“Beautiful hotel, excellent location”

Hyatt Regency Denver At Colorado Convention Center
Ranked #8 of 156 Hotels in Denver
GreenLeadersSilver level
Tulsa, Oklahoma
“Beautiful hotel, excellent location”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 3, 2008

Top-notch hotel. Short distance to nearby 16th street pedestrian mall, where you can get anything and everything.

• Liked — Beautiful building throughout
  • Disliked — Cheap quality flat screen TV
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (569)
Michigan
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 30, 2008

The Hyatt is a wonderful modern hotel with an interesting design, all of the amenities you have come to expect in a great business hotel, and it is well situated in the city. The staff members are highly professional and polite. The service was flawless. The common areas are beautiful and clean. The rooms are nice and clean and have all of the work space, comfortable desk chair, outlets, and internet connection that I needed to work.

I was pleased to see that the rooms were equipped with a specially marked trash container for recyclable materials.

The elevator cabs each have a flat screen television screen mounted in the rear wall of the cab that show various country scenes. The scenes are very soothing and I couldn't help myself from watching the screens while in the elevator. The fact that the screens are on the rear wall is a little awkward, requiring you to stand sideways or with your back to the doors to watch the screens; but they were a unique treat none-the-less.

Having said all of that, I have three minor complaints. First, the cost to valet park a vehicle is $26.00 per night. I don't know the cost of parking in Denver, but $26.00 seems high. You do get unlimited in and out priviledges with the valet parking.

Secondly, the internet in the rooms, which is not wireless, cost $9.95 per day. I have been in much cheaper hotels around the country that provide wireless interent services for free (it is built into the cost of the room). Some might argue that the internet charges shouldn't be built into the room cost because not every guest will use the internet. That's fine, but $9.95 per day?

Lastly, the rooms come equipped with two bottles of water. I almost cracked the seal on one during my first night, until I saw that each bottle would cost me $6.00! Really? Six dollars for a bottle of water? I drink water constantly, but I was not about to pay $6.00 for water. I walked the two blocks to Walgreens and bought a twelve pack of water for $4.00. I have stayed in hotels with room rates that were half the amount charged for these rooms that provided two free bottles of water per day. It seems to me that a bottle of water can be given to guests.

None of these items made my stay any less enjoyable, but I can't help but wonder why the cost for parking, internet service and water needs to be so high.

• Liked — Clean efficient facility.
  • Disliked — Ancillary charges (parking, internet service, bottled water) seem too high.
2 Thank SEMich
East Troy, WI
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 29, 2008

Was here four nights and really loved the hotel. Very trendy and contemporary. Top notch service from the front desk, enterprise and cleaning staff. Rooms are excellent condition - sort of what you expect at the Hyatt.
However one review states they contracted the stomach flu - makes me wonder as I had it and so didn't my son. Makes me wonder what may be going around there because we were deathly ill.
Overall would recommend this place to anyone!

• Liked — Altitude Restaurant, Atmosphere
  • Disliked — The bar right as you enter in the hotel - especially when you have young children.
Roseville, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 16, 2008

I booked this hotel through Priceline and got a great deal. It was my first Priceline booking ever and I was pleasantly surprised at what I got. I paid about 1/3 of the regular price.

The Hyatt is very conveniently located to downtown Denver. It is just one block from the popular 16th Street Mall and within walking distance of the Denver Mint, several museums, and the Denver Convention Center. A quick ride on the free 16th Street Mall shuttle will take you to places like Union Station, Six Flags Elitch Gardens, the Denver Aquarium, and all three major stadiums.

The hotel is adjacent to the light rail which can take you to more distant destinations.

I stayed at the Hyatt after a two-day train ride to Denver from California. The train was fun, but having a comfy bed, shower, and a quiet room upon arrival was a real plus.

Check-in was a breeze. The front desk has an array of self-check-in kiosks. Simply slide your credit card through and within a minute you'll get a set of room keys and receipts. Likewise, check-out was easy; I did it through the TV.

