“Better-than-average Hampton experience”

Hampton Inn & Suites Denver Downtown
Ranked #26 of 159 Hotels in Denver
Reviewed January 25, 2013

The Hampton Inn is a very nice downtown Denver hotel. Rooms are very large, well appointed and beds are comfortable. Great value for a well-managed property. Service and staff is very good. Rooms are quiet.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled on business
HISDenverDowntown, Director of Sales at Hampton Inn & Suites Denver Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded January 28, 2013

Thank you for sharing your feedback about your stay with us - it is great to hear that you had a wonderful stay. Our staff does their best to provide exceptional customer service to enhance your stay and we are very glad you enjoyed it.

Come back and see us when you return to Denver - we look forward to serving you again!

Reviewed January 20, 2013

I and my two daughters stayed here while visiting relatives in Denver. The hotel was beautifully appointed, clean and offered the best complimentary breakfast I have ever had. The room was spotless, with beautiful presentation and amenities. The staff was professional, friendly and very helpful.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled with friends
2  Thank jraye
HISDenverDowntown, Director of Sales at Hampton Inn & Suites Denver Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded January 21, 2013

Thank you for your review of your stay with us - I am so glad to hear that you had a fantastic stay with your daughters and enjoyed the hotel. Our property is perfect for families and we have a host of different room types and lots of complimentary amenities to suit everyone's needs. I am also glad to hear that you enjoyed our breakfast - our "On The House" breakfast offers options from healthy to hearty to start everyone's day right. We hope you and your family will come back to visit us again when you return to Denver!

Reviewed January 18, 2013

When I don't feel like splurging on the nearby Warwick, this is a great, clean hotel that is pretty inexpensive! It's pretty low key, so you must make sure to have plans on the town!

I would stay here again!

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled as a couple

Thank you for choosing the Hampton Inn & Suites Downtown Denver for your stay! We are glad to hear that you could take advantage of some of our special rates to give you an affordable getaway. We hope that you'll choose to come back and see us again during your next visit!!

Reviewed January 6, 2013

Upon first glance this hotel is clean, we had 3 rooms and 2 were clean but the room i slept in had food on the floor and the bed had hair in it. housekeeping came and put on new sheets and cleaned most of the food up (it was hard to see as it was between the bed and nightstand). the lobby and breakfast areas were well kept.

the breakfast was on par compared to other Hamptons we've stayed in.

i was there with my sister's family and my parents so we let the kids sleep with their cousins so our kids were mixed throughout the 3 rooms.

my parents room had a very squeaky bed so we put smaller kids in it. BUT my sister's room had marijuana smokers next door and they lit up the whole area around 11pm. my brother in law called the front desk and they said they'd call that room and tell them to stop (THIS IS A NON SMOKING HOTEL) but they did NOT offer to change my sister's room. the smoke was so bad that their eyes were burning and i had a little girl in there so it was VERY upsetting when i found out.

then our girls (15, 12 & 9) got stuck in the elevator for 25 minutes and i know things happen but the next day when we were checking out (i was out of the front desk view) i stayed behind to wait for our car and this gal with long dark hair started to talk bad about us to her coworker and it was embarrassing, she was saying it was our girls fault that the doors wouldn't open in the elevator because they were jumping and she was complaining about us.. i'm not sure how jumping could stop doors from opening & our girls were on the phone with us while they were stuck and they had the service call button on so the desk heard them say they jumped in the very beginning (our girls might weigh 250 all together). i've had poor service before but honestly it doesn't bother me but this was embarrassing as other patrons were nearby and it was unprofessional.

this is a good location for shopping, museums & dining.

there were other issues that my sister's family had but they weren't my personal experiences so i won't comment on them.

the front desk offered me 20000 hilton points but when i said i don't have their rewards program she didn't offer anything else.

i say all of that and end it with the saving grace ~ i left the manager a message and someone from the hotel got back with me. She sincerely apologized (her name was Jodi) and compensated me in a favorable way for our issues. if you look back at my other reviews you will see that i'm not one to make these sort of complaints. poor service doesn't deter me from using a hotel, i'm more concerned about cleanliness and location. due to the manager's response i would stay here again as i'm sure she's resolved the staffing issues.

Room Tip: some may have views. but ours faced a building.
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled with family
HISDenverDowntown, Director of Sales at Hampton Inn & Suites Denver Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded January 8, 2013

Thank you for your feedback of your recent stay with us. I understand you were unhappy with the cleanliness of your room and I am very sorry for this experience. We take a lot of pride in our guests being satisfied and apologize that we were unable to meet that expectation. I am working with our housekeeping staff to prevent this from happening in the future. We're glad your other issues were addressed. I hope that if your travels bring you back to the area, you will consider staying with us again.

