“Can't go wrong”

Hilton Garden Inn Denver Downtown
Ranked #26 of 158 Hotels in Denver
Reviewed February 16, 2009

If there was a hotel like this in every city, I would travel more!

I stayed at the Hilton Garden Inn for a conference. The location was great-- right around the corner from the convention center.

I'm a light sleeper, so upon checking in, I asked the concierge (Paola) if she could put me in a quiet room. She put me in a room in a corner on the twelfth floor, far away from the elevator and the ice machine. It was so quiet, I slept like a baby.

The room was clean, had a new HDTV and new furniture. I even had a view of the Rockies!

I ordered room service every night. It was fast and delicious.

The gym was clean and had better equipment than my gym at home. Most of the time, I was the only person using it.

I have nothing bad to say about this place. It was a pleasure staying here.

• Stayed: January 2009, traveled on business
There are newer reviews for Hilton Garden Inn Denver Downtown

Reviewed January 4, 2009

I booked two rooms at the Hilton Garden Inn for an overnight stay. From the initial booking through checkout, customer service was fabulous, and for $52.80 per room! We were allowed to check in early so, even though valet parking was $25, we only had to pay to park once downtown. The rooms are large, tastefully decorated and spotless. Our king rooms had a bed, sofa, large desk and ergonomic chair as well as dresser, nightstands, flat-screen HD TV, fridge, microwave and coffeemaker. However, there was still room to walk around. The bathroom is spacious, with plenty of thick towels. Bath products are Neutrogena brand. The location is walking distance to the Colorado Convention Center, the Performing Arts Center, 16th Street Mall, and plenty of shops and restaurants. We had a nice lunch at "Pi", the restaurant in the hotel, where we also received excellent service. I would stay here again, but not for more than $100/night.

• Stayed: January 2009
Reviewed December 27, 2008

I haven't stayed at a lot of Hiltons, but I'm sold! I got a pretty good room at this Hilton for a decent rate. The hotel is beautiful and everything is run in a professional manner. (My only complaint was the size of the gym - I expected more given the wow-factor of the hotel, but it was just the usual fare.) I don't think I've yet given a five-star rating that was so richly deserved.

• Stayed: November 2008, traveled on business
Reviewed December 4, 2008

**My Standard Disclaimer: I am not a snob who demands everything be five-star all of the time. I am not a cheapskate who refuses to pay for anything decent and then complains about the quality of the service and facilities. I am an ordinary person who only asks that my room is clean and the service and amenities offered by the hotel are consistent with the cost. I write my impressions of my stay and the value of it.**

I had a very pleasant stay at the HGI Denver. As soon as I stepped out of my cab, a staff member handed me a bottle of cold water. I was late for a business meeting when I checked in, and the staff behind the front desk was very sympathetic and did everything they could to check me in quickly. They gave me a free coupon for a drink at the bar.

My room was very nice and while the immediate view was dull, I could still see the mountains beyond the city from my window. It was my first visit to Denver and it was breathtaking. It was large, clean, and well-maintained.

I had a decent dinner in the hotel restaurant my first night and the staff was wonderful. They were so nice and they were very quick and efficient.

The gym and pool were not so great. The gym had lots of equipment, but the space was small. People were exercising on top of each other and it didn't always feel safe. The pool was tiny and the pool area was a bit dark and dingy.

The only other problem I had was at breakfast the next morning. This is where the great service went downhill a bit. I ordered waffles which were supposed to come with a side of ham, bacon, or sausage. They seemed to lose or forget my order because after waiting a long time for it, they came back and asked me again what I ordered. This was a big change from dinner the night before. The waffles came without the sausage and when I asked for it, I was charged the extra money as a side dish.

At checkout the staff was once again waiting on me well. They flagged down a town car for me and I had a nice ride back to the airport.

I would definitely stay here again if I ever have business in Denver again.

• Stayed: August 2008, traveled on business
Reviewed November 28, 2008

I'd stayed at a lot of Garden Inns in the past, but this one was top-notch. Quick & easy check-in followed by a quick elevator ride.

Free breafast (HHonors VIP) was "any item on the menu"....I selected eggs benefit. Quick service. Espesso in the lobby.

$25 Parking...got to have it when you downtown.

Didn't have time to get out at night, but I hear that the action was very close.

• Stayed: November 2008, traveled on business
Reviewed July 16, 2008

I stayed at Hilton Garden Inn Downtown Denver for one night on my way to the Rocky Mountains National Park. Everyone from the valet parking staff to the janitors was really friendly and accommodating. I was allowed an early check-in, which was nice after a 10-hour flight.

The room was clean and still pretty much in a new condition. The bathroom was spotless. Not much of a view (my room was overlooking the Hyatt parking carage), but I wasn't there for the view anyway.

The working desk was good-sized and the ergonomic chair was just great. I tend to do lots of post-processing for photos in hotels, and I really hate it when they give you tiny desks with terrible chairs. None of those problems here. I also liked the room equipment: HD flat-screen TV and iPod-ready alarm clock.

In-room safe would be a nice addition, though. I didn't feel comfortable leaving my laptops etc. to the room when popping out for a moment, but didn't feel like going through the hassle to check the stuff to the front desk safe, as I was going to be out only for about 30 minutes or so.

Having to use the valet parking ($25 + tip) is a bit irritating, but I guess that's what you have to do in downtown locations.

If I need a place to stay in downtown Denver again, I'll most likely return here.

• Stayed: July 2008, traveled on business
3  Thank THO_Finland
Reviewed July 6, 2008

We just stayed at the Hilton Garden Inn downtown for an overnight stay after a wedding. The service far exceeded what I have received at other HGIs across the states. I had a voucher to use for one free night due to a mishap at a previous HGI. I called at 5pm on the night I needed the room and had no trouble getting one. Upon arrival, I told the valet I was a Diamond Member and showed him my card and was told I did not have to pay the $25 valet fee. I don't know if this was just my luck or if this is in fact the hotel policy to do so. Either way, I was happy!

We were given free breakfast coupons when we checked in and told that breakfast was served until 12 noon. When we arrived at 11:30 the next morning we were told breakfast had ended at 11. They were quick to accept our free breakfast coupons for anything off the lunch menu so we dined on complimentary lunch instead. The rooms and the hotel were exceptionally clean. The neighborhood is fine, we walked about 4 blocks to the Denver Diner at 2am for a late night snack and didn't encounter anyone on the way there or back. As for distance to 16th street, 2 blocks up and catch the free bus ride to wherever you want to go on the mall.

Overall, great one night experience at the Hilton Garden Inn Downtown, I would highly recommend staying there.

• Stayed: July 2008, traveled as a couple