PROS: We really loved the spacious apartment. The bed was really comfortable, the kitchen was awesome, the bathroom was decent. Fireplace was nice and the pool was amazing. Gorgeous grounds. So close to everything. Lots of parks around and coffeehouses. Quiet.
CONS: The underground garage was a nightmare and a half. Many cars were oversized where only small cars can fit, this left us without a place to park several times. The management tried to help every time but it did put a damper on our stay.
1. Nice apartment that was perfect for 2 couples.
2. Kitchenette and living spaces were nice but mostly unused by us.
3. Convenient walking distance to Union Station, LoDo, tons of restaurants and shopping (i.e., REI), and other food stops (Little Man Ice Cream).
1. Parking spaces are insanely small. We rented a Ford Explorer and everyone except the driver would get out prior to parking. It was very challenging but I wasn't surprised because the spaces are "city living sized."
2. The self-catered check-in was nice but the directions to finding our apartment was very, very challenging and not intuitive. There is no signage indicating which building is Unit #1 vs. Unit #2. Some more helpful signage or directions would help.
Overall, we had a good stay but -1 star for the issues noted.
We had a very nice unit on the ground level. Smelled new and looked great. Good location. Well equipped (with one glaring exception). But several issues came up:
1. Parking. You are allotted one space in the basement garage. The space is designed for a Fiat. Our neighbors had monstrous SUVs and I literally couldn't get our mid sized sedan in. So I called the 800 number and they found me a different spot. There is no place outside for visitors to park either.
2. No ironing board. Really.
3. Furniture looks great, but is really cheap and flimsy.
4. Bed/pillows a little hard.
5. Can hear every single footstep in unit above and dog barking up the hall.
Would NOT recommend if bringing a car.
This apartment is well laid out and in an expanding trendy neighborhood. The apartment itself is minimally stocked with cleaning or cooking essentials (no food essentials in the refrigerator to cook with). Although this is a two bedroom apartment, there is only 1 FOB to get in to the building so it is essential to keep it in the keybox outside the apartment building. The instructions for how to access the key and apartment location was confusing so look low on the gate for the keyboxes and your apartment building is to the left of the keyboxes so you backtrack your steps (the buildings are not marked outside other than the street location). The apartment is comfortable and the beds sleep very well; it is quiet and you cannot hear any street noise. Since this apartment is not lived in by the owner, there are some routine maintenance issues that should be taken care of that do not negatively impact the apartment -- 2nd bathroom toilet periodically refills (could be the flapper needs to be replaced), dryer heat settings not working, need to label the switch to turn on the AC/heat to the unit (it is located high up on the hall over the thermostat and who knew you had to flip a switch on?), and the towels supplied are of low quality (so bring your own). We were in town for a conference and did not have any time to use the facility amenities (the pool etc close at 9pm) but it looks nice. We did take advantage of its location to visit the restaurants and museums. There is available assigned parking if you need it.
No surprises. Everything worked as stated. The place is close to everything. We enjoyed our stay. Thanks.
Pepsi center, downtown, strip clubs, good food... all within walking distance or pedicab ride!! Perfect.
This little gem was perfect for a weekend girls trip! We absolutely loved our stay at the Little Raven!