Hyatt Regency Denver At Colorado Convention Center
GreenLeadersSilver level
Lima, Lima, Peru
“very nice stay”
Reviewed April 21, 2013

we stay during saint patricks weekend, we choose this hotel because of location it is so close to everything! 16th street mall is just one block away, front desk staff is very friendly and helpfull, concierge is also great. The rooms are not that big, nice beds though, supper clean and they got turndown service. over all a great hotel.

Room Tip: choose a higher floor, view is worth it. Ask concierge for deals, we got like six free beer coupon...
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank Anahit M

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (589)
Mount Sterling, Kentucky
Reviewed April 21, 2013

We stayed for 5 nights at this hotel during a Convention in April. Aside from the snow and 10-17 degree temperatures that Denver brought the hotel was a wonderful way to spend your evenings!

Let me first say each and every restaurant at this hotel and I used each of them were wonderful. The food was so fresh and beautifully plated, as well as very tasty. The nachos in the bar downstairs were great with a beer while watching a ballgame. The Altitude restaurant has a great breakfast buffet and lunch. We had cocktails in the lounge on the 27th floor with a nice view of the city and mountains in the distance. You could also get food at the bar and it was tasty as well. Sliders and other appetizers as well as deserts were available. My room was also on the 27th floor which was nice.

They also have PERKS which is a Starbucks 24/7 place to get your coffee/snacks, soda, water and toiletry items. The hotel and most surrounding vending machines had PEPSI products...which I Love and really appreciate. Diet Mtn Dew anyone?????

The gym was the BEST by far of any hotel gym I've seen. The 10+ EFX machines and 10+ treadmills were the kind that have the TV screen on the monitor. Bring your headphones, or use the ones offered there for free at the gym. The gym also had an outside hot tub that is covered. A large lap pool for swimming (inside).

The rooms were very comfortable with a 36 or bigger flat screen TV. A large comfortable chair by the picture window. Beds were super comfortable. There was a nice desk that pulled out on rollers from underneath another "desk like" surface that you could roll around the room, to sit by the lounge chair or to view the outside from the window. There was a coffee machine that used the individual cups to make coffee. Coffee and hot tea bags were supplied. I used the hot water function to make hot tea. Very Nice! Aside from soap, shampoo and conditioner, you also received free toothpaste as a toiletry. I stayed in room 2713 and had a wonderful view of the mountains.

Only thing there was no Refrigerator in the room. I prefer soda in the morning instead of coffee, therefore I had to buy a cooler to keep it cold.

The hotel is literally across the street from the convention center so even if the weather is bad, you don't have too far to walk.

Outside the hotel we had dinner at Maggianos Italian Eatery, Cheesecake Factory and Prime Steakhouse. All were excellent.

There is a mall two blocks away with H&M, Barnes & Noble, as well as jewelry, makeup and other stores. There is also the 16th street mall which is the length of 16th street for several blocks. Walgreens is 3 blocks away from the hotel on 16th. There is also a TJ Maxx, Ross Dress store and several other stores along the way! Nice shopping!

This hotel rivals the nicest hotels I've stayed in Las Vegas...only on a smaller scale. I would definitely stay here again!

Room Tip: 27th floor for great view of mountains and access to Bar on that floor. You can also get food at th...
2 Thank retire17
RegencyHyatt, Manager at Hyatt Regency Denver At Colorado Convention Center, responded to this review, April 26, 2013
Dear Retire17,

Thank you for the wonderful review! It’s always great to hear back from guests who have enjoyed their stay. Thank you for your comments regarding our restaurants on property as well as our fitness center. We always appreciate positive comments and your detailed response was a great read! I also want to thank you for your comment about a fridge not being in the room, this is something we are looking into and truly appreciate your feedback on the matter. I’m glad our positioning downtown was convenient for both your conference and leisure needs. Hopefully we will have the opportunity to serve you again!

