“Nice property, horrible beds...”

Hyatt Regency Denver At Colorado Convention Center
Ranked #12 of 160 Hotels in Denver
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed October 20, 2013

I stayed here with my wife for a relaxing weekend away. The hotel is great. Nice property, centrally located. Room service is pricey, and just OK in quality, but room was clean and spacious enough.

The beds, though, were absolutely HORRIBLE. Like, Futon-horrible. They were awful. I though it was just me, but my wife couldn't sleep at all either. The front desk was nice enough to give me $20 off my stay after he apologized, saying that some rooms had not yet been renovated. We went to get away from the kids and get a good night's sleep, but in the end, we couldn't wait to get home and sleep in our own bed.

It's a great hotel, but make sure that you get a room with a good bed. Otherwise, it's not worth it no matter what.

Room Tip: Pick a room with a new bed.
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
Write a ReviewReviews (4,589)

Reviewed October 18, 2013

Stayed one night at the Hyatt Regency Denver at Colorado Convention Center. Beautiful Building, Great staff. Our only complaint is the bed was so hard we could not get a good nights sleep and were sore the next morning. A Hotel has three obligations to its guest:
1. Nice decor
2. Courteous service
3. A good nights sleep in a comfortable bed

The Hyatt met two of the three

Room Tip: Ask if something can be done to make the bed softer
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank DelrayRalph
RegencyHyatt, Manager at Hyatt Regency Denver At Colorado Convention Center, responded to this reviewResponded October 21, 2013

Dear DelrayRalph,
Thanks for your review. Let me apologize that your stay with us was anything less than perfect. I can absolutely understand how an uncomfortable bed can ruin a guest’s stay. We are currently undergoing a complete hotel wide room renovation which will incorporate new beds in all of our guest rooms. Thank you for your great comments regarding our staff, they are always a pleasure to hear. I hope we get the chance to have you back after the refresh and make up for your less than desirable stay.
Stephen Benedict

Reviewed October 18, 2013

I stayed at the Denver Hyatt in October for a conference and I was very impressed. The hotel is greatly located to all major attractions, restaurants, and shopping. The staff was very friendly and professional, helping me to find the way in the city. My room was impressive as well. The hotel style has modern style.Free internet at the conference makes it the best location for big corporate events.

1  Thank yuris63

Dear yuris63,
Thanks for the great review! I’m so glad everything surrounding the property was easy and fun for you to utilize! I truly appreciate your comments regarding the staff. They are always a pleasure to hear. I’m glad you were able to fully enjoy your conference and I hope we get the chance to have you back again!
Stephen Benedict

Reviewed October 17, 2013

I stayed at the Denver Hyatt in September for a conference and i found the place very impressive. The location is great - you are near all major attractions, restaurants, and nightlife. The staff was very helpful, even helping me to map a run in the city. My room was impressive as well. The hotel must have been updated recently since the room had a very modern feel and look. I really liked the automatic nightlights around the bed that helped to find the bathroom in the middle of the night. I had free internet while at the conference and it worked everywhere in the hotel and conference center.

Room Tip: I had a corner room and it was excellent. If you are on one of the higher floors, you will have a g...
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank slusarzj
RegencyHyatt, Manager at Hyatt Regency Denver At Colorado Convention Center, responded to this reviewResponded October 19, 2013

Dear Slusarzj,

Thank you for your amazing review! I am so happy to see that you were able to take advantage of our great location in downtown. I want to thank you for your kind comments about our staff and guest rooms. I hope we can welcome you back again soon.

Reviewed October 14, 2013

The Hyatt Regency Denver is located in an absolutely perfect location for access to the Convention Center and downtown. It's also very close to the 16th St Pedestrian mall.

I was immediately greeted with a smile when I went to check in--and was allowed to check in early--around 12 noon--without a problem. Was great to be able to drop bags and quickly change from my flight.

The room itself--nothing terribly special: comfy bed, good working desk. My two complaints about the room: no outlets near the bed (where else am I going to charge my phone overnight?), and an HDTV that only receives a non-HD signal (seriously, why even bother with the TVs if you are not going to wire the TV for HD).

Room service was quick. Food was not bad--but not great either...

Overall, a good experience. Thanks for 2 solid nights.

