“Saturday night 11/10/12”

Ranked #21 of 156 Hotels in Denver
pueblo
“Saturday night 11/10/12”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 15, 2012

We contacted them directly because we were only about three weeks away and wanted adjoining rooms. They were very nice, and up front that they probably could only get rooms close to each other and would that be alright. I said "yes".

When we got there it was snowing and the valet service (they don't have park yourself options) was really friendly and not arrogant, and answered questions really easily about how the service worked.

The front desk was friendly as well. We got rooms next to each other.

The only down side was that the nice big hot tub by the good pool was really pretty cold, almost tepid. After a long day we had been looking forward to a good hot relaxing spa.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
Louis B, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Denver Downtown, responded to this review, December 5, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. I'm pleased to hear that our valet and front desk staff were so accommodating while you were here. Sorry to hear that the hot tub was not as warm as you would have liked it. We will be sure to take a look into this so that the next time you are here you can enjoy it. We look forward to your nest trip to Denver.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (127)
  • Korean first
Oak Ridge, Tennessee, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 15, 2012

We were attending the 2012 Sweet Adelines International Competition and this hotel was one of several contracted with in Denver, November 2012. Our arrival, check in, Wi Fi, room cleanliness and maid service was excellent. The features that stood out above similar hotels was room size, helpful staff, Valet automotive services and nearness to a variety of nearby restaurants. Other hotels in the area were larger and had more grand public areas, however seemed less personal and more crowded. The 16th Street mall is two blocks away and numerous dining possibilities were available. The mini store just off their lobby was adequate for emergency needs and offered a breakfast hot wrap and bagels in addition to coffee.

Room Tip: We assume lower floors are noisier than upper ones. Our tenth floor room was quiet.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Thank you for your review of our hotel. I am glad that you enjoyed your stay with us for the Sweet Adelines Competitions. What we will remember most about the event was the groups serenading the Front Desk staff in the lobby on their way to the competitions. It was a great experience! Thank you for staying with us, and we look forward to seeing you again soon!
Topeka, Kansas
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 13, 2012

Very pleased with my stay at this downtown hotel. Both the lobby and rooms were clean, decor was modern and not worn out. The staff was friendly and informative. The location is excellent for the convention center AND downtown entertainment access. I really appreciated the free wifi. Housekeeping was thorough and attentive. It's nice that you can adjust the firmness of the beds for each side, that certainly helped our sleep quality.

The only problem with our stay was the AC/heater and the refrigerator in our room ran loudly. There was a loud rattling noise frequently. I did not report this sound to the front desk, so I'm not basing my rating on this. The sound did not seem to bother my husband much, and it didn't keep me awake.

My husband attended a conference at the convention center and I easily explored the 16th Street Mall, Downtown, Lower Downtown and the Museum District without a car. We felt safe walking in the area, and appreciated the free mall bus to get us around faster.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Louis B, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Denver Downtown, responded to this review, November 27, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel! We are pleased that you found our location to be very convenient for the 16th street mall and convention center. It is also nice to hear positive feedback about the friendliness of our staff as well as the hotel amenities. Thank you for all of your feedback and look forward to your next trip to Denver.
Iowa City, Iowa
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 12, 2012 via mobile

Nice clean hotel with very polite staff right across from the convention center. The location is ok--great for the convention center but downtown access is hindered by construction adjacent to the hotel. Lodo is a long walk through downtown denver (which surprised me -- i guess i was expecting a cleaner, friendlier downtown).

Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Thank you for reviewing the hotel. I'm glad that you found our location to the convention center convenient. We look forward to having you back next time you are in downtown Denver!
Columbia, South Carolina
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 12, 2012

Excellent location. Excellent service. Great night's sleep and plenty of amenities. Only draw back was an issue with cable in room, but they were very, very responsive and sent someone right away and gave free movie rental and even maintenance guy brought drinks and popcorn. Great place to stay!!

Room Tip: Stay on higher floors so can see mountains.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel! I am very pleased to hear that you enjoyed the hotel and our staff. Sorry about the issues with the cable, but it sounds like you were more than pleased with our resolution. Thank you for staying with us, and we look forward to your next trip to Denver.
Brooklin, Maine
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 10, 2012

When I first arrived, around 1am, the front desk told me that I had to go to a different hotel because they were overbooked. I dont know why they at least let me know ahead of time. It was 1am and I was tired, but they did pay for my room and cab ride to the other hotel. Natasha was very nice and let me know when a room had become available, I know she was the one that had to do the dirty work, but she was very nice and understanding. I will come to the hotel again because of her hospitality. Overall, the hotel was centrally located with many things within walking distance and all the pi restaurant servers were very accomodating.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Thank you for filling out a survey for our hotel! I am pleased to hear that our staff was able to turn around an inconvenient situation for you. We hope to see you again the next time you are in Denver.
Tacoma, WA
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 6, 2012

This hotel was in a great location - easy walk to 16th Street shopping, restaurants, and other activities. The hotel's conference facilities worked out just fine, front desk and bell staff were friendly, room was spacious - no complaints at all. There is an espresso shop right on the property, although there is at least one Starbucks within easy walking distance (I have my priorities).

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends
Louis B, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Denver Downtown, responded to this review, November 8, 2012
Thank you so much for reviewing our hotel. I am pleased to hear that your accommodations and our amenities met your expectations. We hope to see you again the next time your travels bring you to downtown Denver.