Hyatt Regency Denver At Colorado Convention Center
Ranked #11 of 160 Hotels in Denver
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed October 21, 2013

Rooms are standard for this type of facility. The service, however, was very good. From the reception to the need to change a room, through checkout. This faculty trained their people well. The Latino is right next to the convention center, which is very convenient if you have a conference there.

Room Tip: The view from The high rooms in the direction of the mountains is gorgeous.
1  Thank YS1_11
RegencyHyatt, Manager at Hyatt Regency Denver At Colorado Convention Center, responded to this reviewResponded October 21, 2013

Dear YS1_11,
Thanks for the great review! Let me apologize for the state of the rooms, we are currently undergoing a complete hotel wide refresh of our guest rooms and are very excited for it to be complete! Thank you for your great comments regarding our staff. I’m glad everybody here was able to make your stay enjoyable. We can’t wait to have you back!

Reviewed October 20, 2013

The room: The bed was very comfortable, but there was a high pitched hum the entire time, both nights. When I asked if I was near a machine room or could I possibly have a different room, they said they were full and I was out of luck.
The bathroom: The toilet was slow to flush and did not flush completely, you had to flush twice. The tank lid was cracked. There was mold in the grout, in the corners, and on the shower curtain. ON THE SHOWER CURTAIN.
The restaurant: Terrible. We ate there three times over the weekend (captive audience). Not once did our orders come out right. Once, the waiter announced that he'd brought the wrong salad as he set it down, and walked away and did not come back for another 20 minutes.
Today, we went to lunch at 2:15 Sunday afternoon. We were seated quickly. Someone came for our drink orders at 2:29 (after 10 minutes I started checking the clock). Our drinks came at 2:40. Our food came at 3:18. One meal was cold. We didn't see that waitress again, and had to go find someone else to get our check.
They've obviously spent a great deal of money to remodel this place recently; were it mine, I would invest a little extra in keeping the rooms clean and I would absolutely sack my entire restaurant and replace them with actual working employees.

Room Tip: Get a room at one of the three other hotels nearby
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled with friends
2  Thank qqpwpqi
RegencyHyatt, Manager at Hyatt Regency Denver At Colorado Convention Center, responded to this reviewResponded October 24, 2013

Dear Qqpwpqi,
Thank you so much for reviewing the hotel. All of the feedback that you gave us is truly important to ensure that we are providing the service and product that we strive for. I am sorry your experience was disappointing both with your guestroom as well as your dining experience. I have shared your feedback with the appropriate managers so that internal follow up can be done. I hope that you will give Hyatt Hotels and particularly our hotel another chance so that we can show you how important our guests experience is and that we truly take their feedback to heart.
Allison Gegenheimer

Reviewed October 20, 2013

I stayed here with my wife for a relaxing weekend away. The hotel is great. Nice property, centrally located. Room service is pricey, and just OK in quality, but room was clean and spacious enough.

The beds, though, were absolutely HORRIBLE. Like, Futon-horrible. They were awful. I though it was just me, but my wife couldn't sleep at all either. The front desk was nice enough to give me $20 off my stay after he apologized, saying that some rooms had not yet been renovated. We went to get away from the kids and get a good night's sleep, but in the end, we couldn't wait to get home and sleep in our own bed.

It's a great hotel, but make sure that you get a room with a good bed. Otherwise, it's not worth it no matter what.

Room Tip: Pick a room with a new bed.
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 18, 2013

Stayed one night at the Hyatt Regency Denver at Colorado Convention Center. Beautiful Building, Great staff. Our only complaint is the bed was so hard we could not get a good nights sleep and were sore the next morning. A Hotel has three obligations to its guest:
1. Nice decor
2. Courteous service
3. A good nights sleep in a comfortable bed

The Hyatt met two of the three

Room Tip: Ask if something can be done to make the bed softer
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank DelrayRalph

Dear DelrayRalph,
Thanks for your review. Let me apologize that your stay with us was anything less than perfect. I can absolutely understand how an uncomfortable bed can ruin a guest’s stay. We are currently undergoing a complete hotel wide room renovation which will incorporate new beds in all of our guest rooms. Thank you for your great comments regarding our staff, they are always a pleasure to hear. I hope we get the chance to have you back after the refresh and make up for your less than desirable stay.

Reviewed October 18, 2013

I stayed at the Denver Hyatt in October for a conference and I was very impressed. The hotel is greatly located to all major attractions, restaurants, and shopping. The staff was very friendly and professional, helping me to find the way in the city. My room was impressive as well. The hotel style has modern style.Free internet at the conference makes it the best location for big corporate events.

1  Thank yuris63

Dear yuris63,
Thanks for the great review! I’m so glad everything surrounding the property was easy and fun for you to utilize! I truly appreciate your comments regarding the staff. They are always a pleasure to hear. I’m glad you were able to fully enjoy your conference and I hope we get the chance to have you back again!

Reviewed October 17, 2013

I stayed at the Denver Hyatt in September for a conference and i found the place very impressive. The location is great - you are near all major attractions, restaurants, and nightlife. The staff was very helpful, even helping me to map a run in the city. My room was impressive as well. The hotel must have been updated recently since the room had a very modern feel and look. I really liked the automatic nightlights around the bed that helped to find the bathroom in the middle of the night. I had free internet while at the conference and it worked everywhere in the hotel and conference center.

Room Tip: I had a corner room and it was excellent. If you are on one of the higher floors, you will have a g...
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank slusarzj
RegencyHyatt, Manager at Hyatt Regency Denver At Colorado Convention Center, responded to this reviewResponded October 19, 2013

Dear Slusarzj,

Thank you for your amazing review! I am so happy to see that you were able to take advantage of our great location in downtown. I want to thank you for your kind comments about our staff and guest rooms. I hope we can welcome you back again soon.

Jackie Franke

Reviewed October 14, 2013

The Hyatt Regency Denver is located in an absolutely perfect location for access to the Convention Center and downtown. It's also very close to the 16th St Pedestrian mall.

I was immediately greeted with a smile when I went to check in--and was allowed to check in early--around 12 noon--without a problem. Was great to be able to drop bags and quickly change from my flight.

The room itself--nothing terribly special: comfy bed, good working desk. My two complaints about the room: no outlets near the bed (where else am I going to charge my phone overnight?), and an HDTV that only receives a non-HD signal (seriously, why even bother with the TVs if you are not going to wire the TV for HD).

Room service was quick. Food was not bad--but not great either...

Overall, a good experience. Thanks for 2 solid nights.