Stephen Benedict
Houston
Reviewed April 20, 2013

From the time they opened my car door until the time we left, the staff at the Hyatt Regency was friendly, helpful, and eager to make our stay a pleasant occasion. The breakfast buffet was delicious. It was the perfect hotel because the conference center was just across the street.

• Stayed April 2013
1 Thank HoustonShutterbug
Dear HoustonShutterbug,

Thank you for the wonderful review! We appreciate your positive feedback regarding our breakfast buffet and staff here at the Hyatt Regency Denver. It’s always a pleasure to hear good things back from our guests. We hope to see you again here soon!

Stephen Benedict
Livonia, Michigan
Reviewed April 19, 2013

Used Priceline and feel we got an excellent price (Friday night with no convention), and we were not treated like a priceline customer. Very friendly help at check in, a manager was visible assisting when the line was more than 2 (assisting people at using the self-service kiosks which I do not use). We were given a choice between a room with a king size bed or a room with a view. We chose a room with a view and it was a fantastic view of the mountains! The consierge was very helpful making reservations for us for dinner, and providing some local reviews of the area (there are a lot of homeless visible on the streets of Denver). On our check-out day the staff extended our parking for free until 3 pm and also recommended a the Lariat Loop for a drive before we had to be at the airport (which I recommend). The room had a nice TV, comfortable sitting chair and computer chair. The bedding was clean and comfortable (although all white which was a bit bland). The toiletries included shampoo, conditioner, lotion and toothpaste (which I found to be a nice extra). No slamming doors. The shower head seems low and would not stay put in the direction I needed (I left a comment on the card, but since I was staying one night I did not ask for assistance during my stay). The health club has a pool with 2 lap lanes and an outdoor jacuzzi on the 10th floor as well as all the regular cardio and weights (and towels). It also provides free lockers and a wonderful swimsuit water extractor. Free daily papers are provided by the elevators. The elevators are very fast moving and quick to get to your floor. Parking in public lots was $24 for overnight parking and did not allow in-and-out (or the same security) so the hotel is where to park. The restaurant Altitude had above average food, excellent service but it is on the Lobby level, which was misleading from some pictures on the site. The hotel is very close to the 16th street mall with the free shuttle, and walking distance to most sites (Brown Palace, Mint Building, etc).

Room Tip: We chose a room with 2 doubles and a view over a room with a king size and were very glad we did!
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Misswestmore
Cortez, Colorado
Reviewed April 19, 2013

We love this hotel. We have stayed here several times and since we are in Denver frequently for both business and pleasure, we stay here whenever possible. The rooms are sunny, spotless and comfortable. The staff is exceptional. The location is very good, close to great restaurants, shopping and theatre. In every way, with every stay, we have been completely satisfied.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Nini037
RegencyHyatt, Manager at Hyatt Regency Denver At Colorado Convention Center, responded to this review, April 23, 2013
Dear Nini037,
Thank you so much for naming us your favorite hotel in Denver! We are proud of our hotel and most specifically that staff and I am glad that you enjoy it all as well. We look forward to your next visit!
Florida
Reviewed April 18, 2013

Dates of Stay: Saturday, April 13 - Tuesday, April 16, 2013
Length of Stay: 3 Nights

In a nutshell, the Hyatt Regency Denver at the Colorado Convention Center offers a truly perfect location with beautiful views of Downtown Denver and the Rocky Mountains, as well as absolutely amazing customer service! This is the place that you absolutely must stay the next time that your travels bring you to Denver!

Now, for my detailed review:

First, allow me to comment on my travels from Denver International Airport to the Hyatt Regency Denver. Downtown Denver is quite a drive from the Denver International Airport, so be careful who to chose for your airport transportation. Having never had a good experience with SuperShuttle, I asked the excellent Staff of the Hyatt Regency Denver how to get to their property from the airport, and they set me up with an amazing town car service; Rock's Transportation offered private town car service at a mere $65 each way. The Staff of the Hyatt Regency Denver started off my travels perfectly by setting up this service; I would highly recommend that you work with the excellent Concierge at the Hyatt Regency Denver to allow for the most quick and efficient transportation to this beautiful property. My town car driver called my cell phone as soon as he saw that my flight had landed, and within a matter of moments of getting my luggage at baggage claim, my professional and courteous driver whisked me off to the Hyatt Regency Denver. I urge you to make use of the excellent town car service that the Concierge can set up for you.

