“Still a great hotel”

Hyatt Regency Denver At Colorado Convention Center
Ranked #13 of 160 Hotels in Denver
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed August 26, 2013

This was a second trip to this hotel for business. The rooms are very nice and kept clean. What makes this hotel great is the staff. They are very nice and willing to help out with any situation. We held an event here with weeklong classes and about 900 attending and all the events the hotel had to deal with for us during the week went well. Additionally the location with the short walk to the downtown mall area and restaurants make this a great spot.

Room Tip: Get a high floor for some great views.
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled on business
Write a ReviewReviews (4,552)

Reviewed August 25, 2013

My husband and I stayed here two nights while in Denver for sightseeing. I had stayed a year ago alone and felt so comfortable, we decided to return. Though some may characterize it as a "businessmen's hotel", in terms of efficiencies and services, that is a compliment. Check-in was easy. The lobby's art is colorful and fun, especially a piece depicting rock climbers. It is sleek, clean and bustling with activity without being chaotic. Service is excellent without seeming "hovering". The hotel is well located--an easy walk from the 16th St. mall, visitors bureau, performing arts center and convention center. Taxis are plentiful. Rooms are comfortable with good views. The price was reasonable for the high quality.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
RegencyHyatt, Manager at Hyatt Regency Denver At Colorado Convention Center, responded to this reviewResponded August 28, 2013

Dear NewYorkCityJoan,

Thank you for your wonderful review! I truly appreciate your comments about our wonderful staff and beautiful lobby. It sounds like you enjoyed our excellent location to downtown, and I am so thrilled that we were able to exceed your expectations. We can’t wait to welcome you back soon!

Reviewed August 23, 2013

This was my first stay at the Hyatt Convention Center, I am normally at the Grand Hyatt. I think I like this one better. Room was clean and comfortable. They have a great breakfast buffet: lots of options including "design your own omelette" and yogurt parfaits. The server was funny and attentive, even on a busy morning. Then, they have an awesome lounge on the top floor of the hotel with a most inspiring view of the mountains. Nice to unwind and enjoy some wine and an artisan cheese plate. Thanks for a great stay - I'll be back.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled on business
RegencyHyatt, Manager at Hyatt Regency Denver At Colorado Convention Center, responded to this reviewResponded August 30, 2013

Dear Anne T,

I am so happy to hear that you are a loyal Hyatt customer. I am thrilled that you enjoyed your stay with us. It sounds like you had a wonderful breakfast experience and we able to enjoy the breathtaking views from our peaks lounge. It is so great that we will be able to welcome you back!

Reviewed August 22, 2013

I had a nicely furnished room on the 23rd floor facing the city with the mountains in the distant background (Denver is further from the mountains than I thought.). The view was spectacular from that height. The amenities provided for the conference were outstanding. I called room service for dinner because I was jut too tired to go out. Prices are high but the food was excellent. I recommend the Fried Pickles from the appetizer menu and the Valrohna chocolate Brownie for dessert (very rich and enough to share). The Altitude Restaurant served a very nice buffet lunch for $14.95, a much better deal than the Regular menu burger which was $14 all by itself. Again, the food was very good with a full salad bar, chicken, burgers, grilled tomato/cheese sandwiches and more succulent desserts. The buffet comes with one non-alcoholic drink of your choice, after that you either pay $ or drink water, which isn't a bad idea since you need more in that dry climate. On a scale of 1 to 10, I rate my experience a 10....room, food, staff all an A+.

Stayed: August 2013, traveled on business
RegencyHyatt, Manager at Hyatt Regency Denver At Colorado Convention Center, responded to this reviewResponded August 25, 2013

Dear Karen,

Thank you for your wonderful review!! I am so happy to hear that you enjoyed your conference here in Denver. It sounds like you were able to enjoy some of our wonderful dining options. That food is truly excellent. The views from the top floors are spectacular and I am so thrilled you were able to enjoy that. We look forward to welcoming you back in the future!

Reviewed August 21, 2013

Stayed at the convention for a business trip. The gym was fantastic. Service in the lounge was good, but they seemed to be understaffed for the volume. Breakfast in Altitude was a little pricey, but very good. Friends said that the view from floors 27th and up was very nice of the mountains.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled on business
RegencyHyatt, Manager at Hyatt Regency Denver At Colorado Convention Center, responded to this reviewResponded August 22, 2013

Dear Biscuitandcookie,

Thanks for the great review! I’m glad you were able to fully enjoy your business trip. It’s great our gym was easy for you to use. I appreciate your comments regarding the staffing and prices from our F&B departments, I can assure you they do not go unnoticed. I hope we get the chance to have you again!

Stephen Benedict

Reviewed August 21, 2013 via mobile

I stayed here completely alone (not my favorite way to stay at a hotel). But the upscale service made the stay amazing and I forgot I hated being by myself. I got my rate via Priceline. I had a great view of downtown and the mountains. Walked to TAG for dinner on Lamaar St in 15 min. Got an incredible massage the next morning. The only negative was my fruit parfait from room service in the am was "eh". Other than that I will totally come back here b

• Stayed: August 2013

Dear Kaiyasmom,

Thanks for the great review! I’m glad we were able to make your stay comfortable and help you forget about the fact that you were alone. We do try to make each and every guest feel like they are in their comfort zone. TAG is a great place to eat and I’m glad it was easy to get to for you! I appreciate your comments regarding the parfait I can assure you they do not go unnoticed. I hope we get to have you back again!

Stephen Benedict

Reviewed August 20, 2013

We stayed at the Denver Hyatt @ the Colorado Convention Center and were very pleased with our stay. The service was excellent, the room was well appointed, beds comfortable and the view from our room on the 32nd floor was fabulous! If you like to exercise when travelling the Denver Hyatt @CCC has an excellent fitness facility. Great range of cardio machines and an excellent weight room with a good mix of free weights, machines and pulleys. The indoor swimming pool was set up like a lap pool and while I'm not sure it was 25yds it certainly was a lot longer than a regular hotel pool.

The hotel location is within easy walking distance of most Denver restaurants and city attractions. It is a bit tricky finding the parking garage if you are unfamiliar with the town. In which case I would recommend pulling into the drop off area and ask a hotel rep.

I would absolutely stay here again.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
RegencyHyatt, Manager at Hyatt Regency Denver At Colorado Convention Center, responded to this reviewResponded August 21, 2013

Dear SmileyJane33,

Thank you for your wonderful review. I am so happy that you had a chance to use our fitness center and take in the spectacular amenities it has to offer. I am thrilled you were able to enjoy our great location, and we can’t wait to welcome you back again soon!