“Very convenient, clean, and functional room”

Hyatt Regency Denver At Colorado Convention Center
Ranked #10 of 158 Hotels in Denver
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed April 10, 2013

It is a good hotel, the staffs at the front desk are very professional and yet friendly. I was assigned a room on the 29th floor. The room was very good, well-appointed, clean, and functional. Not only it has a desk, it also has a pull out table that you can use for dinner or as an extension of your work desk. The office chair is comfortable. I had problems with the sink drainage, TV remote, and the network cable. I called the front desk, and they were fixed within 30 minutes. Absolutely great.

It is also a very convenient location as well.

If there is good, there is bad as well. The only thing I don't like is that you can hear activities from the other room especially in the toilet (it can be the plumbing carries sound). I am not talking about flushing toilet. In the morning, I could hear one of my neighbor doing his/her morning business in the commode. There were two late nights I heard my neighbor was having coitus.

I think thin wall is pretty much in every hotel, I think I was just too lucky (or not lucky) to have these neighbor.

Great hotel, highly recommended

Room Tip: I always like corner room. Make sure that you are as far away from the ice and vending machine as p...
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled on business
2  Thank ImpulseTraveler
RegencyHyatt, Manager at Hyatt Regency Denver At Colorado Convention Center, responded to this reviewResponded April 12, 2013

Dear ImpulseTraveler,
Thank you for the five stars. I am so pleased to hear that you enjoyed the guestroom as well as the location and service. Thank you for the feedback regarding the noise from neighboring rooms. I am truly sorry that your stay was disrupted and I have shared your review with our management. The hotel is preparing to make some changes to our guestrooms and we are researching ways we can improve the sound insulation. I hope you will consider giving us another chance in the future.

There are newer reviews for Hyatt Regency Denver At Colorado Convention Center

Reviewed April 8, 2013

This is one amazing hotel. As a brand, I like Hyatt Hotels anyway, but this one is a notch above even the usual Hyatt standards. My two young nieces and I stayed here one night for easy access the next morning to the Denver Art Museum's Georgia O'Keeffe exhibit. (It was about a 10 minute walk away.) We could not have been more pleased. The room had a stunning view of the downtown area and nearby mountains, very comfortable beds and upscale bath amenities. The indoor lap pool, outdoor hot tub and exercise facility was top notch. The Regency Club was nothing short of amazing. The quality, variety and quantity of food choices was unbelievable and the staff there could not have been more kind or helpful. In fact, the staff was by far the best part of this hotel. Everyone we encountered made us feel very welcome. They were all eager to help with anything we might need. Special Kudos to front desk staff, Ryan, Theresa, & Mary. We can't wait to return in a few months to attend a show at the performing arts center next door.

Room Tip: Ask for a higher floor with a view.
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank CaseySFO
RegencyHyatt, Manager at Hyatt Regency Denver At Colorado Convention Center, responded to this reviewResponded April 9, 2013

Dear Casey SFO,
Thanks for the five stars! It is great to hear you enjoy Hyatt Hotels & Resorts but I am even happier to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us! Thank you for choosing our hotel to bring your nieces to, it sounds as though it was a great family getaway! I have shared your review with the front desk staff and we look forward to your return in a few months!

Reviewed April 8, 2013

Just spent the better part of a week here. Great location..right next to conference center. Staff were very helpful. Rooms clean. Wonderful fitness facility. Nice spa with fabulous staff. Only problem was thin walls. I could hear every conversation, sneeze, toilet from the next room.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank wahini79

Dear Wahini79,
Thanks for reviewing the hotel. Our location, staff, and fitness center are some of the many highlights we are proud of and I am glad you were satisfied with them. I appreciate you sharing your feedback regarding the noise. I have shared your information with management so that we can assess what changes we can make. I hope next time you are in the Mile High City you will stay with us again.

Reviewed April 8, 2013

We had a few small issues and we got treated and the items corrected as though we were owners in the hotel line. The team of professionals at this facility were impressive and consistant across the board from the cleaning staff to the front desk to the management. Customer first was obviously their mantra. Thank you all

Room Tip: If possible, get a room that looks towards the mountains (on a high enough floor)
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank SeanH689

Dear Sean H.,
Thank you for the wonderful review! Every staff member at our property recognizes the fact that our job is to keep the guest happy. I am glad that we were able to address your issues quickly and that you felt well taken care of. Anytime you need a place to stay in the city we would love to have you!

Reviewed April 7, 2013

It was our second stay at this hotel and it was even better than the first, if I thought that was even possible! Adrian from the Regency Club remembered that my husband and I were snowboarders from Ohio and that we had really enjoyed Ocean Prime Steakhouse that he recommended the first time we visited. He even offered to make us another reservation there, but someone else in our party had already taken care of that. The Regency Club staff was very accommodating and left some of the breakfast items out for us despite the fact that we were walking in a few minutes after breakfast service had stopped. We visited the lobby bar more this time than at our last visit. Service was a bit slow, but they were pretty inundated so it was no longer than what you would expect from a busy bar.. A member of our party ordered some nachos to share. This isn't your typical nacho platter! Delicious cheeses, fresh salsa and jalapeños, and dressed up with pulled pork. We will definitely be ordering these on our next visit!

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank snowflake_chaser

Dear Snowflake_chaser,
Thanks for the fabulous review! I am glad to hear you returned to our hotel and that exceeded your expectations. It is wonderful that Adrian made that connection with you the first time and was able to accommodate you. I hope you will come back soon and we will ensure to have an order of nacho’s ready for you.

Reviewed April 6, 2013

I have held conferences for years across the country, and have never experienced the level of service I received at this hotel. Every staff member was pleasant and responsive, the hotel was completely renovated and beautiful throughout, space well laid out for conferences (lots of restrooms, quiet meeting, GREAT A/V SUPPORT and sound, the food was very good, and it was convenient to lots of shipping and restaurants). I wish every conference hotel in the country could be like this one. We will be back when we come to Denver again.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled on business
RegencyHyatt, Hotel Assistant Manager at Hyatt Regency Denver At Colorado Convention Center, responded to this reviewResponded April 8, 2013

Dear sshTN,
Thank you for the amazing review! We take great pride in ensuring conferences are convenient and exceed expectations and I am delighted to hear we were successful with yours. I hope you were able to sneak out and have some fun during your stay! Come back and see us again soon.
Cory Bartoli

Reviewed April 2, 2013 via mobile

Business trips are usually made tolerable by a great hotel. Ricky Bob thinks this is a great hotel. Comfortable beds, very nice restaurant, early opening coffee bar, nice lounge, clean, and immaculate . Courteous, helpful staff. Only minor personal issue is Ricky Bob prefers walk in showers since his hip replacement. Still gets a solid A rating. Would definitely stay here again. An excellent value.

• Stayed: April 2013
2  Thank rickybob
RegencyHyatt, Hotel Assistant Manager at Hyatt Regency Denver At Colorado Convention Center, responded to this reviewResponded April 3, 2013

Dear rickybob,
Thanks for the fantastic review! I am really happy to hear we made your business trip enjoyable with some of the great amenities in the hotel. We do have a small number of rooms available with walk in showers and next time you stop in, let us know your preferences and we will do our best to accommodate you. I hope you come back soon rickybob!
Cory Bartoli