Hyatt Regency Denver At Colorado Convention Center
GreenLeadersSilver level
Palmdale, California
“Great!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 6, 2008

I stayed here for an AAO convention. It was nice since it is right across the street from the convention center. The rooms were nice, and clean, and the bathrroms too. They had a great bar downstairs. It's also in a nice location. Just a few blocks away you can walk to a street that has all kinds of food, shopping, and night life. There is also a Bubba Gump Shrimp restaurant across the street as well, which was super yummy!!

• Stayed May 2008, traveled on business
2 Thank jhammett17

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (561)
Denver, Colorado
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 30, 2008

I both stayed at and attended a multi-day conference at the Hyatt Regency Denver. My experience was very enjoyable.

Upon arriving at the hotel on foot from the (very close) 16th & California Light Rail station, I stood in a rather long line for check in. I noticed, however, that the desk staff were quickly manning all stations so that guests could be checked in promptly. At that point, I also noticed the self-check-in/check-out station to the left of the desk and decided to take advantage. However, the self-check station informed me that my room was not ready and offered to later contact me via email or text message. It was 2 p.m. at this point and, since I had notified the hotel that I would arrive no later than 1 p.m., I got back in the check-in line and waited about 10 minutes for help. The gentleman at the desk was very pleasant and immediately booked me into a room (I hadn't mentioned the problem with self-check-in).

My king-size bed room was spacious for one person and had a satisfactory view of several downtown buildings and the mountains beyond (plus a large construction site...oh, well!). I had desk space for which to use my laptop as well as the option to use wired internet access. The bed itself was very comfortable. Given the 95-degree weather outside, the A/C was already on when I arrived. I was happy, however, to discover an extra blanket and pillow in the closet to keep myself warm at night. The iHome clock radio was an added bonus since I could now play and charge my iPod in the room. An in-room safe was also included for securing my valuables. The closet door had a mounted full-length mirror.

Security was not a major concern at all given the hotel's location downtown. The elevator required keycard access from 10 p.m. until 6 p.m., halls were well-lit, and the room itself had a deadbolt and chain lock.

I took advantage of room service on my 2nd night and had a very pleasant experience. The woman who took my order made some helpful (albeit blatant upselling) suggestions and guaranteed delivery of my food within 45 minutes. The food arrived within 30 minutes and was delivered by a very pleasant and chatty server. The food was very good (I had the smoked cheese quesadillas and the tortilla soup), and I left my tray by my door for pickup the next day.

On clear evenings, I recommend visiting the Peaks bar on the 27th floor for beautiful views of downtown at night.

My particular conference utilized the 4th floor conference rooms, the 3rd floor ballroom, and the 5th floor deck. All venues were nice. The ballroom was absolutely beautiful. I highly recommend the catering options as the food was exceptional (breakfast burritos, fruit, yummy desserts, pasta options, etc.).

I only walked around the area on two occasions, but the hotel does seem to be conveniently located to major attractions. The pedestrian 16th Street Mall is nearby and, as mentioned earlier, there's a Light Rail station one block from the hotel entrance.

One of the best parts of my stay was checkout ONLY because I had the option to check out online on my laptop! I had not yet experienced this very convenient option but definitely took advantage. Basically, Hyatt sent me an email with a link to check out and then emailed me a copy of my final bill. No fuss! I also had the ability to check in for my flight AND print my boarding pass at the hotel concierge desk. Definitely a bonus.

I had only a few minor annoyances about my overall stay:
* There was no refrigerator in the room--a really helpful addition for people staying multiple days.
* Use of the hotel wi-fi required registration with T-Mobile for a HotSpot account. Even though a daypass option was available, it was a bit cumbersome to create a separate registration with T-Mobile.
* Even though a note in the bathroom advertised Hyatt's commitment to the environment by not washing sheets or towels "unless necessary," my housekeeper did replace my towels after the first night. I left her a note asking her not to change my linens until after I checked out, and the problem was immediately resolved.
* Other than the hotel's restaurant and bar, there weren't very many food options within a 2-block radius. There was a Bubba Gump Shrimp Co. restaurant directly across the street for a quick fix.

Overall, I really enjoyed my stay at the Hyatt Regency. If in town again, I'd love to stay here (provided I can afford it!).

