tissues, etc., became damp because of it.

Although the price was a bit higher than some of the other hotels a few blocks away, we thought it was worth the price because of the easy access to the convention center and the restaurants of the 16th street mall.

• Stayed September 2009, traveled as a couple
Fremont, California
Reviewed September 2, 2009

This hotel is one block from the Convention Center and offers very nice room with very comfortable bed. The room also has a small refrigerator and a microwave. As usual for HGI, its business center is great. The only drawback is the constant rumbling noise from the central air. Even if I turned off my own AC, I could still hear that noise. This was not a problem until I was trying to go to sleep. After they switched me from 11th to 9th, the noise level was lower but it's still there.

• Stayed August 2009, traveled on business
Aurora, Colorado
Reviewed July 14, 2009

The Hilton family of hotels made me proud again. Not only was the room great (clean, confortable), the beds sleep-inducing (though I was skeptical of the whole "dial-a-stiffness" thing), the sheets fantastic, etc., but the location and the price were truly unbeatable. Merely two blocks from 16th Street, you won't find a hotel of this quality at such a price anywhere else. (I"ve stayed at the Best Western for a similar price, but their rooms were half the size and poorly maintained).

• Stayed July 2009, traveled as a couple
Steamboat Springs, CO
Reviewed March 25, 2009

This was a wonderful hotel. Clean, new, bright, with excellent location. Valet parking staff great; parking was secure (made us feel comfortable to leave our bikes in the truck). Rooms were modern, warm, comfortable; bar, microwave, refrigerator; HDTV (awesome); large closet; high speed internet. And the beds!!!! The beds were wonderfully comfortable. Clean, fresh linens; everything was so inviting and warm. The front desk staff was friendly and welcoming. And the ancillary staff (the guy sprucing up the lobby, coffee area, etc)....was always friendly, said hello and good morning. Lobby coffee (complimentary) was wonderful. The afternoon cookies were a nice surprise. Excellent location across from Convention Center. Excellent value for the price. Lobby very chic, clean, and tasteful.

• Stayed March 2009, traveled on business
sacramento, ca
Reviewed March 24, 2009

This hotel was excellent, and my favorite part was of course the beds. You can adjust the mattress firmness and you have a plethora of feather pillows. The hotel also offers free wireless internet and flat screen LCD TVs. Very quiet rooms. Wonderful stay!

• Stayed February 2009, traveled on business
Tennessee
Reviewed February 23, 2009

We arrived on New Year's Eve and were given a room on the 12th floor. The front desk gave us two free bottles of water and a pack of Oreo cookies. We then went up to the room and after setting our bags down noticed an opened box of Oreo's on the table and two bottles of water in the fridge. Thinking this was a bit strange, I called down to the desk to make sure that this was indeed our room. I was assured that it was and they offered to come clean up the Oreo's which I declined. About two minutes later, as we were unpacking the door swings open and another couple walks in. Shocked to see us, they explained that this was their room and that had checked in earlier in the day and were just now bringing their bags up. In fact, the gentleman, had hidden his friend's engagement ring in a drawer by the TV. Turns out he was holding it for his friend until that evening when he would propose to his girlfriend. As a result, I called back down to the front desk and told them what happened. The person I spoke with was not the same one who had answered five minutes prior and she was not very friendly. She said that she had us booked for a room on the 8th floor and acted as if I was stupid for asking. As if to say, "duh, you're supposed to be on the 8th floor". Safe to say, I was getting very ticked off at this point. I requested that they send up a bellhop to help us with our bags, which they did. The bellman escorted us to the new room on th 8th floor. When we got to the new room, I put the key in and opened the door to find a woman sitting on the bed watching TV. I immediately closed the door and we headed straight for the front desk.

Once we got back down to the front desk, no one seemed to want to help us until I finally cut in front of someone in line and demanded assistance. The first girl said, "well, what do you want me to do?" You would think that she would have offered some way to make this situtaion right. Thankfully, a manager of some sort stepped up at that point and offered to help. I told him the sequence of events and then he says, "sir, what would you like me to do?". So, I said that I wanted the nicest room he had and to be comp'd the night's stay. He complied and we were placed in a corner suite. He later brought up a bottle of wine and two glasses and an appology note. That was much appreciated, although the wine was cheap and spoiled. We couldn't drink it.

The hotel itself was actually pretty nice, especially for a Hilton Garden Inn, but it is fairly new. The restaurant and bar were nice and had a good selection of beers and wines. The parking situation is valet, which was fine. Altough getting in and out of the entrance area was tight and frustrating at high traffic times.

The location was good. Right across from the convention center and a short walk to 16th Street, although most of the restaurants/bars are several blocks west.

I would not stay here again du to the service issues. In fact, the only reason we did stay there was because I'm a HiltonHonors member and had a free night. Next time, I would stay across the street at the Hyatt or somewhwere closer to the restaurants on 16th.

• Stayed January 2009, traveled as a couple