“Comic Con 2013” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #24 of 151 Hotels in Denver
Thornton, United States
“Comic Con 2013”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 10, 2013

This hotel was located across the street from the Colorado Convention Center. Definitely a plus. It was a great experience. The hotel was clean, the staff was very helpful. The restraunt/lounge had decent prices and was very clean. We unfortunately didnt have time to use the fitness center or pool, but otherwise the hotel was great. Can't wait to do it again next year!

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn

DSBelden, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Denver Downtown, responded to this review, July 1, 2013
Thank you for the great review. We are glad you enjoyed your stay and we will see you next year for Comic Con 2014!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (115)
  • Korean first
Terre Haute
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 9, 2013

I had a nice experience in my room at the Hilton Garden Inn. They allowed me to drop off my luggage and check in, and then return my rental car to the airport. (I had drive to Rocky Mountain before my convention and no longer needed the car). The room was clean and spacious. My room overlooked the convention center and I was within walking distance of the convention center. My room had a microwave and refrigerator which allowed me to economize on meals. Internet service was fine and I had plenty of outlets. The pool and hot tub were barely being used as well as the fitness center.
The hotel had recommended a shuttle service to the airport called supershuttle, which I booked a day in advance for 3:25 pm. On my departure day, I left my convention early and waited in the hotel lobby with my luggage. About 15 minutes prior to pickup I moved to outside the hotel so I could see the shuttle. Three different vans drove by me and refused to stop to pick me up. In the meantime, taxi drivers were fighting over fares. After the third shuttle, I had the front desk contact the shuttle service who claimed I was a no show and wanted to rebook me on the 4:55 shuttle. As I needed to be at the airport by 5 and had allotted extra time, i declined their offer to rebook and made sure they were aware that I would note their poor service on tripadvisor. The hotel front desk manager tried to line up a taxi for me. Unforetunately, we ran into two aggressive taxi drivers who each took a piece of my luggage in opposite directions. This made me very nervous and I insisted my luggage be returned to me. The Valet manager was able to find me a ride with a different shuttle service to the airport. I was very pleased with this resolution.
While hotel can not be held responsible for the poor service on the part of the Supershuttle or the taxi drivers this did impact my stay and my overall feeling of Denver. It had been a pretty good trip up until that point. I think the hotel did a fine job of helping and solving my problems and I thank them for their help.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
    • 4 of 5 stars
We appreciate your recent stay with us as well as the feedback regarding our local taxi drivers. I apologize for this specific incident and we will continue to do everything we can to keep the drivers in line with our valet team here at the hotel. I hope we have the chance to welcome you back soon!
Windsor, CO
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 5, 2013

This hotel has to have the nicest people working for it in all of Denver. They will bend over backwards to make your trip happy and comfortable. I have stayed here several times and each time I am made to feel welcome. They are never too busy to answer a question or get you more of something (always towels!). My only complaints are that the walls are a little thin (got to hear my next door neighbor sing in the shower) and the housekeeping staff is not as detail oriented as I would like (the coffee/coffee creamer is never refilled right).

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn

Thank you for your recent stay with us as well as your great comments about the staff! I will make sure to pass on your kind words as well as your comments regarding the in-room coffee to my team so we can make your next stay even better!
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 2, 2013

Great location - very convenient to 16th street mall, lots of shopping, restaurants etc... We had a junior suite on the corner so double windows with a great view. Nice room very clean. Staff was very friendly and helpful. Parking isn't free but the valet staff were also great and helpful with directions. I am a Hilton honors gold member so we also enjoyed the free breakfast and Internet. Would stay again!

Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
DSBelden, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Denver Downtown, responded to this review, June 3, 2013
Thank you for your stay with us as well as your continued loyalty with Hilton! I hope to see you back soon!
Denver, United States
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 1, 2013

During the course of a 5 night stay, 2 different times a hotel staff member attempted to enter our room. Both times, the "Do Not Disturb" sign was hanging on the door. They did not knock on the door either. Both times I happened to be sitting in the room, when I heard a key inserted into the door, and it attempt to be opened, but both times I had the safety latch over the door blocking their entry. The first time was some sort of hotel staff person. After he obviously could not get in, he then knocked. When I came to the door, he said something to the effect of he did not know someone was in the room, and walked away. The second time was a cleaning lady. Again, no knock, completely ignored the "Do Not Disturb" sign, and attempted entry. This was at 11:05am. Same thing happened - she only knocked when she could not get in the room. I answered the door again, and she very rudely said "aren't you supposed to have checked out?" 1) Check out time is 12pm. It was 11am. 2) I had already extended my originally booked stay with the front desk at the time of check in, 3 days prior. The hotel itself was fine, but these attempted unannounced intrusions are completely unacceptable and ridiculous. There is no telling how secure my room was when I was not there.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 stars
    • 3 of 5 stars
    • 2 of 5 stars

3 Thank Jon G
DSBelden, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Denver Downtown, responded to this review, June 4, 2013
Thank you for your stay with us this week as well as the detailed feedback. We strive to exceed every guest’s expectations and I can see this is clearly not the case with your experience here at the hotel. We have used your experience for a training tool for our staff so each and every entry to our guest rooms is clearly announced and our “Do Not Disturb” signs are being honored. Please accept my apology for the intrusion and I ask that you reach out to me directly the next time your travel brings you to Denver!
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 30, 2013

Great, helpful staff, clean, well-maintained and quiet rooms with outstanding location to Convention Center and downtown restaurants. Excellent fitness center and pool and beautiful view of the mountains - another reason I choose Hilton hotels. Absolutely no problems.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn

I appreciate your feedback as well as your recent stay. We hope to welcome you back soon!
Washington
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 29, 2013

Close to 16th St. Clean, friendly, easy. It was convenient for us and we had a lot of fun. The hotel was a good catalyst. I would stay there again. My wife thought the view of the mountains was interesting.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn

We are so glad you enjoyed your stay with us. Come back and see us again when your travles bring you to Denver!