“Nice place for a conference stay”

Hyatt Regency Denver At Colorado Convention Center
Ranked #7 of 157 Hotels in Denver
GreenLeadersSilver level
Minneapolis, Minnesota
“Nice place for a conference stay”
Reviewed April 17, 2013

I spent 4 nights in Denver at the Hyatt during a conference at the Colorado Convention Center. The hotel is located downtown across the street from the convention center, and is close to many restaurants, bars, and entertainment venues.
Check in at the hotel was fast, and the clerk was very friendly and helpful. Our room was on the 9th floor overlooking an ugly roof, and other downtown towers. The room was nice and in overall good condition, with a few exceptions. The door handle to the room was damaged, and the handle was very difficult to open. There were brown splatter stains on the ceiling light above the mirror in the bathroom that were not addressed by housekeeping during our stay. When our beds were made, no effort was made to straighten the wrinkles in the bottom sheet or mattress pad. The comforter was simply re-tucked over the sheets.
The soda machine on the 9th floor was out of order during our stay. Going to another floor for a soda was possible before 10pm, however, after 10pm the elevators lock, and residents are only able to access their floor. It was inconvenient to head down to the lobby for a last-minute soda. The breakfast buffet at the restaurant off the lobby was very good, and reasonably priced.
Overall, a positive experience at a nice place.

Room Tip: Ask for a high room with a mountain view.
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank Alpine524
RegencyHyatt, Manager at Hyatt Regency Denver At Colorado Convention Center, responded to this review, April 23, 2013
Dear Alpine524,
Thank you so much for staying with us and sharing your feedback. I am glad that your overall experience was good and that you enjoyed our Altitude restaurant for breakfast. I truly appreciate your feedback on the cleanliness issues and I have shared your comments with Housekeeping Management as what you described does not meet our standards. Also, thank you for the information on the 9th floor vending machine. The elevator keyed security will allow guests with guestroom keys to travel to all guest floors after 10pm, not just the floor that your room is assigned to. I appreciate all the feedback you have shared and hope that you will give us another shot.
Hotel Assistant Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (598)
Dalton, Nebraska
Reviewed April 13, 2013

Service was impeccable!
We couldn't figure out how to get the water hot in the shower. Called the front desk and they informed us they would contact maintenance. Maintenance called back within 5 minutes and was at our door shortly after. Issue was due to our incompetence. Received a call later in the day from the hotel manager confirming the issue was resolved.
The fitness center and pool were beautiful! Hot tub was outdoors-upstairs bar has amazing views.
I would highly recommend!

• Stayed April 2013
1 Thank NEhuntress
RegencyHyatt, Manager at Hyatt Regency Denver At Colorado Convention Center, responded to this review, April 15, 2013
Dear NEHuntress,
Thank you for such a wonderful review! I am so pleased to hear you enjoyed your experience, and that our staff responded quickly to your requests. You are not the first person to call about the shower, we understand our guests are used to their fixtures at home and we are more than happy to show you how everything works. We hope you will return soon.
Ottawa, Canada
Reviewed April 10, 2013

It is a good hotel, the staffs at the front desk are very professional and yet friendly. I was assigned a room on the 29th floor. The room was very good, well-appointed, clean, and functional. Not only it has a desk, it also has a pull out table that you can use for dinner or as an extension of your work desk. The office chair is comfortable. I had problems with the sink drainage, TV remote, and the network cable. I called the front desk, and they were fixed within 30 minutes. Absolutely great.

It is also a very convenient location as well.

If there is good, there is bad as well. The only thing I don't like is that you can hear activities from the other room especially in the toilet (it can be the plumbing carries sound). I am not talking about flushing toilet. In the morning, I could hear one of my neighbor doing his/her morning business in the commode. There were two late nights I heard my neighbor was having coitus.

I think thin wall is pretty much in every hotel, I think I was just too lucky (or not lucky) to have these neighbor.