After a quick and scenic ride, I arrived at the Hyatt Regency Denver. I was immediately greeted by extremely efficient and polite bell staff, who directed me passed a check-in line to a station exclusively for Hyatt Platinum and Diamond Gold Passport Members. The Agent at the Front Desk was extremely pleasant, greeted me by name and instantly thanked me for being a loyal Diamond Tier Member of the Hyatt Gold Passport Program. After discovering that I had never been to Denver before, and that I was here to attend the "Lifesavers 2013" Convention, he took great care to explain to me the many excellent amenities that the Hyatt Regency Denver had to offer, as well as discuss the layout of the Colorado Convention Center and explain for me how to easily access it by merely walked out the doors from the Elevator Lobby. He then informed me that I would love my Suite; I had been assigned a "Cottonwood Suite," Room 3212, which he told me was one of the largest Suites that they had on property. I had decided to pamper myself and book a Suite, but I had never imagined how amazing a "Cottonwood Suite" would be. After a quick discussion about the features and amenities of my Suite, I was off to my room.

One thing that I should comment on, unlike many high rise properties that I have experienced, the Hyatt Regency Denver features two very large Elevator Lobbies; each handles a different segment of floors, and there are ample elevators in each lobby. I never had to wait more than a few moments for an elevator, which puts this property far ahead of many other Downtown properties. Additionally, each elevator is ultra-quick and features a high-definition monitor with unique artwork; my favorites had a beautiful depiction of an old plains home, and another had soothing rain/weather effects. All-in-all, this property had some of the most unique and efficient elevators that I have ever experienced.

Upon arrival at my "Cottonwood Suite" on the 32nd Floor, I was in awe -- it was definitely one of the most amazing Suites that I have ever seen! Upon entry, you are in a small parlor, with a Guest Bathroom immediately to your left. Unlike many Suite "Guest Bathrooms," this one was very large; it is complete with a very nice sized granite vanity and nice amenities -- such as an actual soft soap dispenser as opposed to the usual hotel bar of dry soap, and a large magazine rack with multiple magazines. As you pass the Guest Bathroom, you immediately enter an absolutely huge Parlor area, and you are faced with two large banks of floor-to-ceiling windows offering a truly beautiful view of Downtown Denver and the Rocky Mountains. To the right end of the room is a large flat-screen television with an attached DVD player, along with an extremely plush and comfortable couch and two chairs. As you proceed into the room to the left, there is a large wet bar, equipped with a very high-tech coffee maker and coffee -- no standard hotel room coffee here -- a large sink, and a small refrigerator. As you continue further into the room, there is a large dinette area that has a full-size table with enough seating to fit over six people comfortably while enjoying the views of Denver and the Rocky Mountains from the second set of floor-to-ceiling windows. Then, just after the dinette is the door to the large bedroom; unlike many properties, the "Cottonwood Suite" is not merely a parlor with a separate normal bedroom attached. Instead, the bedroom is a distinct part of the unit, and features an extremely comfortable King-sized Hyatt Grand Bed, a large computer desk, flat screen television, comfortable chair and another set of floor-to-ceiling windows. But, the best part of the "Cottonwood Suite" by far is the absolutely HUGE master bathroom. In the bedroom and to the left is where you will find this absolutely heavenly master bathroom. As you walk in, one will find a large closet to the right, equipped with everything one could possibly need to dress for success -- an iron and ironing board, shoe shine materials, a laundry basket and even a small steamer. Then, to the left is the long master bathroom. It is equipped with an extremely long granite vanity, featuring two sinks. At the end of the vanity is an extremely large glass shower, equipped with a wooden shower stool. After the shower is the separate toilet room, which is decent sized and equipped with a magazine rack and magazine selection. But, by far the most amazing part of this huge master bathroom is the extremely over-sized tub, which is very unique in that it fills from the ceiling. It is an absolutely amazing tub to soak and relax in, allowing one to warm up from the crisp mountain air and snow. All-in-all, a truly AMAZING Suite that is most definitely worth the money! I have attached numerous photos to this review to show how amazing the "Cottonwood Suite" is.

