“Fabulous Location, Windows that Open & Tiny Beds”

Hyatt Regency Denver At Colorado Convention Center
Ranked #10 of 158 Hotels in Denver
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed March 18, 2013

This hotel is located across the street from the fabulous Denver Convention Center. With perfect views of the big blue bear. We stayed on the 18th floor. The room had nice furnishings (no mini fridge) which is kind of a bummer because we were there for a sporting event and we flew in so we had no cold storage. I am a bit spoiled and love a bigger bed. My husband and I squeezed on the tiny full size bed. He's 6'3 and I'm larger than the average bear so we were quite cozy. We were on the 18th floor and when you get off the elevator you got a bit of a head rush from the altitude (and that was a freebie!). Because not much else is free in this hotel. The other people in our party were able to get free parking because they ran out of valet parking. That was a bonus. ($26 per day savings) You may be able to ask about the FREE self parking garage even if they aren't overbooked on valet parking. It is just a block away and a great deal. One night we went to the Altitude bar and it has the BEST views of the city. We sat in these cozy leather sofas surrounded by windows. Quick walk to the 16th Street area but BEWARE there are lots of homeless folks and they mean well...but they can get a bit pushy. My daughter enjoyed shopping at the Pavilion shops (which was one block away from hotel.)

Room Tip: Higher floors have better views.
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family
There are newer reviews for Hyatt Regency Denver At Colorado Convention Center

Reviewed March 17, 2013

I lived here during my stay in Denver last week. I booked it on Priceline, and it turned out to be a great choice! wonderful location, great facilities, free wifi, and the gym and pool are exceptionally nice! It is within walking distance to many attractions, including Denver Art Museum, Clyfford Still Museum, 16th Street Mall, Performing Arts Center, etc...But for Botanical Garden and Cherry Creek Shopping Center, a car is kinda needed. If the weather's nice enough, taking the cherry creek trial can also get you to the shopping center.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled solo
RegencyHyatt, Manager at Hyatt Regency Denver At Colorado Convention Center, responded to this reviewResponded March 19, 2013

Dear Gloria H
Hello and thanks for the five star rating! It sounds as if you came cross a great online deal. I’m glad you enjoyed the locations and overall hotel facilities. Free wi-fi is always a nice touch when the hotel offers it, and the fitness center is second to none. All of those attractions are what makes Denver such a fun city, and the hotel is central to everything. We hope to see you again next time you are in Denver!

Clay Perry

Reviewed March 17, 2013

Beautiful lobby, super fast elevators and perfect location for the convention center (right across the street) or for hanging out downtown. The view from the upper floors is unrivaled and I enjoyed the food in both the dining rooms and through room service. All of the staff I encountered were very polite and friendly and my room was very clean.

The only strange thing is they allow smoking on the 27th floor--and smoke came through the bathroom vent into my room. They taped over the vent, apologized and credited a meal on my room account unasked.

Note that the little convenience store in the lobby is super-expensive and the options are very limited. This store also offers Starbucks products, but if you want your latte' made like you're used to getting at home, go to the actual Starbucks location around the corner in Embassy Suites.

Overall, I was very pleased and I'll make this my go-to Denver hotel.

Room Tip: The Mountain Views are worth it if you care about a view.
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed March 16, 2013

Exceeded Expectations in all accounts. The auto check-in/out machines were great and easy, and the bell staff was great unloading and delivering a suburban full of 6 people's luggage and ski gear. A very wonderful stay overall. Good value as well.

I would without doubt utilize the Hyatt on any future trips to Denver.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple

Dear Jeffrey S
Hello and thank you for the great rating! I’m glad that your arrival experience was smooth, and that the bell staff was able to unload your things quickly. The check-in/out kiosks are a good touch, and they are fun to use. We look forward to having you again next time you are on an adventure to Denver!

Clay Perry

Reviewed March 15, 2013

I love the Hyatt Regency. I live in the mountains and travel the 3 hours to the big city a few times a year. The location is so convenient, right on the 16th Street mall, withing walking distance to the Pepsi Center & restaurants, a quick shuttle ride to LoDo & Coors Field, and of course right across from the convention center.

Comfy beds with nice pillows and more than ample size to accommodate 4 people.

Nice fitness center with everything you could want. Large enough indoor pool for lap swimming. Nice outdoor hot tub to enjoy on a starry night.

Don't miss the restaurant on top of the hotel. Nice wines and a terrific view!

