“Better than usual”

Ranked #25 of 157 Hotels in Denver
Chicago, IL
“Better than usual”
Reviewed October 22, 2009

This appears to be a new property. The rooms are particularly spacious for a Hampton, and typically clean. It is close enough to walk to downtown locations, e.g. the convention center (at least when it is not snowing).

• Stayed October 2009, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (72)
Great Missenden, United Kingdom
Reviewed September 23, 2009

Good hotel, with everything you need and with charming warm staff,breakfast better than average.

Stayed September 2009, traveled as a couple
Indianapolis, Indiana
Reviewed August 4, 2009

My grandson and I stayed here one night in July and loved the hotel. The staff was courteous, there was ample parking directly across the street, and the location was great. We were able to walk to the capitol, the 16th Street Mall, and other sites with no problem. Our room was very clean and spacious, with a very large bathroom. I love Hampton Inns and this one did not disappoint. It gave the feeling of a very pricey downtown hotel at a Hampton price. I would highly recommend this hotel to anyone and would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed July 2009, traveled with family
2 Thank TravelerUSAWorld
Mexico City, Mexico
Reviewed July 25, 2009

I love this hotel it its clean, well located, not expensive , includes breakfast and is next door to a Barnes and Noble. We had a great time. We were there about three years ago, sorry I did not review it sooner.

• Stayed July 2006, traveled with family
Albuquerque
Reviewed July 21, 2009

My boyfriend and I spent three nights at this hotel and loved every minute of it. I had shopped around for weeks for a reasonable, clean hotel in downtown Denver and every place I checked had either too many negative reviews or a very high nightly rate. The Hampton turned out to be a real find - the rooms were nice, the staff was incredibly helpful, and the breakfast was a definite bonus. The only negative was that our room had a lovely view of the building next door, which was less than 10 ft from our widow. We didn't have a car, so parking wasn't an issue, but it might have been otherwise. The stay was great and we have every intention of staying here again on our next visit.

• Stayed July 2009, traveled as a couple
1 Thank HarmonyNG
Centreville, MD
Reviewed July 19, 2009

We were in Denver for my husband's conference which took place at the Radisson-Stapleton. I wanted us to be located closer to the downtown so that we could walk to 16th street for food and shopping in the evenings. We arrived early and didn't expect to be able to check in, but the manager said that he had a room ready for us and we could check in early. We valeted our car with the front desk and checked in. We were pleasantly surprised that he upgraded us to an executive suite. Which was great because I would be spending my days in the room while my husband attended his conference. We had a living room with a pull out couch, desk, and chair with a plasma flat screen tv. We had a microwave, refrigerator, and sink. The bedroom area is a little smaller, but with another flat screen plasma.
I have used the valet parking the entire time and it has been very efficient and quick. Since I have been by myself, I feel more comfortable not having to go to parking lots by myself. The breakfast was excellent and there are plenty of chairs and tables. At other Hamptons, there is often not enough room and you have to "fight" for spaces.
If we come back with our family, we will definitely stay here.

• Stayed July 2009, traveled on business
Fairfield, CT
Reviewed July 8, 2009

I was in Denver for a few days on business in early June and absolutely loved my experience with this Hampton Inn. I was not familiar with downtown Denver so I didn't really know where the hotel was going to be in relation to anything else of note, but it was in a good location close to bars, restaurants, the 16th Street Mall, which is a really cool shopping/dining area that is closed to traffic except the city's hybrid buses...etc.

The staff was exceedingly welcoming and helpful and I was lucky to get a corner room which was HUGE and had 3 large windows. It was awesome. My colleagues had more standard-looking rooms (all for same price, I just got lucky I guess). I prefer a high floor usually and this hotel is RIGHT on the street, and my room was on floor 2 which had me concerned at first...but I really did not hear much outside noise at all. The room had a microwave, fridge, even small sink in the living area, and a full, modern bathroom. Internet was free I believe, i did not use their connection though as I had my own. Nice big flat screen TV. Very nice breakfast offering in the lobby each morning and they even have "to go" bags for people who are on the run, it's some fruit and snacks I guess.

I needed some help finding my way around the city at first and the front desk person took out a map and highlighted it along with some food suggestions and the like. Many places also deliver to the hotel if you don't feel like going out. There is also a small shop inside the hotel with basic snacks and sundries. I hadn't planned to use it but one night I was not feeling well and I got a few snacks from down there and it was a breeze just to bring them upstairs, use the microwave to heat the stuff up and call it a night. They also had frozen dinners and such as well.

All in all, I loved my stay here and I would definitely stay again - it was well-located, very clean, modern, great breakfast and other amenities, and the staff was very friendly.

• Stayed June 2009, traveled on business