One additional item to note, this property offers excellent high-speed wireless access in all rooms and common areas. Unlike many convention properties that I have been to, I did not experience any problems with Internet speed, and I think that one will find it very easy to get work done while staying here.

As for Drinking and Dining, this property has some wonderful options for food and drink. First, just off of the lobby is "Perk's Coffee," offering an excellent selection of Starbucks coffees to start your day; it also offers various delicious food items for a quick meal as well. Then, you have "Altitude," a truly excellent restaurant for all meals of the day; it offers excellent selection and decent prices. This property also features two wonderful lounges -- the "Strata Bar" off of the Lobby, and the truly gorgeous "Peaks Lounge." Both offer truly excellent drinks, but only at "Peaks" on the 27th Floor will you find absolutely amazing views of the Rocky Mountains. If you stay here, you really must spend an evening at "Peaks" for some of the best views in the City!

In addition to those excellent options, I must take a moment to pitch the "Regency Club" rooms! This property offers a truly amazing "Regency Club" on the 35th Floor, offering excellent food choices throughout the day. At Breakfast, it offers the standard Continental Breakfast items, as well as a rotating hot item; then, at dinner, one will find excellent hot and cold appetizer items, as well as beer/wine/liquor available for a very low fee. All of this, plus truly amazing views of the Rocky Mountains and Downtown Denver, makes it absolutely worth the money to upgrade yourself to a "Regency Club" room at this property.

All-in-all, the Hyatt Regency Denver at the Colorado Convention Center is truly an AMAZING property. It offers top-notch staff, amazing dining, and superb, ultra-modern rooms, all in the absolutely perfect location. This is definitely the place to stay the next time that you are in Denver -- I highly recommend it and promise you will not regret your choice! The Hyatt Regency Denver is truly the best place to stay in the Denver Metro Area and should not be missed!

Room Tip: Request a High Floor, Mountain View Room for the best possible views
2 Thank AttorneyVin
Dear AttorneyVin,
Thank you so much for such a wonderful and detailed review. I am so pleased to hear you enjoyed your stay. When the hotel was being built we spent a lot of time ensuring we had all the conveniences our guests needed, like fast elevators, and I truly appreciate you taking note of it all. Our Cottonwood suites truly are amazing and it is great that you were able to treat yourself and use one of your Diamond Suite upgrades that come along with your valued Diamond Hyatt Gold Passport membership. We truly love treating our Diamond members during their visits to Hyatt Regency Denver as we appreciate their loyalty. We look forward to taking care of you during your next visit!
Las Vegas
Reviewed April 17, 2013

Loved my stay here.. The staff was amazing. I checked in at the front desk with Austin and he was great! He answered every one of my many questions about the property. Shiloh was awesome upon check out. I had gifts that I needed to have dropped into rooms of guests that already arrived. The bell desk did a wonderful job handling and I was always told to call if I needed anything. Very convenient access to the Convention Center. I will return to this hotel when I am back in the Denver area. They have a food stop within the hotel that is 24 hours! Great facility!

1 Thank UNLVforme
Dear UNLVforme,
Thank you for the five star review! I am glad that our staff was able to accommodate all of your needs and that you loved your stay. We understand that our guests book here because of its convenient location to the Convention Center, and we try to ensure we provide our guests convenient options in the hotel, like our 24 hour coffee shop, Perks. We are glad to hear you will be staying with us during your next visit to the Mile High City!