This was our third stay at the Hyatt Regency Convention Center. I am VERY hard to please when it comes to hotels. Like every traveler, I want top notch luxury, quality and service, but don't want to pay an arm and a leg for it. This hotel has not disappointed us yet! In fact, I didn't want to leave! We have had 3 above and beyond stays where I didn't want to go. Some of the things I loved:
1) The gym- Excellent equipment, great views, great pool.
2) The room- clean and comfortable bedding. Great views from the 19th floor, even numbered rooms face the mountains!
3) The valet service- Well worth the price of $27. The valet staff work extra hard to keep your car safe and readily available on moments notice. We have honestly never had to wait for our car to be brought around for more than a couple of minutes...usually it's there waiting for us if we call from the room!
4) The checkin and printer station for boarding passes for flights! HUGE plus!
5) Perks coffee bar..expensive, but has saved my caffeine withdrawl on several occasions at all hours of the day. They are open 24/7!
6) Location- Literally 1 block to 16th street mall and the free shuttle. We frequented Maggiano's Little italy for italian dinners, Samba room for latin food, Sam's #3 for the best breakfast there is, and several other local eateries along larimer square. There are two Chipotle burrito places within walking distance as well. Food options outside the hotel within walking distance are endless. I do wish hotels would put more affordable food/dining options inside them. Not so much for the room service options...but how about a pizza place or an Au Bon Pain or something!
7) And finally the staff! EVERYONE...from check in reception, to the concierge, the valet's, housekeeping, fitness center etc...were friendly, down to earth, helpful and basically there to just make sure your stay was enjoyable.
Overall impression: I give this hotel a very deserving 5 stars. In a world where service and value are sorely lacking, it is a pleasure to find this gem. We will definitely stay here in the future. The hotel staff were getting ready for the DEM convention during our stay. Security was tight and I was impressed!
Finally: As with all properties, there will always be room for improvement that the hotel may want to consider, but did not in any way affect the quality of our stay...1) give free wireless internet, and 2) a mini fridge for leftovers in every room.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- With 1,100 newly redesigned accommodations, Hyatt Regency Denver at Colorado Convention Center is one of the region’s largest hotels. Standing 36 stories high, sleek and contemporary in design, it is adjacent to the Colorado Convention Center and just one block from the 16th Street Mall pedestrian promenade. The guest rooms were designed with a décor that captures the essence of being where the mountains meet the plains. With special emphasis on state-of-the-art technology, each accommodation features the convenience of LCD Smart 46 inch televisions and free high-speed Internet along with comfortable work stations. A 6,700 square foot fitness center, with windows overlooking the 14th Street Theater District, includes Spa Universaire, an indoor lap-pool and outdoor sun deck and whirlpool. In addition to Altitude Restaurant, Hyatt Regency Denver provides two lounges: Strata Bar located in the lobby and the 27th floor Peaks Lounge which captures sweeping views of the Rocky Mountains. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Expedia, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Hotwire, Priceline, getaroom.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your Hyatt Regency Denver At Colorado Convention Center reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hyatt Regency Denver At Colorado Hotel Denver
- Denver Hyatt Regency
- Hyatt Denver
- Hyatt Regency Denver Colorado Convention Center