• Liked — Technology offerings (iHome clock, online checkout, e-check-in for flights)
  • Disliked — Lack of food options
  • Stayed July 2008, traveled on business
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank IrishGal21
Chicago, IL
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 26, 2008

Lovely Hyatt hotel, great location right next to convention center and about a block from downtown Denver - 16th Street Mall, near other nice areas to shop and eat. Most notable was how friendly everyone was at the hotel and nearby restaurants.

• Liked — Great location in downtown Denver, friendly people
  • Stayed July 2008, traveled with family
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank CNPH
Tulsa, OK
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 19, 2008

Impeccable service from start to finish. Clean, clean, clean!! Nice people everywhere willing to help with directions and such. Wonderful comfortable beds. Ideal location to downtown mall, free and paid public transportation, sites and restaurants. The breakfast buffet at Altitudes is wonderful; wide variety of continental and hot breakfast items. Yummy way to start the day and not to be missed. Valet parking well worth the extra expense. Downtown Denver is wonderful and this hotel is right in the middle of it all as a shining star!

• Liked — Fantastic location in downtown Denver. Very convenient to LOTS of things to do.
  • Disliked — Not immensely kid-friendly but everyone was very welcoming and friendly. Many things to do outside the hotel for kids.
  • Stayed July 2008, traveled with family
1 Thank pembrokjc
Tulsa, Oklahoma
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 3, 2008

Top-notch hotel. Short distance to nearby 16th street pedestrian mall, where you can get anything and everything.

• Liked — Beautiful building throughout
  • Disliked — Cheap quality flat screen TV
Michigan
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 30, 2008

The Hyatt is a wonderful modern hotel with an interesting design, all of the amenities you have come to expect in a great business hotel, and it is well situated in the city. The staff members are highly professional and polite. The service was flawless. The common areas are beautiful and clean. The rooms are nice and clean and have all of the work space, comfortable desk chair, outlets, and internet connection that I needed to work.

I was pleased to see that the rooms were equipped with a specially marked trash container for recyclable materials.

The elevator cabs each have a flat screen television screen mounted in the rear wall of the cab that show various country scenes. The scenes are very soothing and I couldn't help myself from watching the screens while in the elevator. The fact that the screens are on the rear wall is a little awkward, requiring you to stand sideways or with your back to the doors to watch the screens; but they were a unique treat none-the-less.

Having said all of that, I have three minor complaints. First, the cost to valet park a vehicle is $26.00 per night. I don't know the cost of parking in Denver, but $26.00 seems high. You do get unlimited in and out priviledges with the valet parking.

Secondly, the internet in the rooms, which is not wireless, cost $9.95 per day. I have been in much cheaper hotels around the country that provide wireless interent services for free (it is built into the cost of the room). Some might argue that the internet charges shouldn't be built into the room cost because not every guest will use the internet. That's fine, but $9.95 per day?

Lastly, the rooms come equipped with two bottles of water. I almost cracked the seal on one during my first night, until I saw that each bottle would cost me $6.00! Really? Six dollars for a bottle of water? I drink water constantly, but I was not about to pay $6.00 for water. I walked the two blocks to Walgreens and bought a twelve pack of water for $4.00. I have stayed in hotels with room rates that were half the amount charged for these rooms that provided two free bottles of water per day. It seems to me that a bottle of water can be given to guests.

None of these items made my stay any less enjoyable, but I can't help but wonder why the cost for parking, internet service and water needs to be so high.

• Liked — Clean efficient facility.
  • Disliked — Ancillary charges (parking, internet service, bottled water) seem too high.
2 Thank SEMich
East Troy, WI
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 29, 2008

Was here four nights and really loved the hotel. Very trendy and contemporary. Top notch service from the front desk, enterprise and cleaning staff. Rooms are excellent condition - sort of what you expect at the Hyatt.
However one review states they contracted the stomach flu - makes me wonder as I had it and so didn't my son. Makes me wonder what may be going around there because we were deathly ill.
Overall would recommend this place to anyone!

• Liked — Altitude Restaurant, Atmosphere
  • Disliked — The bar right as you enter in the hotel - especially when you have young children.