“Top Notch Garden Inn”

Hilton Garden Inn Denver Downtown
Ranked #25 of 159 Hotels in Denver
Reviewed November 28, 2008

I'd stayed at a lot of Garden Inns in the past, but this one was top-notch. Quick & easy check-in followed by a quick elevator ride.

Free breafast (HHonors VIP) was "any item on the menu"....I selected eggs benefit. Quick service. Espesso in the lobby.

$25 Parking...got to have it when you downtown.

Didn't have time to get out at night, but I hear that the action was very close.

• Stayed: November 2008, traveled on business

Reviewed July 16, 2008

I stayed at Hilton Garden Inn Downtown Denver for one night on my way to the Rocky Mountains National Park. Everyone from the valet parking staff to the janitors was really friendly and accommodating. I was allowed an early check-in, which was nice after a 10-hour flight.

The room was clean and still pretty much in a new condition. The bathroom was spotless. Not much of a view (my room was overlooking the Hyatt parking carage), but I wasn't there for the view anyway.

The working desk was good-sized and the ergonomic chair was just great. I tend to do lots of post-processing for photos in hotels, and I really hate it when they give you tiny desks with terrible chairs. None of those problems here. I also liked the room equipment: HD flat-screen TV and iPod-ready alarm clock.

In-room safe would be a nice addition, though. I didn't feel comfortable leaving my laptops etc. to the room when popping out for a moment, but didn't feel like going through the hassle to check the stuff to the front desk safe, as I was going to be out only for about 30 minutes or so.

Having to use the valet parking ($25 + tip) is a bit irritating, but I guess that's what you have to do in downtown locations.

If I need a place to stay in downtown Denver again, I'll most likely return here.

• Stayed: July 2008, traveled on business
3  Thank THO_Finland
Reviewed July 6, 2008

We just stayed at the Hilton Garden Inn downtown for an overnight stay after a wedding. The service far exceeded what I have received at other HGIs across the states. I had a voucher to use for one free night due to a mishap at a previous HGI. I called at 5pm on the night I needed the room and had no trouble getting one. Upon arrival, I told the valet I was a Diamond Member and showed him my card and was told I did not have to pay the $25 valet fee. I don't know if this was just my luck or if this is in fact the hotel policy to do so. Either way, I was happy!

We were given free breakfast coupons when we checked in and told that breakfast was served until 12 noon. When we arrived at 11:30 the next morning we were told breakfast had ended at 11. They were quick to accept our free breakfast coupons for anything off the lunch menu so we dined on complimentary lunch instead. The rooms and the hotel were exceptionally clean. The neighborhood is fine, we walked about 4 blocks to the Denver Diner at 2am for a late night snack and didn't encounter anyone on the way there or back. As for distance to 16th street, 2 blocks up and catch the free bus ride to wherever you want to go on the mall.

Overall, great one night experience at the Hilton Garden Inn Downtown, I would highly recommend staying there.

• Stayed: July 2008, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Fredeez
Reviewed June 18, 2008

What a great hotel! My wife and I stayed there for three nights June 13 - June 16. We were in a room on the 8th floor overlooking the Convention Center.

I personally rate hotels on four categories: 1) location: this one had a great, downtown location close to the 16th street mall.; 2) overall cleanliness: fabulous and clean; 3) cleanliness of the bathroom: fabulous! it looked like it had just been re-finished with nice, new tile and fixtures; and 4) comfort of the bed: again, fabulous. It has comfortable pillows and one of those pillow-to mattresses that is comfy but firm.

I'd definitely stay at this hotel again.

• Stayed: June 2008, traveled as a couple
Reviewed June 17, 2008

This is a new hotel located between the convention center and the downtown 16th street pedestrian promenade in downtown Denver.

it is the definition of a perfect place to stay for business travelers who are working.

The property is new, modern, and very attractive. The rooms are nice and have well designed and constructed desks and chairs with good lighting, free internet, and capacity to print documents from your room to the business center.

The rooms also have small microwaves and refrigerators that are clean and modern. There is a small pantry in the lobby where you can purchase a limited selection of food and beverages after hours. There is a cafe off the lobby, as well as an adjacent restaurant that serves very good and fresh food. The free breakfast includes anything on the menu and is great.

The staff is also very helpful.

• Stayed: June 2008, traveled on business
Reviewed May 3, 2008

Nice hotel, but my vehicle was damaged in the parking garage. I've been working with the valet service for six weeks trying to get it resolved. The hotel hasn't been any help at all.

• Stayed: March 2008, traveled on business
Reviewed March 26, 2008

Nice large rooms with flat screen televisions. Good work space on desks with both wired and wireless internet access. Workout area has new equipment, mostly cardio.

Service for breakfast was slow and inattentive.

• Stayed: March 2008, traveled on business