“Don't waste your time”

Venice Ristorante Italiano
Reserve with OpenTable
Venice Ristorante Italiano is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #86 of 3,019 Restaurants in Denver
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Bar scene, Business meetings, Romantic, Special occasions, Large groups
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Fine Dining
Neighborhood: Downtown
Cross street: 17th Street
Transit: Union Station bus terminal
Description: Founded in 2003 by Alessandro Carollo Venice Ristorante has brought authentic Italian Cuisine right here to Denver Colorado. Along with his business partner and friend Christian Dellefave they have created a culinary masterpiece that has enticed so many of our guest. We have a beautiful spacious bar and in the center of our dining area we have clear glass wine room that gives our restaurant a unique and artistic feel. We also have two patios and two private dining spaces.
Portland, Maine
“Don't waste your time”
Reviewed February 12, 2013

I wish I could tell you how the food was but after 1 hour in the restaurant all we'd had was some below par bruschetta.
This menu looked so good that while visiting Denver we decided to go for our final dinner. When we showed up for our reservation we were sat and greeted quickly, good start...
We ordered champagne, we were brought red wine.
We did not order bottled water and were brought one sparking and one still ($6 each)
We ordered and appetizer through our server and about 15 mins later he came to the table and asked if we wanted to order and appetizer (already did thanks for not putting it in)
We ordered our dinner (lamb chops and tortellini)
About 45 mins in bruschetta arrives... Horrific! I mean just terrible. We ate one piece and when a server assistant came by he could tell we were finished. Nothing was said. I'm not psychic but after working in this business for 10 years, I KNOW when someone doesn't like the food.
After some deliberation and the serving not being about to pour champagne into a glass without spilling it all over the table we decided it was time to go... It had been an hour and were fed up.
The manager was very nice and offered us shots and desserts, but at this point, we're hungry and just want to leave. Thanks but no.
We were charged for the waters we didn't order, the appetizer we hated and the salad we never ate. Thanks for the champagne but I would've rather paid for what I consumed then the crap I didn't order and the food we hated.

We walked to The Kitchen and it was fabulous... 5 stars

• Visited February 2013

Sarasota
“Molto Bene!”
Reviewed February 10, 2013

I was recently in Denver on a business trip and a colleague, who had been to the restaurant three times before, recommended going. It was fantastic! The wine list was through, the menu was diverse, and the service was great!

I highly recommend going if you're in Denver for anything.

• Visited February 2013
Denver, Colorado
“Superior food and service”
Reviewed February 9, 2013 via mobile

We have been to Venice, Italy twice and this Denver restaurant is as good as any we dined at in Venice. The service is attentive and we did not feel rushed at all. The salads are works of art and the pasta is all home-made in the restaurant. Dinner portions are quite generous and wine selections are reasonably priced. In the four years of living and eating out in Denver, we had never eaten at this restaurant and we will definitely be back!

FYI - The restaurant is known to have a great happy hour with a full menu of $4.00 small plates and $6.00 wine.

Colorado
“A nightmare of an evening”
Reviewed February 1, 2013

I'll begin by saying that the bread was very good. It took a while to get it, but it was good. As was the butter. The sink in the men's room is awesome. But everything else -- drinks and food -- led us to speculate if this was the worst dining experience in our collective lives. Given the other good reviews, and a meal here a couple of years ago that was excellent, I'm writing this off as a very bad night, but bad it was. It was as if everyone decided to change roles for one night and failed. Some advice to the bartender, read the book on how to make a cocktail, and put away the lime juice. To the kitchen: Hot food! Cold food is not good. Few dining occasions lead to conversations about walking out without paying the check, but last night was one of those times. To the next reviewer: tell me they got their act back together.

• Visited January 2013
Denver, Colorado
“Celebration!!”
Reviewed January 30, 2013

I chose Venice - the Greenwood Village location- for a special birthday celebration. The food was excellence and the service even better! Luis was our waiter- attentive to every need and make excellent recommendations. The menu is comprehensive offering mouth watering appetizers, pasta, fish, and meat entrees. I had the special rigatoni with wild mushrooms in a marsala sauce. My husband and son had the Lamb chops and declared they were the best they have ever eaten. The meal finished with a chocolate pastry dish and a complimentary glass of champagne. The room was full so the noise level was high. And I could see that there were several business meetings going on over dinner. So Venice is the place for great Italian fare, wonderful service and an overall great experience.

• Visited January 2013