Internet access is $10 per day, whether you use wireless or wired. They do have a computer for printing out boarding passes at the concierge desk which you can use for free, however.

Everything else will cost you an arm and a leg. The in-room bottle of water is $6. A soda at the Starbucks in the lobby is $3.50. I didn't try the hotel's restaurant, opting instead for local eateries nearby.

Getting to and from the airport is just $19 via SuperShuttle.

For the business traveller willing to pay top dollar, this is a great hotel. For the budget-conscious, it's probably well out of your reach unless you can get a good price through some other means.

• Liked — Location, quality
  • Disliked — Price of good for purchase
  • Stayed June 2008, traveled solo
3 Thank snapster
Salt Lake City, Utah
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 15, 2008

My wife and I stayed at this Hyatt on a Thursday and Friday evening with our main purpose in Denver seeing an opera at the performing arts center. We've been pleased with our finds on TripAdvisor which is how we picked this hotel. It was further down on the top hotels list but was significantly cheaper than the others that were higher up.

It had been a while since I had last stayed at a Hyatt and found good and bad with this stay. The bad things were a shower faucet handle that was cranked so tight that I thought I was going to break it trying to turn it on. Also the piping for the shower head was angled towards the wall (I guess by some creative plumber) so that you never had the spray hitting your body straight on.

My biggest complaint comes from be wakened a couple times one night by other guests conversing in the hallway in the wee hours. I think adults should know better to keep their voices down in hotel hallways, but there also seemed very little structurally to block the noise between the halls and the rooms.

Finally there was the TV. Usually this would not be something I would comment on but the picture on this flat-screen Samsung was so bad you could see individual pixels across the room--very surprising for a business hotel.

The good parts of the stay included $20 in food and beverage credit with each night, self check-in in the lobby and a good location. But the big winners here are undoubtedly the architects and designers who have created a beautiful property that should work well for decades to come. It is light and airy and doesn't feel over-designed.

I have a feeling that my stay could have been nicer if I were in a different room. I would consider staying here again since it was significantly cheaper than other places I investigated but would request a room as far away from the elevators as possible to minimize late-night yackers passing by my room.

• Liked — decor
  • Disliked — noise in hallways
  • Stayed June 2008, traveled as a couple
Chandler, Arizona
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 11, 2008

This hotel is located in the LoDo neighborhood, very central to sightseeing. We walked to the 16th Street Mall, Larimer Square and Coors Field. The room was spotless, had a very comfortable bed and a spacious bathroom. The decor throughout the hotel was modern and funky, and definitely upscale. There was really cool art work all over the lobby and public areas. The elevators even had TV screens with some sort of "moving painting" displayed. There was a good coffee shop on the ground floor as well as a bar. The big highlight for us though was The Peaks Lounge on the 27th floor. They had great sandwiches, reasonably priced wine flights and a spectacular view of Denver! I felt that the hotel was a great bargain. We got a price of around $120 a night (weekend), it must be that they mostly handle business travelers during the week so they give deep discounts on the weekends. I don't think I've ever stayed at a hotel this nice for that cheap. The only minor complaint I have was about the parking. It's a bit of a pain to find a spot in the garage, you need to use your room key to get in and out (which sometimes didn't work), and it's a bit overpriced. Overall though, I think this hotel is a great find. It's got way more personality than many other business-class hotels!

• Liked — location, great decor, wonderful views from the lounge
  • Disliked — parking
  • Stayed June 2008, traveled with friends
Indiana
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 8, 2008

This hotel is cross the 14th street from the convention center, has the best gym and pool I have ever seen in a hotel. The Altitude Restaurant inside the hotel is nice, there is also a cafe selling bakery and starbucks coffee. Clean nice room. it is the right place to stay except it is a littile pricy.

• Liked — Location and facility
  • Disliked — price
Thank Zh.Ou.