“Meh - Ok...not great...”

Hilton Garden Inn Denver Downtown
Ranked #24 of 157 Hotels in Denver
Alexandria, Virginia, United States
“Meh - Ok...not great...”
Reviewed February 23, 2014

It was OK overall. A few good things a few bad.

The location is great.
They let me check in several hours early which was much needed from being up at 3am for my flight and only have 4 hours of sleep.
The bar was great. Happy hour was great. The food was great (this I was actually surprised, happy hour and my dinner were fantastic).
It was nice to have a fridge and microwave in the room. I used both.

The bed was AWFUL!!!! Huge dip in it. I had to sleep on top of 4 pillows lined up so my back and hips wouldn't ache really badly.

My room was never cleaned the next day. Someone finally showed up after 4:00pm once I had already called and told them 1) it wasn't clean and 2) not to bother since I was going to be in for a nap. 4:00 to clean a room? Not cool.

The pool and spa were WAY over chlorinated. I had to leave after 20 minutes because it was burning my eyes and my head never even went in the water.

Everyone was nice, except I was told the valet would grab a cab for me but he couldn't be bothered, made me walk to the cab stand down to block. Not a huge deal but I was off to a very important meeting.

Overall...it was just OK. The bed was the only HUGE issue. I should have asked to move rooms but I have a feeling all the beds are like that with the "pillow top".

• Stayed February 2014, traveled on business
Brian C, Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Denver Downtown, responded to this review, March 10, 2014
Katy,
Thank you for your recent stay with us. I apologize this stay did not meet your expectations and I will personally look in to the items you mentioned so that our next guests do not have the same issues that you experienced during your stay. We aim to be the best hotel in Denver so I hope you will give us another opportunity the next time you are in the area!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (130)
  • Korean first
Columbus, United States
Reviewed February 22, 2014

Had a 3 night stay at the Denver downtown Hilton Garden Inn. Nice hotel, good location, well run. Short walk to downtown restaurant, Larimor Street, & 16th. I would recommend this hotel because it is a very good value.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn

Thank you for your recent stay with us as well as your great review. I am glad you enjoyed the hotel and we look forward to welcoming you back soon!
Clearwater, Florida
Reviewed February 22, 2014

WHAT A GREAT EXPERIENCE! I will definitely stay here when I return to Denver! Great location, great staff and great food in the restaurant downstairs! Highly, highly recommend!!! Withing walking distance of convention center and downtown.

Salida
Reviewed February 17, 2014

We have stayed here many times, when we want to be downtown. The location is perfect, the staff always kind, courteous and service oriented. The beds are very comfortable. The only challenge on this trip was the WiFi it was much slower than what we have been used to.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
Thank you for your most recent stay. We appreciate your comments and will certainly look into the speed of the WiFi to ensure we avoid this issue moving forward. Thanks again and we look forward to having you during your next visit to Denver.
Denver, Colorado
Reviewed February 13, 2014

We stayed a Saturday night. While we live in the Denver area, we just wanted to get away from home and have to do nothing. As soon as we pulled up the Valet opened our doors, took our car and our bags were put on a dolley sort of thing and taken up to our room. The room was on the 12th floor. Since this was a special occasion for us, we asked if our room could be upgraded for a charge, the front desk person gave us an upgrade for free and we were very grateful for that. The staff was attentive, the view from the room was spectacular and we came and left a couple of times and we were greeted with eye contact and a smile each and every time we came in. An amazing hotel at a fair price. The rooms were immaculate and everything was so nice and clean. The beds were comfortable and the pillows were awesome.

Room Tip: Ask for the top floor. The views are awesome, even for those of us who live in Denver
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled with family
David,
Thank you for your feedback in regards to your recent stay. We are happy you enjoyed your stay and we look forward to your next visit.
Monument, Colorado
Reviewed February 11, 2014

I stayed here for a choir event involving 350 middle schoolers. I was impressed by how polite and gracious the staff was, and my room was very comfortable. The only problem was that the heating was broken so the room was quite cold, and unfortunately the problem wasn't fixed until after I went to bed. Also, the prices for parking are outrageous. Other than those things, it was a very nice hotel!

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn

Thank you for most recent stay and also for sharing your comments. I do apologize in regards to the heat issue. We have fixed the issue and do hope you give another try if your plans lead you to Denver.
Lyndonville, United States
Reviewed February 11, 2014

The hotel is very convenient to the Denver Convention Center and downtown amenities. The room was clean upon arrival and the check-in process was seamless. The food was very good and bar staff are very nice. Be careful when the front desk suggests you use a town car vs a taxi, especially when time is critical.

Kevin,
Thank you for your recent stay with us as well as your great review. I will be sure to pass along your comments to our staff. Thanks again and we look forward to your next stay.