“nice hotel”

Residence Inn Denver City Center
Ranked #36 of 159 Hotels in Denver
Reviewed March 16, 2013

Made very last minute reservations due to a snow storm and had a great experience. The hotel was extremely clean and nicely decorated. The lobby was very welcoming with a nice fire going in the fire place. The front desk attendant was very polite and friendly. Would stay there again in a heartbeat.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled solo
Mary M, Front Office Manager at Residence Inn Denver City Center, responded to this reviewResponded March 25, 2013

Sheri H,

Thank you so much for your response. I am happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us and found our staff to be friendly and polite. Thank you so much for staying with us. We hope to see you again soon!

Reviewed March 12, 2013

I recently stayed at this hotel with a large group of volleyball players and parents. We were a huge group and I am sure quite a handful. The staff never missed a beat. They were all amazing. They went out of there way to accomodate all of our needs and always did it with a huge smile. The rooms were large, beautiful and clean. If you are looking for a place to stay in downtown Denver, I highly recommend this hotel.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank Sue K
Mary M, Front Office Manager at Residence Inn Denver City Center, responded to this reviewResponded March 16, 2013

Sue K,

Thank you so much for your response. We are very happy to have had you all as our guests, and I am very pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us. I hope that you had a great time at the tournament and we hope to see you again next year.

Reviewed March 9, 2013

All suites with granite countertops, mini kitchens and sitting areas. Separate vanity area from bath area and large windows that open and overlook city. Upper floors stuffy but staff friendly and building adjacent to same dry cleaners and close to 16th street activity. Great free breakfast daily. Many options. Weeknight complimentary adult beverages at downstairs bar and free heavy appetizers from 530 to 730 Monday thru Saturday with fireplaces, flat screen TVs, comfy lounging chairs and sofas.

Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank jonandshelby

Jonandshelby,

Thank you so much for your response. I am very happy to hear that you enjoyed our complimentary breakfast and weeknight hospitality hour. We just finished updating our guest lobby and I am thrilled to hear that you found it to be very comfortable. Thank you so much for staying with us. We hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed March 5, 2013

Overall: Stayed here on business, it’s centrally located in downtown Denver– well, at least for my office meetings. Seemed to have a variety of restaurants in the surrounding area within walking distance (from Quiznos to Elways at the Ritz Carlton). The rooms were enormous, with a mini kitchenette – and a bonus of hard candies on the coffee table (which I devoured half the jar since I didn’t eat dinner!). I used their gym facilities, and it had more pieces of equipment than I expected (5 cardio machines – including 3 treadmills), and free weights. No resort fee either. If you have a car, it’s $25 per night and had a funky, funky garage set up with the key access and gate (they didn't seem to be in close proximity to each other).

Internet: “Free” – had no issues with connectivity.

Room: There was an annoying grinding/wheezing noise in the middle of the night that I assumed was associated with the HVAC. It was periodic (and I only stayed here one night), so I wasn’t too bothered and too tired to complain. In the morning after some sleuthing, I figured it was the fridge! If I stayed here longer, I would have asked they fix it (I did report it on check out) or unplugged the fridge.

Another odd detail, was that there were only trash cans underneath the sinks. I only noticed it because I had to hunt for a trash can and it wasn’t in its “normal” spot (i.e. underneath the desk, next to the toilet, etc.). Maybe not used to Residence Inn layout, but thought it was strange!

Finally, a bit stingy with their amenities only offering shampoo and conditioner (and soap of course). Although I’ll give them points since it was the Paul Mitchell brand.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled on business
2  Thank AKo75

Ako75,

Thank you so much for your response. I am very happy to hear that you found the location of our hotel to be convenient to your office meetings, and that you enjoyed some of the amenities that we have to offer. I am very sorry to hear about the disturbance that was caused by the refrigerator motor in your suite. We greatly appreciate you bringing this to our attention so that we were able to make to proper repairs. Thank you so much for staying with us. We hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed February 25, 2013

Arrived and was amazed of how nice and clean it was! for being in that area and growing up around there I would of never thought this place was so nice.Very comfortable !It was like a little apartment!definatly going back!

