“Clean and convenient location”

Residence Inn Denver City Center
Ranked #23 of 156 Hotels in Denver
Chicago, IL
“Clean and convenient location”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 26, 2010

We stayed at the Residence Inn last summer with plans for visiting Coors Field for three games. The location was great - within a 20 minute walk to Coors Field, but also less than five minutes from everything on the 16th Street Mall. The room was clean and VERY spacious, with a separate bedroom/living area as well as a kitchenette with full sized refrigerator. The breakfast was a huge plus, as well as the Caribou coffee around the corner. The only negative is that the bed felt small, it may have been a double instead of a queen, and there wasn't an option for a king bed.

• Stayed August 2009, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (128)
Escazu, Costa Rica
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 14, 2010

this is one of the greatest values in denver. close to everything important in the city. A magnificent hotel.

• Stayed April 2010, traveled with family
RIDenver, General Manager at Residence Inn Denver City Center, responded to this review, April 16, 2010
Thank you so much for being our guest. We are so glad that you enjoyed your stay, and we hope to be able to serve you again soon.
New Orleans, Louisiana
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 11, 2010

I researched hotels in the Denver area for quite sometime in anticipation of a trip to National Jewish Health. Everywhere I looked there were great reviews of this hotel. I ended up booking a room for three a month in advance. We arrived at the hotel to find the staff friendly and very helpful. The complimentary breakfast buffet and light dinner were absolutely delightful. The rooms were very clean and comfortable with excellent housekeeping. Parking, which is an additional cost, is very convenient as it is within the hotel. The location is very close to good restaurants, grocery stores, and places to shop. Overall, this is an excellent hotel that is also an extremely good value. I will definitely be staying here again in future visits to Denver.

• Stayed April 2010, traveled on business
1 Thank normeororman
RIDenver, General Manager at Residence Inn Denver City Center, responded to this review, April 13, 2010
Thank you for the kind comments and being our guest. Marriott rewards is a great opportunity to earn free night stays etc. We look forward to serving you again soon.
Colorado
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 31, 2010

Just had to echo all the praise for this place. Great location, a fantastic value, a huge and spotlessly clean room, warm and contemporary decor, the friendly and helpful staff are just a few highlights. The breakfast is good standard American fare, although certainly not gourmet. The self-service parking is great: super convenient and a good $10 cheaper than every other downtown hotel. I joined Marriott Rewards to get an amazingly good rate ($79 + free upgrade). Having stayed in several of the top downtown hotels, I can say confidently that unless you absolutely must have a 5-star experience, the Residence Inn is far and away the best choice in Denver!!

One more tip, the restaurant at the neighboring Hotel Monaco is excellent and has an awesome happy hour.

• Stayed March 2010, traveled on business
Alanna4734, Front Office Manager at Residence Inn Denver City Center, responded to this review, June 11, 2014
Dear traveler,

Thank you for taking the time to complete our Guest Satisfaction Survey. We are delighted that your stay with the Residence Inn Denver City Center was enjoyable.

Ryan Bayles-Gottehrer
Guest service supervisor
Residence Inn Marriott City Center
ryan.b-gottehrer@ridenver.com
303-296-3444
Durango, CO
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 16, 2010

I chose this hotel as it was ranked high on the trip advisor list. I was very pleased with everything this hotel had to offer. From check in to check out, the front desk staff were friendly and helpful--they even held a bake sale for donations going toward Haiti in the front/lobby. I thought that was very thoughtful for the hotel staff to do. We were traveling with our 3 month old son and found that the "suite" layout was perfect for his sleeping habits. The kitchenette was very convenient as we could put restaurant "take out" in the fridge. In regards to location: the hotel is very close to 16th street & downtown activities (we went to an Avs game). I will book with this hotel again next time we are in town :)

• Stayed January 2010, traveled with family
RIDenver, General Manager at Residence Inn Denver City Center, responded to this review, February 18, 2010
Thank you so much for your kind words and for being our guest. We definitely hold ourselves to high standards when it comes to customer service and giving back to our community. We are glad that you enjoyed your stay and we look forward to serving you again in the future.
Maryland
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 13, 2010

Please keep in mind that my review may be different because I stayed for 30 days. Overall, I did like the place, and was always impressed with the service provided by the front desk. My first morning, the shower didn't work. They did a patch job on it. Then the outlet in the bathroom and one in the kitchen didn't work. They did a patch job on both. When the shower didn't work for the second time, and the bathroom outlet went out the third time, I suggest that switch them out instead of patching them. They did this, and both worked fine for the remainder of my stay. They offered to move me to another room closer to the elevator (like that was a plus?), but I didn't want to move a month's worth of items I brought. One day they offered to buy me dessert. I loved the grocery service, but they messed up my order twice. One time I requested that my room be cleaned between 10:00 and 1:00. It wasn't done, so I told the front desk. Herlinda from housekeeping gave me the dirtiest of looks, and I felt that I was being accused of lying. Mind you, the front desk was very apologetic, and I received an apologetic voice mail message from Mr. Mitchell on one occasion. They also left me a $10 gift card for Caribou. The food and beverage manager came to my room and apologized on one occasion, but asked me if I liked to eat healthy food. What was that all about? To this day, I will never get the meaning of that question. After the problems the first 3 weeks, the apologizes started to get really tiring and meaningless. So, I stopped making complaints. Following are complaints I did not report: The cleaning went downhill after I made the previously mentioned complaint. I was facinated at the lack of dusting on the top of the refrigerator, so to amuse myself, I drew a smiley face. When that remained after an entire week, I wrote "clean me" in the dust. Both remained for another week before the fridge was haphazardly wiped off. I left a piece of popcorn by the couch to see if it was removed - it wasn't. The outlet in the kitchen didn't work again, and I ran out of toilet paper a couple of days. Coffee and popcorn were not replaced every day. Close to the end of my stay, a staff member told me she would be right back with postcards. She never returned. Overall, I still liked the place. The bed and bedding weren't the greatest, but I am not fussy about that. I liked having the laundry close by my room. The breakfast was awesome. I went to one of the social hours, but the taco pie covered in coagulated cheese didn't do anything for me. There were many jovial people by bar, so obviously it was a popular diversion.

• Stayed January 2010, traveled on business
RIDenver, General Manager at Residence Inn Denver City Center, responded to this review, February 15, 2010
Thank you so much for your feedback, and for being our guest. Please accept my apologies for the issues that you experienced during your stay. These issues are not common to our hotel and we will address them immediately.
Colorado
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 24, 2010

Hotel is fine - clean and decent food. Bed was horrible. I travel a lot and usually stay in Courtyards. Marriott usually has consistent quality, but not the case here. Both of us could not have stayed another night,

Stayed January 2010, traveled as a couple
RIDenver, General Manager at Residence Inn Denver City Center, responded to this review, January 27, 2010
Thank you so much for your feedback and for staying with us. We are truly sorry that you were not satisfied with our beds. A good nights rest for our guests is our top priority, and it appears that we did not succeed during your stay with us. We will check the suite to see if there is a defect with the mattress as we are unsure as to why it would have been uncomfortable. Thanks again and hopefully we will have the opportunity to serve you again in the future.