“A great place to stay. Super close to 16th Street Mall”

Hyatt Regency Denver At Colorado Convention Center
Ranked #12 of 161 Hotels in Denver
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed March 30, 2014

If a hotel can ever be breathtaking, this is definitely it! I have stayed at this hotel numerous times. Even ordered room service and checked out the restaurants downstairs and around. From the moment of check-in to staying there, this is the place to be! The front desk and concierge service are top notch. They will treat you like royalty. First time that I stayed here was also the first time I traveled by myself and to be addressed by Mr. so and so tickled me. The lobby is inviting and even the food at the downstairs shop isn't too bad. After a night around town, I was starving. I got a salad, a sandwich, drinks and a candy bar for $18. Yes, that is a little expensive but if you saw this hotel, I'm sure the operating costs outweigh this by a mile and some change. Run across to the 7-Eleven on 16th Street Mall to get all that for cheaper! The rooms are cozy. The beds are just right. I can't give enough praise to this hotel. I would definitely recommend this hotel for anyone who wants to see a slice of Denver. The hotel is a quick walk down the road to the convention center as well as 16th street mall. Coors Field is a hop skip and a jump after getting on RTD. This is the place I highly recommend. From the Peak's Lounge to the shop downstairs and the excellent valet service, the Hyatt Regency has raised the bar! Only downside is they charge for internet. Other than that, this is as great as it gets!

Room Tip: Ask for a room on a higher floor to get a sweet view of Denver!
  • Stayed: February 2014, traveled with friends
RegencyHyatt, Manager at Hyatt Regency Denver At Colorado Convention Center, responded to this reviewResponded March 31, 2014

Dear Alex,

Thank you for the raving review and recommendation! I am so happy to see that you were able to enjoy our great location to many fun downtown activities. I really appreciate your great comments about our guest rooms and overall hotel! I hope we get the chance to welcome you back again soon!!

Hotel Assistant Manager

Write a ReviewReviews (4,603)

Reviewed March 30, 2014

Wow!! what a great location. I was nervous coming to a meeting in Denver in March. I am from Houston and do not like cold weather. As it turns out the back exit from the hotel is across the street from the Convention Center. I did not even have to wear a coat. It is such a pain to be at our yearly meeting walkig the booths with a heavy coat. Because we were across the street I did not even take my coat. The hotel was lovely and pleasant. I loved that it was not huge and very easy to get around. The room was perfect and also had a coffee pot. This is so helpful for starting one's day.. Check in and check out was very easy with very up to date technology. It was also easy to print my boarding pass (I am not a techie). Everyone at the hotel was very pleasant, friendly and helpful.From check in to the conceirge to even the housekeepers,everone was very pleasant and helpful. I have to say I was very pleasantly surprised by my visit to Denver.The hotel is also in a great area to wander around with lots of great places to wander if you do have some free time.I would stay here any time I come to Denver.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled on business
RegencyHyatt, Manager at Hyatt Regency Denver At Colorado Convention Center, responded to this reviewResponded March 30, 2014

Dear EKHouston,

Thank you for this amazing review! I am so happy that we were able to help create a wonderful trip to Denver! I am so happy that all of our staff took great care of you and that you enjoyed your guest room. I really appreciate your kind comments about our location and hotel overall. We look forward to welcoming you back in the future!

Reviewed March 30, 2014

The Hyatt has such a wonderful and friendly staff. The front desk made it easy to check in and check out. Our maid was so friendly and helpful. Beautiful health club. Our room was comfortable and relaxing. I will make the Hyatt our hotel of choice when staying in the Downtown Denver area. Children-friendly, didn't feel like we were a bother, like I have felt in the past at other hotels.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled with family

Dear Laurie,

Thank you for the wonderful review! I am so happy to see that our staff took great care of you during your entire stay. I really appreciate the wonderful comments about our hotel and I am happy to see that we will have a chance to welcome you back in the future.

Reviewed March 29, 2014

This is the best place to stay if you are attending a convention in Denver.
It's just across the street from the convention center and steps away from the 16th street mall.
Friendly staff, cozy rooms, nice shower, extra pillows. The fitness center is well equipped and also provided towels and headphones.
I sincerely recommend this hotel and would stay there again.

Reviewed March 29, 2014

Understaffed - I suspect the legality of marijuana explains much of what we experienced. The staff couldn't care less about making eye contact or helping customers. Seemed very self-involved. Food quality was not great, although property was clean and well-maintained.

Review collected in partnership with Hyatt Hotels
RegencyHyatt, Manager at Hyatt Regency Denver At Colorado Convention Center, responded to this reviewResponded April 9, 2014

Dear Dirk E,
Thank you for your review and sharing your feedback. The legalization of marijuana is a hot topic in our state and I can tell you that the hotel does not allow staff members to be under the influence. Your comments have been shared with management as our customer service is top priority and I apologize that you did not receive the high level of service we strive for. We hope you will give us another opportunity to prove that we can exceed your expectations.
Allison Malhiot

Reviewed March 28, 2014

We are treated so well at this hotel- the service was pleasant from the min we checked in, the condition of the room we stayed, the upgrade of the room with the lounge of plentiful, the location perfect to wAlk to so many places. Hyatt Regency is a luxury hotel that makes me enjoy my business trip because it takes care of me in the most pleasing way once I get back to my room.

Review collected in partnership with Hyatt Hotels
RegencyHyatt, Manager at Hyatt Regency Denver At Colorado Convention Center, responded to this reviewResponded March 29, 2014

Dear Goplace42,

I am so happy to hear that you enjoyed your business trip with us. It is so wonderful that we were able to create a comfortable environment for you to return to after a busy day. I truly appreciate you taking the time to write this great review and I hope we have the chance to welcome you back again soon!

Reviewed March 28, 2014

Excellent location, professionalism,accommodations. Five star hotel for the 99%. Wish we stayed a few more nights. Concierge staff excellent, went out of their way to give tips on Denver. Hot tubs is outdoors with great view of the city. Windows that open in your room for fresh air!

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled as a couple

Dear Jimmi2time,

Thank you for the great review! I am so happy to see that you enjoyed your stay with us and that our staff took great care of you! I appreciate your great comments about our concierge, hot tub and guest rooms. I hope we can welcome you back again soon!

Hotel Assistant Manger