4,940 results
All reviewsconvention centerpeaks loungestreet mallgreat hotelattending a conferencewithin walking distancelobby barhigh floorhot tubself parkingmountain viewbusiness tripconvenient locationlight railfew blocksdowntown areacoors field
Reviewed May 5, 2009

I stayed at the Hyatt for a business conference located across the street at the Convention Center. This was the first time I've stayed at a Hyatt and can say I was very please with it. The fitness center was top notch and I used the hot tub almost every day there. The hotel was very clean and the front desk staff always helpful (they were able to put me on the 20th floor with a mountain view) as were the parking attendants. I had a king sized room and I must say, this was one of the most, if not most comfortable beds I've slept in for many years on the road. I did not eat here, so can not comment on the food or drinks. A neat feature though that always received comments was the tv monitor in each elevator that always had a quirky scene being played, with each elevator being different.

Reviewed May 2, 2009

Great hotel in all ways.front desk staff was great even during the holiday period. Altitude staff great also with mixture of different cultures. The rooms were fantastic with right touch of home. My wife and I WILL stay there again

• Stayed: December 2008, traveled as a couple
Reviewed April 23, 2009

I recently stayed at Hyatt Regency Denver at Colorado Convention Center while attending a conference. The hotel, which I believe was built very recently, is located just across the street from the convention center. This was very convenient. Also, the hotel was easy walking distance to 16th Street, with its free busses.

The check-in was OK, but I noticed that there were only two people at the check-in counter despite the fact that this was a very busy day. There were maybe six or so self-check-in kiosks there, but I'm not sure that's a great idea for a relatively high end hotel such as this one. I really think the hotel is really having a hard time maintaining a sufficient number of full time employees on their roster, since convention business is really going down the drain this year.

The whole place is very well maintained. I thought my room was well appointed. However, I noticed a few things I expect in a hotel of this price range were missing: This includes robes, slippers, etc. I think this is also secondary to bad economy.

If I had to find one problem with this hotel, its the design of the doors. They seem to slam shut with a very loud noise. More quiet doors should be installed in an establishment such as this one.

A few other odd things...I expected their restaurant, called "Altitude" to be located higher up, perhaps on the top floor with a panomamic view of the city and the mountains. However, the restaurant was located on the ground floor. it is a nice restaurant, but calling it "Altitude" is a bit odd for the location. The bar/lounge on the 27th floor called "Peaks" was nice, but also the design of that space was not done correctly, in my humble opinion. Instead of the windows facing the mountains, most of the seating was facing the highrise condos. I expect a lounge called "Peaks" to have a nice view of the Rockies.

Anyways, this hotel is a pretty good option, especially for a convention attendee. I'm not sure how much this place usually costs (I stayed there on a government rate reservation), but if you can afford it, this is a great choice.

Reviewed April 20, 2009

We loved this hotel! Very clean and the room was nice. The quality of the toiletries were even great! The TV was a good size and there was an IPod dock. Check in/out was smooth and they even had a few safety pins we needed. The lobby area and bar were beautiful. The hotel was very close to EVERYTHING we needed. Walking distance to shopping and dining and a short drive to a great mall. I will be back! Hyatt gets my vote! Parking is expensive but it is downtown. Never heard any noise from neighbors and the elevators were always prompt.

• Stayed: April 2009, traveled with friends
Reviewed April 16, 2009

Great views from my room. Clean, comfortable. Very good amenities. I really liked the quality of the soap, shampoo and conditioner. Also, toothpaste was provided, which I thought was a nice touch. Quick elevators to get to the top floors. Excellent location next to the Convention center, with easy access to shopping and restaurants downtown.

I was only bothered by noise at night from trains and also from other guests. I guess even the nicer hotels don't have very good noise insulation.