“Much healthier choice.”

Neighborhood: Downtown
St. Catharines, Canada
“Much healthier choice.”
Reviewed July 18, 2014

We went there for lunch as my son was looking for a healthier meal. We got a variety of salads. The beets were too salty, but the carrot cranberry salad was great, as was the chicken fajita salad.We also had a stuffed mushroom which was good. It is a deli style restaurant with a few tables and a microwave to heat up your own food.

• Visited July 2014
1 Thank Greerzo

Denver, Colorado
“COOK'S FRESH MARKET -- Excellent Place for To Go Food”
Reviewed July 10, 2014

COOK'S FRESH MARKET is a great find. Right on 16th Street Mall, Cook's is the place you drop into for a freshly made sandwich or already prepared salad, or salads out of the window case. They also have some sumptious looking sweets (if you've done your cardio already). I have had the fresh turkey sandwich, the roast beef sandwich and the chinese chicken salad. All to go and taken back to my hotel room. This is a very affordable meal and everything is freshly prepared and delicious. There are other items offered throughout the place....some specialty cheeses, some great meat...and beverages. I highly recommend COOK's as a place to grab a meal to go. VERY VERY GOOD FOOD!!!!

• Visited July 2014
Denver, Colorado
“Great if you want it bad enough”
Reviewed January 18, 2014

Really clean. Very nice. The meats are about the best you'll ever find, though you may need to take out a small loan in order to get some. Out of control overpriced, but I guess that works for others. I only buy when I need to.The service there is always great once you get it.

Every single time I go to the meat counter I wait and wait and wait and wait while people walk by and either don't see me or don't want to see me. Every time. Once I get help, it's always genuine and friendly. But I wait every single time. Yesterday I waited for about five minutes and there was a woman cleaning the floor in front of the meat counter and I STILL didn't get help without waiting. It's almost comical at this point.

The vegetables are awful. They're never fresh and they sit there. I realize it's difficult to sell a lot of vegetables fast, but I honestly get better potatoes at Walgreens.

8 bucks is a lot of money for bag of mediocre chopped lettuce.

All of these things being said, I'm glad they're doing well and I like having them downtown. One time I bought a $117 prime rib and I'd have to say I was treated like royalty.

• Visited January 2014
SalesRep S, Manager at Cook's Fresh Market, responded to this review, February 16, 2016
Thank you Joseph for your comments as they are truly appreciated.
Montrose, Colorado
“Great Deli!”
Reviewed August 10, 2013

I stop by here every time I'm in Denver for their excellent soup, sandwiches and cookies, and occasionally dinner to take back to my hotel room. I am also partial to their "Sticks and Stones" trail mix. I discovered this place when I didn't want to buy an overpriced dessert at the Hard Rock Cafe across the street. The food here is much healthier than most restaurants on the 16th Street Mall.

• Visited August 2013
Sarasota, FL
“A "soupcon" of a wide variety of fish”
Reviewed July 31, 2013

When you get the urge for fresh fish to bring home to your apartment, house, etc., stop by Cook's for all your "maritime" needs. I prefer their fish to anything the local markets sell with perhaps the exception of Whole Foods, which tends to be expensive. However, you can never go wrong with the fish selection, price and cordiality employed by the store's employees (as well as advice).

Visited July 2013