“Great big spaces - friendly staff - quiet sleep”

Hyatt Regency Denver At Colorado Convention Center
Ranked #9 of 157 Hotels in Denver
GreenLeadersSilver level
Philadelphia, PA
“Great big spaces - friendly staff - quiet sleep”
Reviewed March 29, 2013

My husband and I enjoyed a quiet 2 night stay at this large, clean hotel. I was in town for business and my husband was along for the ride.

From the moment we arrived to the moment we left, each and every staff member was friendly and helpful. From check-in, to bell services, to the customer service folks at "Perks" the coffee shop, all were pleased to serve and happy to be there. Before we arrived, we had spent two nights at the legendary Broadmoor in Colorado Springs and found the customer service at the Hyatt Regency to be just as good.

The room was clean and bed was comfortable. We had 2 quiet nights of sleep. No noisy hallways, no slamming doors.

The fitness center was more than enough - I liked it very much. Modern and clean with plenty of equipment: free weights, weight machines and cardio equipment. The chilled towels are always a nice touch. My husband used the indoor pool and hot tub, which is outdoors.

While I was working, my husband enjoyed lunch at Altitudes - and said the "make your own salads" were good.

The concierge staff was there to help.

It is located close to the 16th Street Mall, and I'm sure other attractions, but I did not see much due to my work.

If I was traveling to Denver again, I would stay here.

Room Tip: If they ask you your preference, get a room on an upper-level floor and ask for a view of the mounta...
1 Thank smep013

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (585)
Castle Rock, Colorado
Reviewed March 27, 2013

If you have a meeting at the Denver Convention Center there is not a better place to stay than the Hyatt Regency. Be sure to get access to the concierge level since the breakfast and snacks through out the are an added bonus. The rooms are very nice, the sheets wonderful and the lobby area is a great meeting place.

1 Thank castlerockjoe
Denver, Colorado
Reviewed March 24, 2013

We live in Denver and were curious about the new Hyatt. I had some points saved up, so we took the family for a 2 night getaway for my son's 15th birthday. We got 2 adjoining rooms, one for the teenagers and one for my husband and I. Rooms were really wonderful, comfortable, clean and modern. Service was fantastic...from the front desk, where they really took the time to welcome us, find out why we were there, made a big deal out of my son, etc., what a great start to a fun weekend. Food was really GOOD. The restaurant on the 1st floor has a great hot/cold bar, really delish (and it's hard to please all of us, I'm a foodie and my husband is a very plain meat/potato guy but loves quality, daughter is a strict vegan), we all left raving about all the meals, including room service which was fantastic. Everything was YUM. We walked around, got a snack at the scenic top floor lounge, toured the spa, very friendly staff. The guys worked out and the girls visited the coffee/gift shop on the first floor where they have organic juices, ice cream and other fun stuff. The hotel is large and impressive. We had fun at night going out, walking around, getting bike-cab rides and etc. I would recommend this hotel for business or for fun and hope to return soon...

Room Tip: My son loves bears so it was fun to have a view of the giant blue bear peeking into the conference c...
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank Julie S
RegencyHyatt, Manager at Hyatt Regency Denver At Colorado Convention Center, responded to this review, March 26, 2013
Dear Julie S.,
Thank you for such a wonderful review. I am really glad you decided to give us a try, and for such an exciting occasion too. I am glad all of our staff made you feel welcome. Our restaurants try to ensure that they have enough of a variety on their menu to provide something for everyone, and it sounds like they succeeded. We hope that you and your family will stay with us again!
Allison Gegenheimer
Spencer, Indiana
Reviewed March 24, 2013

I went to Denver on a business trip and took my wife along. While I was at the conference, in the adjacent Convention Center, my wife was able to tour Denver and Golden. When we got there, we were greeted by a wonderful employee at the desk, Jackie. She was extremely helpful to us upon checking in. The entire hotel was clean and friendly. My wife used the services of the concierge and was booked on a wonderful excursion to the Red Rocks near Golden, Colorado. Our clean,spacious room on the 23rd floor overlooked the gorgeous mountains. If you are ever in Denver, this is the hotel you want to stay in!

1 Thank Jason K
RegencyHyatt, Hotel Assistant Manager at Hyatt Regency Denver At Colorado Convention Center, responded to this review, March 27, 2013
Dear Jason K,
Thank you for the excellent rating and review! I appreciate your positive comments on Jackie as well as our concierge. I am delighted Jackie was able to accommodate you in a room with a beautiful mountain view and your wife was able to visit some of the great attractions in the Denver area. We love to provide the best experiences for our guests and our Concierge have great recommendations to enhance the stay. We hope you can visit again soon!
Cory Bartoli
Little Rock, AR
Reviewed March 24, 2013

Spent 8 days at the Hyatt Regency while holding a natl conv at the CCC. Staff was amazing, very responsive, rooms were always impeccably clean and modern. The views? Spectacular! You cannot go wrong with working with this facility for any event. Ballrooms are gorgeous and they work effortlessly with third party vendors on decor and set-up. From the entry level staff to management - they do no wrong! Only downside is I wish I had a minifridge in my room! :)

Room Tip: Ask for the east side to see the blue bear and mountains. The higher the floor the better the view!
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank littlecrock
Dear Littlecrock,
Thank you for the five star review. I am so happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us. The hotel always strives to hire associates who enjoy customer service and work hard to make our guests happy. I am glad to hear that all interactions you had with our associates, whether entry level or management, were amazing. Thank you also for providing us feedback about the minifridge, I have shared your comment with upper management. We hope you will stay with us the next time a conference brings you to the Mile High City.
Allison Gegenheimer
Southern California
Reviewed March 24, 2013

Stayed here for a conference at the convention center, which is almost across the street. It's a block from 16th St.. On 16th, you can take a free shuttle up and down the mile to all sorts of shopping and dining options. Across from and around the convention center are more shopping and dining options. A short walk to the light rail transit stop if you want to see a ball game. The Performing Arts is also a few blocks away. Some museums an invigorating walk away. If you don't want to pay the parking fee (a little steep at $26 or $32 for valet), there's a couple of other cheaper options within the area. I would recommend not renting a car if you don't plan to go outside of Denver. There's even a shuttle to Vail and the Summit County ski resorts.
The rooms are typical 4-star hotel (see photos.) No stand out amenity. You may be paying for location. I did request for a city view and was granted on (see photos.) If you don't want to pay for Internet connection, there's free wifi in the lobby (which also has bar, so you can lounge.)
What I do like about this place compared to other business hotels is that it has a spa (not a luxurious one but it serves its purpose.) The services are limited but they are friendly and cover the basic services and if you combine any of the services, you get 10% off. Big enough gym. Lap pool available (definitely not a splash with the kids type of pool.) Overall, the service is fast and friendly.

Room Tip: Request for a mountain or city view and for a complimentary wifi.
Scottsdale, Arizona
Reviewed March 23, 2013 via mobile

I was pleasantly surprised by the unfailing warmth and hospitality of each and every member of the staff that I encountered. From the greeting by the fabulous front desk clerk who gave me a surprise upgrade to the concierge floor, to the room service staff to the bell men. Everyone was friendly, polite and professional. The hotel is conveniently located near the convention center and is great for business travelers. The rooms are as you have come to expect, but great comfortable beds, airconditioning that works, free wifi, coffee in room and all the other little things that meet all of your traveling needs. On the down side, the bathroom was humdrum and the tub a little shallow. But overall the room was quiet and comfortable....perfect for the stressed out business traveler! I loved the Regency Club on the concierge floor...the food and beverages served were great and above the normal standard. And of course the views of the snow capped mountains and the wide blue skies provided the perfect backdrop to a great stay.

Stayed March 2013, traveled on business