Great hotel, highly recommended

Room Tip: I always like corner room. Make sure that you are as far away from the ice and vending machine as p...
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
2 Thank ImpulseTraveler
RegencyHyatt, Manager at Hyatt Regency Denver At Colorado Convention Center, responded to this review, April 12, 2013
Dear ImpulseTraveler,
Thank you for the five stars. I am so pleased to hear that you enjoyed the guestroom as well as the location and service. Thank you for the feedback regarding the noise from neighboring rooms. I am truly sorry that your stay was disrupted and I have shared your review with our management. The hotel is preparing to make some changes to our guestrooms and we are researching ways we can improve the sound insulation. I hope you will consider giving us another chance in the future.
San Francisco
Reviewed April 8, 2013

This is one amazing hotel. As a brand, I like Hyatt Hotels anyway, but this one is a notch above even the usual Hyatt standards. My two young nieces and I stayed here one night for easy access the next morning to the Denver Art Museum's Georgia O'Keeffe exhibit. (It was about a 10 minute walk away.) We could not have been more pleased. The room had a stunning view of the downtown area and nearby mountains, very comfortable beds and upscale bath amenities. The indoor lap pool, outdoor hot tub and exercise facility was top notch. The Regency Club was nothing short of amazing. The quality, variety and quantity of food choices was unbelievable and the staff there could not have been more kind or helpful. In fact, the staff was by far the best part of this hotel. Everyone we encountered made us feel very welcome. They were all eager to help with anything we might need. Special Kudos to front desk staff, Ryan, Theresa, & Mary. We can't wait to return in a few months to attend a show at the performing arts center next door.

Room Tip: Ask for a higher floor with a view.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank CaseySFO
RegencyHyatt, Manager at Hyatt Regency Denver At Colorado Convention Center, responded to this review, April 9, 2013
Dear Casey SFO,
Thanks for the five stars! It is great to hear you enjoy Hyatt Hotels & Resorts but I am even happier to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us! Thank you for choosing our hotel to bring your nieces to, it sounds as though it was a great family getaway! I have shared your review with the front desk staff and we look forward to your return in a few months!
Charlotte, North Carolina
Reviewed April 8, 2013

Just spent the better part of a week here. Great location..right next to conference center. Staff were very helpful. Rooms clean. Wonderful fitness facility. Nice spa with fabulous staff. Only problem was thin walls. I could hear every conversation, sneeze, toilet from the next room.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank wahini79
Dear Wahini79,
Thanks for reviewing the hotel. Our location, staff, and fitness center are some of the many highlights we are proud of and I am glad you were satisfied with them. I appreciate you sharing your feedback regarding the noise. I have shared your information with management so that we can assess what changes we can make. I hope next time you are in the Mile High City you will stay with us again.

Lakewood, Colorado
Reviewed April 8, 2013

We had a few small issues and we got treated and the items corrected as though we were owners in the hotel line. The team of professionals at this facility were impressive and consistant across the board from the cleaning staff to the front desk to the management. Customer first was obviously their mantra. Thank you all

Room Tip: If possible, get a room that looks towards the mountains (on a high enough floor)
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank SeanH689
Dear Sean H.,
Thank you for the wonderful review! Every staff member at our property recognizes the fact that our job is to keep the guest happy. I am glad that we were able to address your issues quickly and that you felt well taken care of. Anytime you need a place to stay in the city we would love to have you!
Reviewed April 7, 2013

It was our second stay at this hotel and it was even better than the first, if I thought that was even possible! Adrian from the Regency Club remembered that my husband and I were snowboarders from Ohio and that we had really enjoyed Ocean Prime Steakhouse that he recommended the first time we visited. He even offered to make us another reservation there, but someone else in our party had already taken care of that. The Regency Club staff was very accommodating and left some of the breakfast items out for us despite the fact that we were walking in a few minutes after breakfast service had stopped. We visited the lobby bar more this time than at our last visit. Service was a bit slow, but they were pretty inundated so it was no longer than what you would expect from a busy bar.. A member of our party ordered some nachos to share. This isn't your typical nacho platter! Delicious cheeses, fresh salsa and jalapeños, and dressed up with pulled pork. We will definitely be ordering these on our next visit!

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank snowflake_chaser
Dear Snowflake_chaser,
Thanks for the fabulous review! I am glad to hear you returned to our hotel and that exceeded your expectations. It is wonderful that Adrian made that connection with you the first time and was able to accommodate you. I hope you will come back soon and we will ensure to have an order of nacho’s ready for you.