“Great stay, perfect location”

Hilton Garden Inn Denver Downtown
Ranked #25 of 157 Hotels in Denver
Arizona
“Great stay, perfect location”
Reviewed May 22, 2013

My husband and I were in town for the Zac Brown Band concert at the Red Rocks and decided to make the HGI our homebase for the weekend. The hotel is in a great location, just a few blocks from the 16th Street Mall, where you can find any and every kind of restaurant and bar.

The service at the hotel was phenomenal. The valet were professional and prompt, always remembering our names and asking if we'd like a bottle of water on our way out. My husband left his phone in the car one time and we called down to get it. They gave it to the front desk to hold. When we went down a few minutes later to retrieve it, the front desk receptionist asked to see his ID before handing the phone over, and I thought that was great. I'm glad to know they double-check these things before just handing something like that over to someone.

On our second night, the mattress was a bit wompy and starting to sag so we asked to switch rooms. Not only did they give us an upgrade to a slightly bigger room but the manager gave us two vouchers for complimentary breakfast at the restaurant downstairs, Pi (which was delicious and had a great variety). Now that's great customer service!

Clean, professional and in a great location means this will be our go-to hotel whenever we visit Denver!

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
DSBelden, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Denver Downtown, responded to this review, June 3, 2013
Thank you for your recent stay with us as well as the great comments about our staff. We hope to see you back soon!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (131)
  • Korean first
Albuquerque, United States
Reviewed May 20, 2013

Ms. Ivy the breakfast cook is a master cook. All the food she makes, especially her scratch biscuits and homemade gravy, makes me feel at home. Arlene delivered spectacular service as well!!! They are the main reason I return to this location. I have stayed at many Hilton hotels, and have had many breakfasts all over the US . No one can compare to the quality food and service that these two ladies provide to their customers. Great Job Ladies!!!

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn

DSBelden, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Denver Downtown, responded to this review, May 21, 2013
Thank you for your stays with us as well as this great review! I had the pleasure of bringing Ivy and Arlene in front of my entire management team to share your comments with them this morning. Come back and see us soon!
Idaho Falls, Idaho
Reviewed May 19, 2013

Just stayed in Denver for the Rockies/Yankees series. Have stayed in Denver many times (at least twice yearly), and I would rate this hotel as just average. The location is GREAT-just off the 16th Street Mall so within walking distance of the ball park, the shuttle and fabulous eating. At $230+/night though, this is expected of a hotel in downtown Denver. We paid extra for a room upgrade to a "higher floor/corner room." This was nice. We did have more space and the room was quiet. the trade off was that the maid service apparently does not have time to reach the 10th floor by 3:00 in the afternoon when we returned to our room to get ready for the game. They showed up at 4:30, handed us some towels and that was the extent of the housekeeping for our entire stay. The cost for valet parking (which is your only option) is 31.00/night. We were told at check in that our vehicle was available any time for any reason, but the one time we needed an item from the car, (we left it parked and walked the majority of our visit), we were treated like it was an inconvenience. I never saw the "hot cookies in the afternoon," and was never greeted with "welcome back or welcome home," although I have been a Hilton Honors Member for years. I found the staff at this Hilton to be snobbish and condescending. The public areas of the hotel are very clean and the pool area is nice. so, while the convenience of the location of the hotel is a plus, it is not enough to offset the minuses and we will not stay here again.

Room Tip: Don't pay extra for the room upgrade. We did and the trade off for a higher floor was no maid se...
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
I appreciate your recent stay with us as well as all of your feedback. Our staff usually receives the highest praise so I apologize you did not experience this with your stay. I will use your comments to speak with the team members in question and make sure we can use your experience as a training tool. If your travels bring you back to the area please contact me directly to set up your next reservation!
Southlake, TX
Reviewed May 16, 2013

Just stayed here for a long weekend visiting Denver. This hotel was very clean. The staff was always helpful and courteous. The location is right downtown and a short walk to 16th Street, the pedestrian mall. Parking is expensive. Must valet your car at $31 per day. Of course, I always felt an obligation to tip the valet for retrieving my car so that adds additional cost. Unfortunately, parking is a problem in Denver so it leaves little choice other than using the hotel valet service. Overall, enjoyed our stay and would stay here again. I recommend this hotel.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
I appreciate your recent stay with us as well as your wonderful comments about the staff. We hope to welcome you back soon!
Maastricht, The Netherlands
Reviewed May 16, 2013

The hotel's location is very convenient. Very close to the Convention Center and also to the Mall Street. And the hotel's staff is great. The bar and restaurant are very good. The quality of the food was surprisingly good!

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn

I appreciate your stay with us as well as the great comments. The team here is very proud of each TripAdvisor response they receive and I will make sure to share yours with them as well. I hope to welcome you back to the hotel the next time your travel brings you to Denver!
Pittsford, New York
Reviewed May 14, 2013

Our stay at the Hilton Garden Inn Downtown Denver was Fantastic, The rooms were Clean and Quiet. The House Keeping Staff were courteous and attentive. The Hotel Staff were friendly and always took the time to greet you. The Valet Staff were courteous as well. It was nice to hear "Welcome Back or Welcome Home" when we returned our car in the evening, Free Hot coffee and tea in the morning was appreciated as well as the hot cookies in the afternoon. Very Nice restaurant on premises. The staff very willing to recommend other dining for Lunch or Dinner if requested. I will stay here again and would definitely recommend.

1 Thank patute
I appreciate your kind words about the staff as well as your great review of the property. We try to treat each and every guest like family and I'm glad this came across during your stay. I hope to welcome you back to the Hilton Garden Inn the next time your travel brings you to Denver!
Albuquerque, New Mexico, United States
Reviewed May 14, 2013

The Hilton Garden Inn was a perfect location for my last business conference at the Denver Convention center. There were many hotels to choose from, however, I found the comfort, cleanliness, and convenience to the convention center great! Having a refrigerator, microwave and safe in the room, plus the on site restaurant, jacuzzi, gym and pool were exactly what we needed to enjoy our stay. It was walking distance to all the St. Patrick's Day festivities downtown. The service was fantastic and the valet quick. Great choice!

• Stayed March 2013
We appreciate your recent stay with us as well as the great review! I hope to see you back at the hotel when your travel brings you to Denver in the future!