Reviewed October 12, 2013

We stayed here 4 nights recently for a conference. Let me preface by saying that we almost always stay at Hilton properties as we are Hilton Diamond Members. But since this was the conference hotel with preferred rates, we stayed here instead. On our first morning, we woke to the sounds of construction hammering away in an adjacent room at 7 am. We called the front desk immediately and Austin arranged to have us moved to another room. Not only did he move us to a quiet room, we were upgraded to a Regency Club floor and given access to the Regency Club for breakfast, snacks and evening hors d'oeuvres, for our inconvenience. Now that's what I call service!!! Kudos to Austin! The bellman who helped us move, Steve, was a totally "at your service" professional. The following day, the assistant manager called to ask if everything was OK with the new room and if there was anything else she could do for us. Needed some information about local attractions and the concierge was extremely helpful. At the end of our stay, we asked about a late check-out and Bethany gave us til 1:00 at no charge. We were completely satisfied and totally impressed by the level of service at this hotel. May have even been better than the service we have received at some Hiltons, even as Diamond Members!!! Would stay here again, no question, when in Denver! It is a beautiful, clean hotel with outstanding customer service. Rooms are spacious, housekeeping is extremely attentive, it is one block from the 16th street pedestrian mall with plenty of shopping, restaurants and entertainment (nice movie theater). It's an easy one hour drive from all the attraction in Colorado Springs (Pike's Peak) and about the same to the north and Estes Park and Rocky Mountain National Park. You will be very happy if you choose this hotel in downtown Denver!

2  Thank tripsahoy16
RegencyHyatt, Manager at Hyatt Regency Denver At Colorado Convention Center, responded to this reviewResponded October 14, 2013

DearTripsahoy16,

Thank you for your amazing review and feedback! I am sorry to hear that your first night in the hotel was not desirable, but I am so happy to see that the issue was addressed and solved immediately. It is so wonderful to hear those great comments about Austin and Steve I will be sure to pass those along. Thank you for you kind words and we can’t wait to welcome you back again soon!!

Reviewed October 10, 2013

We stayed at this Hyatt Hotel for four nights at the end of September/beginning of October. The hotel is beautiful, clean, perfect location next to the 16th Ave Mall (outdoor shopping boulevard) and next to the Convention Center. Although everything at the hotel is wonderful, the most notable aspect of this hotel is their customer service. In one word: Unbelievable! Our room was very nice, but after our first night's sleep I woke up with a backache from a drooping mattress. I didn't want to complain, but I did want to ask if there were other rooms with firmer beds. On our way out for the day, I presented this question to the reservation desk and the very nice lady said they will either place a board underneath the mattress or determine whether the mattress needed to be replaced. She said she would contact the hotel manager to resolve the issue. In no way did I want to cause any problems, I just thought I'd inquire. When we returned late that night there was a message from "Steven", the assistant manager, apologizing for our less than par mattress. He explained that at 3:00 pm that day they came into our room and replaced the mattress!! I couldn't believe it!! That was above and beyond making your customer happy. I left a voice mail for the assistant manager thanking him, and then I called him again in the morning to tell him how wonderfully I slept on the new mattress. He was again apologetic and very, very kind and professional. I realize that hotel mattresses will wear down with use, but never did I expect that the mattress would be replaced to accommodate my needs! This service was outstanding! Before we arrived in Denver I had contemplated changing our hotel to a location that was closer to our family. I am so glad we did not change! Steven's customer service should be a model for other hotels. His generosity and kindness exceeded any experience I've ever had! He bent over backwards for us and was incredibly accommodating! I would also like to mention a concierge named Jamie. She searched and searched for a nail salon that did acrylic nails .. She made several phone inquiries and then followed up with me on my cell phone. Her diligence was unbelievable! Clearly, this service is consistent with the entire staff at this hotel. I intend to visit Denver again now that my family has moved there and I will never stay anywhere else. This is the only hotel I will consider in Denver. Amazing! This is the whole package; unbelievable service with such a pleasant staff AND a beautiful, comfortable hotel in a terrific location! I would give this hotel more than five stars if it was possible!

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Sylk206
RegencyHyatt, Manager at Hyatt Regency Denver At Colorado Convention Center, responded to this reviewResponded October 12, 2013

Dear Sylk206,

Thank you for your amazing review and feedback! I am sorry to hear that your first night’s sleep was not up to standards, but I am so thrilled that we were able to take care of the mattress right away and ensure that you were satisfied and sleeping well. Thank you for your wonderful comments about Stephen and Jamie, those are always great to hear and I will be sure to pass along your kind words. It is so amazing to hear that we will now be your hotel of choice when visiting Denver. We can’t wait to welcome you back on your next visit.