“Great hotel in a growing neighborhood. Close to highway but not noisy; walking distance to restaurants.”

Hampton Inn & Suites Denver-Speer Boulevard
Ranked #44 of 157 Hotels in Denver
Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed March 29, 2013

I was in Denver for work and picked this location and hotel to be close to highways, but still have dining options in walking distance at night. I didn't hear the highway from my room, and I stayed on the side facing downtown.The neighborhood (Highland) is growing but safe at least where I walked. It was a bit more of a walk than I thought to restaurants, but good dining options were available, especially on 32nd Ave. The front staff hand out lists of restaurants and were very helpful about recommendations. This is a new hotel I'm gathering by furnishings and the look of my room. The room was clean and quiet. Breakfast wasn't spectacular, although it was free so can't complain too much. The freshly prepared hot cookies at the end of each day made up for it. I would stay here again.

Room Tip: Rooms on the top floor were especially quiet according to my colleague.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
Jake H, Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Denver-Speer Boulevard, responded to this review, April 1, 2013
Thank you very much for the review. I am glad the hotel was in such a good location for you. We are in a very good area if you're looking for great restaurants. We hope to see you next time you are in Denver, and we'll have some more warm, fresh cookies waiting for you!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (47)
Deadwood, South Dakota
Reviewed March 17, 2013

I stayed here while I was in Denver to see a concert on St. Patrick's Day weekend. The hotel is very updated and clean. There's only one entrance and there's always someone at the front desk. The hotel is in a very decent neighborhood and I always felt safe. There are a couple homeless people around, but you'll find them everywhere in Denver - they were never a problem. This hotel is also in walking distance of downtown, the Pepsi Center, Elitch Garden, the concert hall, etc. Just be sure to wear comfy shoes.

The room itself was updated and clean. I had a mini fridge, microwave, and plenty of counterspace. Bed was very comfortable. I also found the front desk staff to be very helpful and friendly. I plan on staying here again when I'm in Denver.

Room Tip: There is a somewhat main street outside. I stayed on the 4th floor and didn't hear anything from...
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled solo
Reviewed February 28, 2013

The hotel had a helpful front desk staff that provided great recommendations for lunches and dinners. There is 24 hour a day hot coffee, tea, and coco available in the lobby. The rooms are spacious with a comfortable coach. The rooms had a microwave and refrigerator and single cup coffee maker. This hotel was about $100 cheaper per night than other hotels near the Denver convention center. The convention center is less than a 10 minute drive from the Hampton Inn.

Room Tip: To avoid street level noise, I suggest that you request a room on the second floor.
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Omaha
Reviewed February 27, 2013

loved staying here and would stay here again! very clean and hotel staff were very welcoming and accommodating. the complimentary breakfast in the morning has something for everyone and we could even take the breakfast to our room which was very nice.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank HC679
Colorado
Reviewed February 24, 2013

The reception was staffed by Jake, wearing and smart suit and offering a warm welcome. Located close to I25 and another busy road we were concerned about potential noise. However, our concerns were groundless we couldn't hear traffic in the room. The room and hotel were clean and the bed and pillows very comfortable. Next morning the breakfast was good. Overall, an excellent value, we would stay there again.

Room Tip: 4th floor will be the quietest
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Atlanta, Georgia
Reviewed February 14, 2013

This is the best compromise in terms of location proximity near downtown and price point. I stay here when on business and parking my rental car is free and catching a cab to bar hop downtown is easy enough. About an 6 dollar cab ride to Larimar Square.

Room Tip: Try to get an upper floor room that faces the parking lot. They have a some construction currently...
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
2 Thank Paul M
Madison, Wisconsin
Reviewed January 30, 2013

This Hampton Inn was in a great location-so close to Downtown Denver. We stayed 4 nights and were very comfortable. The road noise heard from our room was a bit louder on the weekend, but we still slept fine. Super clean room with bathroom towels, coffee items, etc. re-stocked each day. We plan to stay there again on our next trip to Denver.

Room Tip: Choose a room that is not on Zuni, as there will be less road noise heard in your room.
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple