“Excellent option when attending a convention”

Hyatt Regency Denver At Colorado Convention Center
Ranked #7 of 157 Hotels in Denver
GreenLeadersSilver level
San Francisco
“Excellent option when attending a convention”
Reviewed March 31, 2013

You can't beat the location.... Across the street from the convention center. The rooms are clean and comfortable. The only issue that I had was that I requested a late checkout for 1 additional hour and it was declined. So I had to deal my luggage with me to the convention center with me. The bar on the 27th floor has great views.

Room Tip: Ask for a higher floor facing the mountains.
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
2 Thank SFTravelerBusiness

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (589)
Murrieta, California
Reviewed March 31, 2013

After spending sleepless night from another hotel. This hotel is an oasis. Right in front of convention center. It also very close to the mall and restaurants. The hotel lobby was expansive! There is a coffee shop at the lobby, business center, and we were able to use the Kiosk to check in and print our boarding pass (FREE). The hotel was priced cheaper that what i expected (Priceline) with all the luxuries of high-end hotel. Bed is very comfortable. Staff are very helpful.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank ayrinv
RegencyHyatt, Manager at Hyatt Regency Denver At Colorado Convention Center, responded to this review, April 2, 2013
Dear Ayrinv,
Thank you for the five star review! I am pleased that our hotel was the oasis that you needed and that you got to take advantage of so many of the hotels amenities. The hotel tries hard to ensure that our amenities and customer service create value for our guests and I am glad that you got a good deal. We hope next time you visit the Mile High City you will come back to your oasis.
Allison Gegenheimer
Seattle, WA
Reviewed March 31, 2013

I stayed at the Hyatt Denver Convention Center for two nights on business. This property has a great location as it is next to the convention center, right in downtown, and has many shops and restaurants nearby that you can walk to. The rooms are nothing special.
There is a very nice lounge on the 27th floor that you must visit at least once. It was fun to sit in the lounge and watch the snowflakes drift down from above. The Regency Club (if you are a frequent traveler with Hyatt) was one of the nicer I have seen and offered a very nice variety of food choices in the evening.
Great hotel, great location, and I would definitely return on another visit to Denver.

1 Thank EscapingSeattle
Philadelphia, PA
Reviewed March 29, 2013

My husband and I enjoyed a quiet 2 night stay at this large, clean hotel. I was in town for business and my husband was along for the ride.

From the moment we arrived to the moment we left, each and every staff member was friendly and helpful. From check-in, to bell services, to the customer service folks at "Perks" the coffee shop, all were pleased to serve and happy to be there. Before we arrived, we had spent two nights at the legendary Broadmoor in Colorado Springs and found the customer service at the Hyatt Regency to be just as good.

The room was clean and bed was comfortable. We had 2 quiet nights of sleep. No noisy hallways, no slamming doors.

The fitness center was more than enough - I liked it very much. Modern and clean with plenty of equipment: free weights, weight machines and cardio equipment. The chilled towels are always a nice touch. My husband used the indoor pool and hot tub, which is outdoors.

While I was working, my husband enjoyed lunch at Altitudes - and said the "make your own salads" were good.

The concierge staff was there to help.

It is located close to the 16th Street Mall, and I'm sure other attractions, but I did not see much due to my work.

If I was traveling to Denver again, I would stay here.

Room Tip: If they ask you your preference, get a room on an upper-level floor and ask for a view of the mounta...
1 Thank smep013
Castle Rock, Colorado
Reviewed March 27, 2013

If you have a meeting at the Denver Convention Center there is not a better place to stay than the Hyatt Regency. Be sure to get access to the concierge level since the breakfast and snacks through out the are an added bonus. The rooms are very nice, the sheets wonderful and the lobby area is a great meeting place.

1 Thank castlerockjoe
Denver, Colorado
Reviewed March 24, 2013

We live in Denver and were curious about the new Hyatt. I had some points saved up, so we took the family for a 2 night getaway for my son's 15th birthday. We got 2 adjoining rooms, one for the teenagers and one for my husband and I. Rooms were really wonderful, comfortable, clean and modern. Service was fantastic...from the front desk, where they really took the time to welcome us, find out why we were there, made a big deal out of my son, etc., what a great start to a fun weekend. Food was really GOOD. The restaurant on the 1st floor has a great hot/cold bar, really delish (and it's hard to please all of us, I'm a foodie and my husband is a very plain meat/potato guy but loves quality, daughter is a strict vegan), we all left raving about all the meals, including room service which was fantastic. Everything was YUM. We walked around, got a snack at the scenic top floor lounge, toured the spa, very friendly staff. The guys worked out and the girls visited the coffee/gift shop on the first floor where they have organic juices, ice cream and other fun stuff. The hotel is large and impressive. We had fun at night going out, walking around, getting bike-cab rides and etc. I would recommend this hotel for business or for fun and hope to return soon...

Room Tip: My son loves bears so it was fun to have a view of the giant blue bear peeking into the conference c...
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank Julie S
RegencyHyatt, Manager at Hyatt Regency Denver At Colorado Convention Center, responded to this review, March 26, 2013
Dear Julie S.,
Thank you for such a wonderful review. I am really glad you decided to give us a try, and for such an exciting occasion too. I am glad all of our staff made you feel welcome. Our restaurants try to ensure that they have enough of a variety on their menu to provide something for everyone, and it sounds like they succeeded. We hope that you and your family will stay with us again!
Allison Gegenheimer
Spencer, Indiana
Reviewed March 24, 2013

I went to Denver on a business trip and took my wife along. While I was at the conference, in the adjacent Convention Center, my wife was able to tour Denver and Golden. When we got there, we were greeted by a wonderful employee at the desk, Jackie. She was extremely helpful to us upon checking in. The entire hotel was clean and friendly. My wife used the services of the concierge and was booked on a wonderful excursion to the Red Rocks near Golden, Colorado. Our clean,spacious room on the 23rd floor overlooked the gorgeous mountains. If you are ever in Denver, this is the hotel you want to stay in!

1 Thank Jason K
RegencyHyatt, Hotel Assistant Manager at Hyatt Regency Denver At Colorado Convention Center, responded to this review, March 27, 2013
Dear Jason K,
Thank you for the excellent rating and review! I appreciate your positive comments on Jackie as well as our concierge. I am delighted Jackie was able to accommodate you in a room with a beautiful mountain view and your wife was able to visit some of the great attractions in the Denver area. We love to provide the best experiences for our guests and our Concierge have great recommendations to enhance the stay. We hope you can visit again soon!
Cory Bartoli