Reviewed January 3, 2013 via mobile

We were in town for 2 days w our 3 kids. Ages 12, 5, 3. I had booked a room w 2 queens. Didn't really know where I would stick my 3 year old. I thought maybe shed sleep between us. Well they upgraded us to a suite ! I was so happy. I didn't even ask. So my little one was able to sleep on a sofa bed which was a lot more comfortable! Great hotel and location. Very clean.

• Stayed: January 2013
HISDenverDowntown, Director of Sales at Hampton Inn & Suites Denver Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded January 4, 2013

Thank you for staying with us! Our hotel is perfect for families of all sizes and it sounds like we were a great fit for you and your kids! I hope you had a chance to take advantage of the swimming pool and free breakfast as well during your stay. Next time you come to visit, you may want to try to book our specialty suite with a kids room; this suite has a separate bedroom with bunkbeds and a separate tv just for the kids (as well as another bathroom to help keep mornings easier for the whole family). We appreciate you sharing your feedback and we hope to see you again soon!

Reviewed January 2, 2013

Stayed over Christmas and had a very nice time. The beds were quite comfortable and the bathrooms wre very large. The studio room was a good size, find for 3. The free breakfast was good and coffee was available all day. Location was good about a 3 block walk to the 16th Street Mall. The only issues were the fireplace in the lobby did not work and the lobby got a cold blast everytime the front doors opened. If you sitting for coffee or breakfast be sure to move away from the door.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled with family

Thank you for choosing our hotel for your holiday visit - we hope you had a fantastic time in Denver! I'm sorry to hear that you were chilly during breakfast; we usually have the lobby fireplace on to help with the chilly winter breeze but we may have missed turning it on due to our erratic temperature swings from warm to cold through this winter.

Our staff is very pleased that you were comfortable in the studio suite and enjoyed the hotel overall. We hope to see you again soon!

Reviewed January 2, 2013

We stayed at the Denver Hampton Inn as a base for exploring the greater Denver area, including the mountains, Boulder, Ft. Collins, etc. I am very happy with our decision.

-Check in/Check out

Our flight was delayed by about 3 hours, so we arrived at around 1am for check in. The friendly woman at the front desk checked us in and we were in our room in no time. Check out was equally painless, and we were of course able to store our bags in a secure room as our flight was not until later in the afternoon. Always a nice touch.

-The room

We had a King room on the 5th floor. It was very nice sized, and very quiet, except for one night when someone was having a party in a nearby room. The staff seemed to take care of that for us. The bathroom is a bit oddly laid out, and does not seem like the most efficient use of space. It's not small, so no worries, but you'll see. Also, there was no convenient place to hang a hand towel near the sink, which is a minor inconvenience. The TV was nicely sized for the room, but did not have an interactive guide. However, few hotels do, and you just have to get used to slowly flipping channels, i guess.

-Location

The location is not bad, just away from the downtown area. It is about a 5 minute walk to the end of the 16th street mall. When it was cold and windy, we wished we had stayed somewhere slightly closer, but it really wasn't an issue most times. There is not much in the way of entertainment or shopping very close by, i.e., less than a block, as the hotel is surrounded by office buildings and parking lots.

-Parking

Yes, they charge $20 for valet parking. Yes, you could be vigilant and find cheaper alternatives nearby or on the street, but I really enjoyed the convenience of pulling up in front of the hotel and just dropping off the keys. Also, when you come down to pick up your car, the staff actually run to go get it! So, it is never a long wait. Personally, the convenience was well worth the small extra cost.

-Amenities

We enjoyed the breakfast every day, which was about average for Hampton Inn. We also used the hot tub one afternoon after snowboarding. The hot tub and pool area are nice and clean, albeit a little small. It was not crowded, though, so not really a problem.

-Negatives

The elevators are really slow. However, with only 6 floors of guest rooms, it did not cause that much of a problem (At other hotels, sometimes you just have to suck it up and take the stairs when the elevator just doesnt come or is full when it arrives). Also, the wifi is essentially worthless. It constantly asks you to re-log in, and isn't that fast. Also, it consistently loses the connection. I gave up on it on the second day and just used my regular data plan. I would suggest doing the same unless you're worried about data limits.

Overall, we were very happy with our stay here, and would not hesitate to return.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank MadMaxEsq

Thank you for staying with us at Hampton Inn & Suites Denver Downtown! It is great to hear that you had a fantastic stay with us and were able to enjoy all we have to offer our guests. You will be very happy to know that we are going through a high-speed internet upgrade right now that should provide faster speeds for all of our guests and our ATT Stay Connected team will continue to support our guests with any issues they have with our internet access. We hope you will come back to see us again during your next visit to the Mile High City!