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple
Mary M, Manager at Residence Inn Denver City Center, responded to this reviewResponded March 3, 2013

Dominiquenev,

Thank you so much for your response. I am happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us. We take tremendous pride in keeping our hotel nice and clean and I am very happy to hear that this was reflected to you. We hope to see you again soon!

Reviewed February 25, 2013

I was so looking forward to my staycation in town at the Residence Inn. These hotels always reminded me of staying in an apartment, but having the features of a hotel.

Front Desk- They talk with each guest for more time than I think even the guest wants, much less the people on line behind them. So after waiting to check in, I was greeted professionally but while I handed my Marriott rewards card to her, she never entered the information so I never got credit for the stay (and yes, it was a qualifying reservation, not hotwire...)

Elevator- There's a plaque right above the floor numbers stating that you need a room key to access floors. This makes sense because the hotel's in a downtown area of a major city and it's not monitored by security. TOO BAD THEY KEY ACCESS DIDN'T WORK, and anyone could enter the elevator, as I watch someone come into the hotel looking for a bathroom (I think) and walked right into my elevator, pressed a couple of floor's buttons and made me nervous.

Room- It was so basic. Right out of a Comfort Inn. Plus the bed was tiny, mattress sucked, and linens were budget. The kitchen was nice but the entire room had a TINY trash can so ours built up on the counter. I was told that I had a partial mountain view but I didn't.

Breakfast- nice but very limited selection.

I paid a cheap rate but would not stay here and definitely not recommend this hotel. Residence Inn's are nice properties, so I'll assume that this bad one is a reflection on bad management. Too bad.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank denverroadtrip
Mary M, Front Office Manager at Residence Inn Denver City Center, responded to this reviewResponded March 3, 2013

Denverroadtrip,

Thank you so much for your feedback from your recent stay with us. We enjoy it when our locals come to stay with us and we always want to provide our guests a place for a great getaway.

I am very sorry to hear about some of the problems that you experienced during your stay. We certainly understand the importance of providing our guests with a secure and safe environment and we are always taking steps toward advancement in this area.

As a loyal Marriott Rewards Member, I would like to ensure that you receive credit for your stay. Please feel free to contact me and I will personally take care of this for you, and if there is absolutely anything else that I can do for you please let me know.

Mary.McQuay@ridenver.com

Reviewed February 24, 2013

The property itself is decent with a few quirks. It's hit or miss whether any given RI will have ovens... this one doesn't. The bed was firmer than I would have liked. The TVs (two in my room) did NOT get any HD channels. I expect better out of an RI -- I'm writing this from a TownePlace Suites, which is Marriott's low-end extended-stay brand, and every channel is HD. Breakfast was fine, with an ample seating area. The Ethernet connection didn't work in my room for some reason, but the wifi was fine.

Biggest disappointment regarded check-out. First off, check-out is 11am, rather than noon like most hotels of this (alleged) quality. I asked for a later checkout (1 or 2 pm) but was not accommodated. They did gave me noon, but I consider that the normal hotel check-out time. This was on a Sunday, and the desk clerk tried to explain away her indifference by mentioning all the other late checkouts, but at 9am a lot of guests were leaving. I realize my Silver status doesn't guarantee a late checkout as Gold does, but it's still disappointing to have status count for nothing.

I have had good experiences at the Courtyard and Marriott in downtown Denver, and next time, I'll be staying there, not here.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled solo

Anon4444,

Thank you so much for your response. We greatly pride ourselves on providing each guest with the upmost service and I am very sorry to hear that this was not reflected to you. As a loyal Marriott Rewards Member we want to be able to accommodate you in any way that we can. To help keep in line with our housekeeping cleaning schedule to ensure that we are able to provide timely service, we do limit the amount of late check-outs available each day, while still being able to meet the needs of our guests.

We would enjoy the opportunity to provide you with the kind of experience that you’ve come to expect from Marriott and the kind of service that I know our team can provide. If you have any plans on returning to Denver and would like to provide us with this opportunity, please contact me directly and I would be happy to assist you in making a reservation.

Mary.McQuay@ridenver.com