“Just what you need”

Residence Inn Denver City Center
Ranked #36 of 160 Hotels in Denver
Reviewed October 7, 2013

My husband and I visited Denver for a wedding and stayed in this hotel for two nights. Here's what we liked most about our stay and some things we wish had been different:

+ welcoming staff who accommodated all of our requests
+ clean, comfortable lobby with a cozy fireplace and business center
+ room (suite) was huge and was way more space than we needed for a short term stay; nice to not feel trapped though!
+ room was clean and well appointed (sofa, full kitchen, "dining" table, counter space, iron, hair dryer, etc.)
+ comfortable bed with good pillows; we liked that the comforter was clearly one that gets washed and changed with each guest
+ great shower with good pressure and plenty of space due to rounded shower rod
+ hotel breakfast was large with plenty of hot food options
+ great location, walking distance to major attractions, 16th street mall

- the hotel parking fee is ridiculously high; being city dwellers we understand parking space is at a premium but $25 per night is a lot when you can park you car for less at a lot around the corner (which we did)
- the hotel breakfast offers very few gluten free options (fruit, yogurt, but nothing hot--although we didn't make a specific request...)

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank PetiteLinds

Reviewed September 30, 2013

Making my reservation on-line was painless and check-in uneventful, as it should be. No mix-ups and the room was as advertised - full kitchen (except oven - which I did not need). I asked for "quiet" and got it. Everything was spotless and in its place.
The staff were all pleasant. I had a package delivered and all went well with that. The breakfast was more than adequate and the evening 'happy hour' snacks ended up being my supper most nights.
The only concern was the room service my first night. It is from a nearby restaurant and while the food was good, having a $50 meal arrive cold with soggy fries and o-rings was only tolerable due to hunger from a day of traveling. This is out of their control but they should demand better service from their suppliers.
I would definitely return as I do like the small apartment-style set-up. The location was a major plus for me as was the well equipped exercise room.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed September 28, 2013

By far the best hotel I've stayed in...as far as customer service and value.
Will book again next year, in fact, going to do it now if they me allow to book a year ahead.
Free breakfast, which was nice, free dinner?..... With free dinner and wine, and the wine was actually drinkable?.... Wow......still can't believe it. An EXTREME VALUE, will 100% stay again. This is the right choice....IMO!

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank Steven B
Alanna4734, Front Office Manager at Residence Inn Denver City Center, responded to this reviewResponded June 11, 2014

Dear traveler,

Thank you for taking the time to complete our Guest Satisfaction Survey. We are delighted that your stay with the Residence Inn Denver City Center was enjoyable.

Ryan Bayles-Gottehrer
Guest service supervisor
Residence Inn Marriott City Center
ryan.b-gottehrer@ridenver.com
303-296-3444

Reviewed September 28, 2013

Stayed here on a long weekend with my son to attend a baseball and football game. This hotel was perfect! Stayed in a one bedroom and while it was smaller then expected, it still had plenty of room. The sofa sleeper was very uncomfortable since the mattress was old and not firm at all but the bed in the bedroom area was a typical Marriott bed, very comfortable.

The location of this hotel can't be beat. Short walk to 16th St and from there you can take the free shuttle bus up and down 16th st and to the light rail stations so you can get anywhere from here. The baseball stadium is just a short walk from this hotel so we walked there. The football stadium was easy to get to using the free shuttle bus and taking the light rail right to the stadium. I did not rent a car and we used the free bus to get everywhere. There was no need for a car unless you wanted to venture outside the city.

The breakfast was great. This is a Residence Inn so if you are familiar with Marriott and the Residence Inn chain you have free breakfast in the morning complete with eggs, waffles, fruit, juice, coffee, bagels, bacon etc..

On 16th st you will find many different restaurants and bars again all within walking distance. I travel all over but this is the first time I have been to Denver and I loved it ! Loved the downtown area. Maybe if I had any complaint it would be the large number of homeless people begging for money. More then I typically see in NYC and other major cities but overall the city area is extremely clean and safe.

There is no pool at this hotel but they have a nice work out room and nice courtyard area with fire pit. The staff was also very helpful.

