“Convenient Location! Good Stay”

Hilton Garden Inn Denver Downtown
Ranked #26 of 158 Hotels in Denver
Reviewed August 2, 2013

I am from overseas, so it is hard to communicate with hotels. I had called about a month earlier calling around to many hotels. Most hotels were sold out, but when I called the Hilton and spoke to Natasha, she was able to get our group in, not the best rate, but she was very accomodating. She included breakfast and made it very easy for our arrival to the US including a professional pickup ride from airport to the hotel.
Covenient location, central downtown, we had a convention at the Sheraton and everything is within walking distance.
The hilton was not my first choice, but I am glad I stayed here, Natasha and all the staff were very helpful.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled on business
DSBelden, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Denver Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded August 20, 2013

Thank you for your recent stay! I am very happy to hear that my front desk was able to accommodate your group and that you enjoyed your time here in the US. We hope to see you back soon!

There are newer reviews for Hilton Garden Inn Denver Downtown

Reviewed July 31, 2013

I was very pleased with my stay here. Very close to convention center where conference was as well as walking distance to 16th Mall. Room was room, clean, and had a fridge which was helpful for my 6 day stay.

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn

Thank you for staying with us while you were on business in Denver. We aim to be the best business hotel in Denver and I'm glad we were able to show you this hospitality during your stay!

Reviewed July 29, 2013

I traveled to Denver with my 13 year old daughter and was unsure about the area before traveling. We were very pleased and completely enjoyed our stay at the Hilton Garden Inn. We asked for a mountain view and they accommodated us. The room was clean and quiet. All staff we encountered were extremely helpful and the service was on par with more expensive hotels. The front desk was always pleasant and the valets went above and beyond each day to make sure we had driving directions when leaving by car. It was a quick drive to the Zoo, the Aquarium, museums, and City Park. The Hotel is only 2 blocks from 16th Street and the area is well lit and highly traveled, even at night. Sixteenth street has a lot of shopping, a mall, and restaurants including fast food and casual patio dining. You can take the free 16th street bus down about 6 blocks to Larimer Square. There were a lot of homeless on 16th street, but we never felt threatened. If I were returning to Denver, I would definitely stay here again.

Room Tip: Ask for a mountain view. It was very nice.
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family

Thank you for your recent stay as well as your great review. We hope to welcome you and your family back soon!

Reviewed July 29, 2013

I was in town for two nights for a conference at the Hyatt hotel across the street, but decided to stay at the Hilton because I am a HH Diamond member. It was a very convenient location, close to the convention centre, 16th Street Mall, and the Light Rail station. In general, I had a pretty good stay.

The only thing I didn't like was the bed. It was suppose to be a special King bed that allowed me to adjust the firmness level with a dial on the side of the mattress. Even the "firm" setting was way too soft for me. I felt like I sank into the bed (and I weight less than 115lbs). A groove formed where I was sleeping and throughout the night I had to keep shifting over because I felt like I had sunk in and there was no support for my neck and shoulders. I woke up both days with a very sore neck. This was the only reason I gave it a rating of 3.

Overall, there was great service from check-in to a complimentary late check-out. It was very modern and generally clean. There was 1 towel that was dirty that I did not use. Unfortunately, this seems to be normal at hotels. (I check for stains on towels at all hotels I stay at and am surprised if every single towel is perfectly clean.)

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled on business
Louis B, Asst. General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Denver Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded August 2, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. I apologize that you found the bed uncomfortable and for the issue with the towel. I am pleased to hear that you experienced some great service from our staff. Thank you very much for the feedback, and we hope to see you again the next time your travels bring you to Denver!

Reviewed July 29, 2013

Near the Convention Center, though we were there to see the Rockies, and that was an easy walk to the 16th Street Mall, and then the free bus to near Coors Field. Teh people were very friendly, including especially the Pi breakfast staff, who made up for a slight delay in breakfast to give us enough drink coupons at the (nice) bar to get the state drunk!.

The room itself was clean and well-appointed, and my Apple TV worked easily after calling the helful Hilton IT support.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with friends
DSBelden, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Denver Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded August 5, 2013

Thank you for staying with us as well as the great review! We hope to see you back soon!

Reviewed July 26, 2013

Great location near convention center. Stayed 4years ago same hotel. View from mountain side windows are great. They have "upgraded" beds for guests to adjust firmness. Too bad you can't have both sides of bed equal firmness. Very uncomfortable to roll over into the "softer" slope. Staff friendly and helpful. PI restaurant is terrible. Go to 16th street and beyond for food.

Stayed: July 2013, traveled on business

Thank you for the feedback regarding your recent stay! Most of our guests find the adjustable beds very comfortable and I apologize this was not the case for you. We will make sure to investigate this particular room to make sure there is not an issue with that specific unit. We hope to see you back soon!

Reviewed July 26, 2013

I recommend this hotel for anyone who is looking to stay near the Convention Center. I had a great room, with a mountain view. Everything was clean and the shower water pressure, which is usually an issue, was awesome. I ordered room service several times and the staff, as well as the food, were both great. I will stay at this hotel again if I need to stay downtown, especially near the Convention Center/Bellco Theater.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled solo
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn

Thank you for your stay with us as well as the feedback!