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Ski_bum_momma
Reviewed March 14, 2013

When I received this hotel after bidding for days on Priceline ($64/night), I have to say I was pretty thrilled. And for the most park the Hyatt met and exceeded my expectations in almost every category. We checked in on a really snowy day in Denver and were heading to the hockey game that night. The Hyatt is perfect for that because the Pepsi Center is within walking distance (< 1 mile) with several excellent bars and restaurants in between for refreshments. Despite the conditions, everything inside and outside the hotel was immaculately maintained. The valet was a little unhappy and grumpy when I told him I was looking to self-park and made his emotions apparent. The check-in went very smoothly and front desk attendant was excellent and efficient.

Parking was a snap and even though I know downtown parking is expensive I feel that paying anything over $10 to park ANYWHERE in the world is ridiculous. The elevators are well thought out because since this hotel is over 40 stories they have two/three different sets (12 total) of elevators that expedite the whole process. Floors, lobbies, hallways, and elevators were well maintained and clean.

Out room was great with two soft clean double beds and a great TV. Everything had clean lines and had a modern feel. We were put in a room on the 22nd floor with a few of the Rocky Mountains but with the storm, we could barely see past Mile High which was no big deal. Bathroom, sitting areas, and desk were all great and functional.

During our stay we also had the pleasure of using the spa/healthclub. It looked like it had lots of great equipment but I don't really know because exercise isn't my thing. There was a large lap pool for swimming as well but for us the real treat was the hot tub. This amazing outdoor hot tub was not only huge but from it, you got a great view of the city and mountains. It was a truly relaxing way to begin our day.

Now you are probably reading this review and saying, well why only 3.5 stars. And it's true that 90% of the stay was amazing and the hotel is outstanding. However, aside from the parking fee, I really have to object to the fee for internet service. Yes, I understand that it is only $10 and there is free wi-fi in the lobby but to me, in this day and age I find it reprehensible a hotel of this size charges for internet. The next day, I stayed at a smaller Quality Inn in the mountains and they were able to provide free wi-fi throughout the hotel. To me, it is another way for large corporate chains to pinch pennies out of the pockets of guests. This seems to be the trend for the larger hotels (Hyatt, Hilton, Marriott, etc.) to charge for this sort of thing because their main clientele are business people who can simple write off this charge as an expense or use company funds. What really gets me is that the entire infrastructure for the wi-fi is already in place and would require no additional costs to allow everyone to use it. For me this is greedy and bad enough to take a perfectly good hotel that would normally receive 5 stars and take it all the way down to 3.5. Since I know the management staff is pretty good and meticulous about reading these reviews, I would like for them to respond to my complaint of paying for internet. Sorry for having to go on a tirade but it's something I feel strongly about.

A few bumps during check out as there was a line as a result of a conference checking in. I attempted to use the self-service kiosks once but was bumped off in the middle for some reason. However, that recovered after 3-4 minutes and was able to complete it successfully. Overall a great hotel but no free wifi=no 5 stars.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank mjf365

Dear mjf365,
Thank you for the wonderful feedback and review of our hotel. I am so glad that you enjoyed the many amenities within the hotel. Also, your feedback about internet is very insightful and we appreciate it. As a matter of fact this topic is currently in review by our corporate office. I am not sure what the final decision will be but please watch for possible changes in the future. We hope that you will consider staying with us again.
Allison Gegenheimer

Reviewed March 14, 2013

We had tickets for the Colorado Symphony and the forecast was for LOTS of snow, so I decided to book a room close to Boettcher Hall. I went to the Hyatt web site, joined their awards program, and then clicked on an offer to get a Hyatt credit card with a $100.00 statement credit! So - I did. The hotel was wonderful, the staff was professional, and the room was great! We had dinner at a great restaurant just a block from the hotel on the way to Boettcher Hall! The best part was - the snow wasn't that big a deal! The concert was fantastic, the dinner was superb and the hotel was convenient and comfortable! I'm looking forward to doing this again next season!

Room Tip: We stayed in an upper room with a great view and it was very quiet.
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank carooney
RegencyHyatt, Manager at Hyatt Regency Denver At Colorado Convention Center, responded to this reviewResponded March 21, 2013

Dear Carooney,

Thank you for choosing to stay with us and sharing your wonderful experience. There are so many great events in the city and we know that it is easier to stay downtown, snow or no snow. I am happy to hear that you got a $100.00 credit and your stay was wonderful. We look forward to the next concert, play, or any other reason for you to stay with us.

Allison Gegenheimer