“My favorite hotel in Denver”

Hyatt Regency Denver At Colorado Convention Center
Ranked #9 of 157 Hotels in Denver
GreenLeadersSilver level
Berthoud, Colorado
“My favorite hotel in Denver”
Reviewed September 15, 2013

I travel to Denver on a regular basis and have stayed at many of the hotels and have to say this is the best of them all! The staff is amazing, the location is great, the price is always right on with the area, the drinks and food are wonderful! I have nothing bad to say about any of my times staying here. Actually just booked several more rooms for my daughters 16th birthday. I can trust that they will make it a great birthday for her!

Room Tip: Top floors worth the extra money just for the views
1 Thank April B
RegencyHyatt, Manager at Hyatt Regency Denver At Colorado Convention Center, responded to this review, September 16, 2013
Dear April B,
Thanks for the great review! We absolutely like to think we are among the best hotels in downtown Denver and I’m glad you agree! We pride ourselves on our service and location. I’m glad this hotel was nothing but perfect for you. I can’t wait to have you back for your daughter’s birthday, we hope it’s a good one!
Best,
Stephen Benedict
Hotel Assistant Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (585)
Mumbai, Maharashtra, India
Reviewed September 14, 2013

Happened to stay for 5 days here and found it to be better of US hotels stayed till date. Rooms are spacious and clean, service very good. Only point that can be worked on is for breakfast tables at Altitude where to my surprise I found lot of waiting and we could see many unoccupied tables inside.
Bang opposite convention center that makes it very cool for those attending conferences.

Room Tip: Higher the better
Perth, Western Australia
Reviewed September 13, 2013

We stayed for two nights at the start of September and we paid for an upgrade to (as I recall) a Deluxe King room. When we booked, we requested the e-standby upgrade for US$29 but on arrival, because this was the Labor Day long weekend, we ended up paying $50 which also gave us access to the Regency Club. We have stayed in a number of Hyatt hotels over the years and considered these costs to be high but with the standard of the Regency Club to be below those we have experienced elsewhere. In fairness to the management of the hotel, we made this view known on departure and we were refunded the cost of parking for one of the two nights and our views were accepted.
The location of the hotel was excellent and the standard of cleanliness of the room could not be faulted, however, again in comparison with other Hyatts' the fittings in the rooms (or at least in ours) were tired and not as well presented as the very up-market and trendy public areas.
While we did decide to use the hotel parking, as I was unsure how hard it would be to get parking elsewhere over the long-weekend and knew we had a very early start for the airport on the Sunday morning, we found many parking areas within close proximity offering parking at around $9.00 per night. I strongly suggest looking at that option before committing to the valet parking.
Overall, we considered the location to be excellent but the hotel was, in our opinion, not up to the standards we have come to expect with a Hyatt Regency.

Room Tip: On reading other reviews, it is possible some rooms have been refurbished and some not. I suggest e...
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
US
Reviewed September 13, 2013

This hotel is within steps of the Denver Convention Center, so location could not be better if attending a meeting. The lobby is modern and smart. Check-in was outstanding with Alanna. I was quickly given the room type and floor I asked for, without the usual front desk runaround you get in other hotels.
The room was modern, updated and clean. Very quiet and great AC. When the room is so great you can only offer a few minor suggestions for improvement: 1) I would have appreciated a plug by the nightstand, and 2) I missed the semi-circular shower rods that give you a bit of extra space in the shower.
Conference and meeting facilities were great.
Now the reason I only gave the hotel a 4/5: The breakfast buffet was simply horrible. I tried it twice and both times it was understocked (starting off with already very few food choices) and dirty with dirty serving utensils and food drippings all over. Definitely not worth it.This is in contrast to the quick and great service and food I found at lunch ordering from the menu.

Room Tip: Rooms in the 40s have good street orientation and minimal noise.
Montreal, Canada
Reviewed September 11, 2013

Stayed on the 32nd floor. Room had a great view of the mountains, downtown and stadium. Great evening bar on the 27th. Very clean and pretty rooms. The lobby and atrium are spectacular. We conducted our friendly meetings there and was great. Breakfast buffet is very good and fresh. Would go back for sure!

• Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
2 Thank MFracus
RegencyHyatt, Manager at Hyatt Regency Denver At Colorado Convention Center, responded to this review, September 12, 2013
Dear MFarcus,

Thank you for your excellent review. I am so happy that you were able to have a spectacular view from your guest room. It sounds like you enjoyed our Peaks lounge and restaurants. I am so happy to hear that we will have a chance to welcome you back in the future.

Jackie Franke
Livonia, Michigan
Reviewed September 10, 2013

This is a very new property across the street from the Colorado Convention Center. The lobby is spacious and well appointed and the rooms are very comfortable. The staff was very responsive and made this business trip to Denver a breeze.

Room Tip: Go for a high floor with a view of the mountains, low floors get to hear the ding ding ding ding din...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
2 Thank TK2012114
RegencyHyatt, Manager at Hyatt Regency Denver At Colorado Convention Center, responded to this review, September 11, 2013
Dear TK2012114,
Thanks for the wonderful review. I am glad our staff and property was able to make your experience nice and easy! The proximity to the Convention Center definitely makes our hotel one of the top choices for convention goers, and we appreciate your support. We hope you will choose to stay with us the next time you are in Denver!
Allison Gegenheimer
Bethel, Vermont, United States
Reviewed September 9, 2013

The Hyatt Regency at the Denver Convention Center was average at best. The location was perfect, the staff was great. However, the room was just another cookie cutter hotel room. The air conditioning was either too cold or too hot, difficult to sleep through. The lamp on the desk was damaged, apparently dropped on several occasions. The bathroom, nothing special.
Worst of all, the hotel does not carry AMC channel, thank god I was recording Breaking Bad at home. I forgot my jacket in the room closet, contacted the Hyatt the same day we checked out, have not heard from them regarding this. We did get a special "end of Summer" rate, which was the only reason we stayed at this hotel.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
RegencyHyatt, Manager at Hyatt Regency Denver At Colorado Convention Center, responded to this review, September 10, 2013
Dear Lynne,

Thank you for your review and your feedback. I am very disappointed to hear that we did not exceed your expectations while you were here. I am truly sorry to hear that the room temperature was not comfortable for you and that the lamp in the room was broken. We do have a room renovation planned for the end of the year and I believe this will address most of your concerns. I apologize that we do not offer your preferred television channels and I can assure you that your comments do not go unnoticed. Please feel free to contact the Hotel Assistant Manager directly regarding the lost and found and we would be happy to look into this for you. Thank you again for your comments and feedback.

Jackie Franke