“Another Excellent stay at Hyatt Regency Convention Center!”

Hyatt Regency Denver At Colorado Convention Center
Ranked #13 of 161 Hotels in Denver
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed August 27, 2008

This was our third stay at the Hyatt Regency Convention Center. I am VERY hard to please when it comes to hotels. Like every traveler, I want top notch luxury, quality and service, but don't want to pay an arm and a leg for it. This hotel has not disappointed us yet! In fact, I didn't want to leave! We have had 3 above and beyond stays where I didn't want to go. Some of the things I loved:
1) The gym- Excellent equipment, great views, great pool.
2) The room- clean and comfortable bedding. Great views from the 19th floor, even numbered rooms face the mountains!
3) The valet service- Well worth the price of $27. The valet staff work extra hard to keep your car safe and readily available on moments notice. We have honestly never had to wait for our car to be brought around for more than a couple of minutes...usually it's there waiting for us if we call from the room!
4) The checkin and printer station for boarding passes for flights! HUGE plus!
5) Perks coffee bar..expensive, but has saved my caffeine withdrawl on several occasions at all hours of the day. They are open 24/7!
6) Location- Literally 1 block to 16th street mall and the free shuttle. We frequented Maggiano's Little italy for italian dinners, Samba room for latin food, Sam's #3 for the best breakfast there is, and several other local eateries along larimer square. There are two Chipotle burrito places within walking distance as well. Food options outside the hotel within walking distance are endless. I do wish hotels would put more affordable food/dining options inside them. Not so much for the room service options...but how about a pizza place or an Au Bon Pain or something!
7) And finally the staff! EVERYONE...from check in reception, to the concierge, the valet's, housekeeping, fitness center etc...were friendly, down to earth, helpful and basically there to just make sure your stay was enjoyable.

Overall impression: I give this hotel a very deserving 5 stars. In a world where service and value are sorely lacking, it is a pleasure to find this gem. We will definitely stay here in the future. The hotel staff were getting ready for the DEM convention during our stay. Security was tight and I was impressed!

Finally: As with all properties, there will always be room for improvement that the hotel may want to consider, but did not in any way affect the quality of our stay...1) give free wireless internet, and 2) a mini fridge for leftovers in every room.

• Stayed: August 2008, traveled as a couple
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
Write a ReviewReviews (4,602)

Reviewed August 25, 2008

We stayed at this hotel on our wedding night and it was fantastic! Upon arriving at our room we were astonished to find that the hotel had upgraded us to an incredible suite. The room was immaculate, massive, and we were greeted with a welcome bottle of chilling champagne and delicious truffles as well as a note of congratulations to the newlyweds. They made the best night of our lives completely memorable and we certainly will go back!

• Stayed: May 2008, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 22, 2008

We live in a Denver suburb and decided to stay at the new downtown Hyatt at the Colorado Convention Center because of a great mid-summer weekend rate and were not disappointed. A very nice and 'modern' hotel and very large (over 1000 rooms). Very nice location near all of the sights and sounds of a vibrant downtown Denver. not the best place in Denver, but one that still exceeded our expectations.

• Stayed: July 2008, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 20, 2008

I just returned from staying at this hotel as part of a major conference. Overall the hotel is like new, and as other reviews cite, in a great location two blocks from Larimer Street and across the street from the convention center. The room was spotless, modern, flat screen tv, and super fast elevators. The staff was most courteous, helpful, and friendly. This included the concierge staff. I ate in the restaurant one time and the food was great. The only item that ticked me off was the daily charge for the internet ($10) which I refused to pay. For the daily room rate, this was a bit much. When I tried to discuss this with a front desk rep, he finally agreed that most other Hyatts do not impose this charge and it was beyond their control as the City of Denver actually owns the hotel. This is a policy that needs changed.

• Stayed: August 2008, traveled on business
2  Thank PennTraveler12
Reviewed August 11, 2008

Absolutely great hotel! Conveniently located downtown just off the 16th Street Mall, the Hyatt is exceptionally clean and well appointed. My room was quiet, the bed was very comfortable with great bedding and towels. The hotel gym was spotless and well appointed with a large indoor pool and hot tub. Staff went out of their way to assist. I got a great deal on this hotel through hotwire but would definitely stay here again. Although I have stayed in other nice hotels in Denver, this one would be my top choice in the future.