This is a great hotel and if I come to Denver again, this would be my first choice.

1  Thank mbateacher

Dear traveler,

Ryan Bayles-Gottehrer
Guest service supervisor
Residence Inn Marriott City Center
ryan.b-gottehrer@ridenver.com
303-296-3444

Reviewed September 27, 2013

I accidentally posted a review to the Residence Inn Downtown Denver instead of Denver City Center. I stayed here last year and loved the place. Whether staying one night or several weeks, this is an incredible place and a tremendous value. Instead of a room, you get a suite with comfortable bedroom, nice bathroom, living room and kitchen and two televisions ( one in the livingroom and one in the bedroom). Right from the check in process (Ryan at the front desk welcomed me back and efficiently handled assigning a room, supplied the key and asked if he could provide anything else). The friendliness and professionalism and efficiency of the staff make the entire experience a delight. There are two laundry rooms in the hotel should you need to wash some clothes. They also serve a complimentary complete breakfast downstairs in a living room like space near the lobby. In the evening (on weeknights) they serve complimentary dinner and have a complimentary happy hour. The place is quiet and well maintained. There is an onsite gym and a little used outdoor patio / seating space should you want to sit out in the Denver fresh air and sun. Housekeeping service is excellent. One of the maids I met last year, Maria, I ran into again this year and we hugged. She is such a friendly hardworking accommodating staff member. Stuart who handles the breakfast area and food preparation is a wealth of information. If you want tips on Denver...where to go, what to see, where to eat...just ask the always helpful cheerful Stuart. Actually, all the front desk workers will help you with directions or questions. Free Wi-Fi offered. On every level, the Residence Inn (Denver City Center) excels. I highly recommend it.

Room Tip: The place is quiet and every room seems decent
1  Thank gregb511
Reviewed September 26, 2013

A good spot for an extended stay in Denver. Centralized and close to most to see in the city. Rooms were clean and comfortable. Got to see the Brochos game in the lobby and they offered complementary drinks and snacks. Very friendly staff made the stay enjoyable. My only issue is they need more Front Dest staff in the morning. The single worker was overwhelmed and the wait was long.

1  Thank richn1978
Reviewed September 26, 2013

There are a lot of fine hotels in downtown Denver to choose from. Whether you are staying just overnight or for an extended period, Marriott's Residence Inn in Denver is a great choice. I stayed here last year during a two-week visit. Instead of a room, you have a suite with living room, nice kitchen, big bathroom and comfortable bed. The hotel is well maintained. The service by housekeeping is excellent, whether you want daily service or every few days. Immediately at check in you know your experience will be great. The front desk is welcoming, efficient, accommodating and always greets you with a smile. If you need directions or suggestions, they are always helpful. Ryan on the front desk could not be nicer welcoming me back this year as I checked in and letting me know if I need anything to contact the front desk. Everyone who works at this hotel is friendly and accommodating. I ran into one of the housekeepers that I met last year, Maria. She is so efficient and nice...takes a few minutes to chat.,,we hugged again when we saw each other this year. Ths hotel serves a complete complimentary breakfast in the morning and has a happy hour in the evening including complimentary dinner on weeknights if you choose to eat. All of those who work that area are efficient and nice and will bring you anything you request. Stuart is the best visitors guide for Denver you can meet. He is hardworking but always takes a moment to greet you and chat. He even baked me banana bread this year using breakfast bananas that were getting real ripe. I hav trouble remembering names but all of ge kitchen staff are accommodating. In the evening, it's a great living room area where you can "chill" and relax from your day...meet other guests,,,watch a sporting event or news on one of the big screens televisions. This is a home away from home in the great city of Denver. For value you could never beat this hotel. I hate to mention it for fear that the price will go up or I have touted so many people on the quality of this place that wont be able to get a reservation next time I want to visit, but I have found the room rates to be very reasonable. For what you get they are an incredible value. This is a jewel of a hotel. You have to attribute it to a great manager who sets the tone and leads a dedicated staff. The Residence Inn by Marriott in Downtown Denver is among th best hotels I've stayed in.

Room Tip: The hotel is quiet even though fully booked. Elevators are speedy regardless of floor. There is a gy...
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled with friends