• Stayed: August 2008, traveled on business
2  Thank grover1959
Reviewed August 6, 2008

I stayed here for an AAO convention. It was nice since it is right across the street from the convention center. The rooms were nice, and clean, and the bathrroms too. They had a great bar downstairs. It's also in a nice location. Just a few blocks away you can walk to a street that has all kinds of food, shopping, and night life. There is also a Bubba Gump Shrimp restaurant across the street as well, which was super yummy!!

• Stayed: May 2008, traveled on business
2  Thank jhammett17
Reviewed July 30, 2008

I both stayed at and attended a multi-day conference at the Hyatt Regency Denver. My experience was very enjoyable.

Upon arriving at the hotel on foot from the (very close) 16th & California Light Rail station, I stood in a rather long line for check in. I noticed, however, that the desk staff were quickly manning all stations so that guests could be checked in promptly. At that point, I also noticed the self-check-in/check-out station to the left of the desk and decided to take advantage. However, the self-check station informed me that my room was not ready and offered to later contact me via email or text message. It was 2 p.m. at this point and, since I had notified the hotel that I would arrive no later than 1 p.m., I got back in the check-in line and waited about 10 minutes for help. The gentleman at the desk was very pleasant and immediately booked me into a room (I hadn't mentioned the problem with self-check-in).

My king-size bed room was spacious for one person and had a satisfactory view of several downtown buildings and the mountains beyond (plus a large construction site...oh, well!). I had desk space for which to use my laptop as well as the option to use wired internet access. The bed itself was very comfortable. Given the 95-degree weather outside, the A/C was already on when I arrived. I was happy, however, to discover an extra blanket and pillow in the closet to keep myself warm at night. The iHome clock radio was an added bonus since I could now play and charge my iPod in the room. An in-room safe was also included for securing my valuables. The closet door had a mounted full-length mirror.

Security was not a major concern at all given the hotel's location downtown. The elevator required keycard access from 10 p.m. until 6 p.m., halls were well-lit, and the room itself had a deadbolt and chain lock.

I took advantage of room service on my 2nd night and had a very pleasant experience. The woman who took my order made some helpful (albeit blatant upselling) suggestions and guaranteed delivery of my food within 45 minutes. The food arrived within 30 minutes and was delivered by a very pleasant and chatty server. The food was very good (I had the smoked cheese quesadillas and the tortilla soup), and I left my tray by my door for pickup the next day.

On clear evenings, I recommend visiting the Peaks bar on the 27th floor for beautiful views of downtown at night.

My particular conference utilized the 4th floor conference rooms, the 3rd floor ballroom, and the 5th floor deck. All venues were nice. The ballroom was absolutely beautiful. I highly recommend the catering options as the food was exceptional (breakfast burritos, fruit, yummy desserts, pasta options, etc.).

I only walked around the area on two occasions, but the hotel does seem to be conveniently located to major attractions. The pedestrian 16th Street Mall is nearby and, as mentioned earlier, there's a Light Rail station one block from the hotel entrance.

One of the best parts of my stay was checkout ONLY because I had the option to check out online on my laptop! I had not yet experienced this very convenient option but definitely took advantage. Basically, Hyatt sent me an email with a link to check out and then emailed me a copy of my final bill. No fuss! I also had the ability to check in for my flight AND print my boarding pass at the hotel concierge desk. Definitely a bonus.

I had only a few minor annoyances about my overall stay:
* There was no refrigerator in the room--a really helpful addition for people staying multiple days.
* Use of the hotel wi-fi required registration with T-Mobile for a HotSpot account. Even though a daypass option was available, it was a bit cumbersome to create a separate registration with T-Mobile.
* Even though a note in the bathroom advertised Hyatt's commitment to the environment by not washing sheets or towels "unless necessary," my housekeeper did replace my towels after the first night. I left her a note asking her not to change my linens until after I checked out, and the problem was immediately resolved.
* Other than the hotel's restaurant and bar, there weren't very many food options within a 2-block radius. There was a Bubba Gump Shrimp Co. restaurant directly across the street for a quick fix.

Overall, I really enjoyed my stay at the Hyatt Regency. If in town again, I'd love to stay here (provided I can afford it!).

• Stayed: July 2008, traveled on business