“Starting to wonder about the Hyatt chain.”

Hyatt Regency Denver At Colorado Convention Center
Ranked #9 of 157 Hotels in Denver
GreenLeadersSilver level
Brighton, Colorado
“Starting to wonder about the Hyatt chain.”
Reviewed February 25, 2013

As an event planner, I have the opportunity to frequent the nicer chains while coordinating conferences, events, and trade shows for my company.

So far my experience with the Hyatt chain is running 60/40. Cincinatti, Charlotte, and Seattle were FLAWLESS. Above and beyond in every way. Edmonton, Canada and very disappointingly now Denver, at the Convention Center, were quite substandard.

I'm now waiting for someone to come up and close the vent in the bathroom, since so much cigarette smoke is coming through it that I can barely stand to go in there. It's in the room as well - and I don't smoke, and this is a non-smoking floor, a 'deluxe' room. They're sending someone up to close the vent in the bathroom (because, they say, they all share the same venting system), and they offered me a fan to I guess blow the smoke around the room. Not quite sure that's worth $300 a night. I'm highly sensitive to cigarette smoke and it smells like I am in a bar. It's not a little smoke - it smells like someone shut the door and had a cigarette in there.

There's a guy in there with duct tape right now literally taping over the entire vent. I am guessing this isn't a new issue for them. He said I have to other options - he'd bring me a fan (to blow the same air around) or I could open the window (it's twenty degrees outside).

The front lobby, which is beautiful, doesn't reflect the quality of the furnishings in the room by any means. This by far is the cheapest furnished property I've stayed at.

That said, it's proximity to the convention center can't be beat. I think however that a slighly further walk for better sized and furnished room that is truly smoke free will be in my future for myself and my team the next time we have a trade show that comes into Denver.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
RegencyHyatt, Hotel Assistant Manager at Hyatt Regency Denver At Colorado Convention Center, responded to this review, March 2, 2013
Dear evolistas,

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback on our hotel. We occasionally have guest smoke in our non-smoking rooms and I am truly sorry that we did not provide better options to resolve the disturbance and ensure your stay was perfect. I appreciate your candid feedback as it provides an excellent opportunity to search for ways to improve our hotel. I hope when you return to Denver, you will give us another chance.

Cory Bartoli
Hotel Assistant Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (585)
Colorado Springs, Colorado
Reviewed February 25, 2013 via mobile

Stayed for two nights. King room was nice and simple, maybe not too fancy for a four star hotel. Regency Club upgrade was nice. The staff was very friendly and the snacks are good quality. The hotel is a short walk to the 16th street. If you are self parking, be aware it has limited spaces at night and you may end up having to use valet anyway.

1 Thank marmishka
Bronxville, New York
Reviewed February 25, 2013 via mobile

A cancelled flight found us back at the hyatt for a couple more days. Great place to be "stuck." I'm here with my family & my parents & we ALL love it - from my 4 yr old to my teens, my husband, et al.
I suggest you call the hotel directly for the best rate & ask about the regency club - that was a good discovery this stay. I haven't tried the spa but it looks good - there's a great workout room, pool, fab hot tub, two cool bars, cool decor & GREAT personel. Highly recommended - To save some $ just self Park under the hotel - its easy & very convienent.

1 Thank Indimama
Dear Indimama,

Thank you your excellent review! I am so happy that you enjoyed the hotel during the “blizzard” that occurred in Denver. I am glad you discovered our Regency Club as it is a wonderful amenity to enjoy an afternoon snack or a quick breakfast. I hope you always choose us when in Denver!

Cory Bartoli
Boulder, CO
Reviewed February 25, 2013

We really enjoyed our stay at this Hyatt. The AAA package we selected included Regency Club access and free breakfast at the first-floor restaurant. Regency Club has snacks and beverages from 11 to 5, heavy hors d'oeuvres from 5 to 8, and a dessert bar from 8 to 9. We found we did not need to eat lunch or dinner!

The hotel is an easy walk to 16th Street Mall, a movie theater, Denver Art Museum, History Colorado, and the Performing Arts Complex. You do not need a rental car if you plan to stay in the downtown area.

Our only complaint? There was a large group of children and parents having a pizza party at the lap pool (that's fine). But the kids then came out to the hot tub and piled in (without adults; meaning the adults in the hot tub were monitoring children's safety). I recommend designating the hot tub for adults only.

Room Tip: We were directly across from the Regency Club entrance, so we heard a fair amount of hall noise. Con...
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Porland
Reviewed February 21, 2013 via mobile

Second time I was placed here after a Priceline bid. The hotel staff is very friendly and helpful, I had trouble with my lock and the security guy who checked it comped my Valet charge, major points there.

Great food just a few blocks walking away.

great rooms decent bar for a ridiculously good deal

1 Thank oenogeek
RegencyHyatt, Manager at Hyatt Regency Denver At Colorado Convention Center, responded to this review, February 23, 2013
Dear Oenogeek,
Thank you for the five stars! It is great you got such a great deal and continue to return to our hotel. I am sorry to hear about the lock, but it sounds like our security officer did a great job of recovering the situation and ensuring your satisfaction. We hope that you will continue to come back!
Allison Gegenheimer
Memphis, Tennessee, United States
Reviewed February 20, 2013

This hotel was gorgeous, very well maintained and the staff was excellent. We were upgraded to a mountain view room, free of charge and given access to the elusive Regency Club right away. We absolutely loved our stay. Marc at the front desk is a gem-- so friendly and helpful. The concierge gave us free drink coupons for a few of the local breweries, which was fun. Definitely staying here next time we are in Denver.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Dee H
RegencyHyatt, Manager at Hyatt Regency Denver At Colorado Convention Center, responded to this review, February 22, 2013
Dear Dee H,
Thank you so much for the five star rating! I’m delighted that you enjoyed the facilities-especially the Regency Club and all that is has to offer. Marc is one of the best, and it’s no surprise that he took care of you. The coupons from the concierge are also a nice touch! We look forward to having you again here soon.
Clay A. Perry
Denver, Colorado
Reviewed February 18, 2013

Yes, the facility was over the top in every way..from the lobby I could only describe as like in a movie...to the Regency Club setting. My Bristlecone Suite on the 36th floor was a place I didn't want to sleep in.....I wanted to just enjoy every moment of my stay! But the staff....WOW!!!!!! Laura who checked me in was an absolute angel! Adrian in the Regency Club....another WOW! His attention to my personal comfort and his desire to ensure that I had everything I needed is unequalled! If you are considering any downtown Denver hotel, you'll never forgive yourself if you don't stay here!

• Stayed February 2013, traveled solo
1 Thank Cyndi911
RegencyHyatt, Manager at Hyatt Regency Denver At Colorado Convention Center, responded to this review, February 19, 2013
Dear Cyndi911,
Thank you for such an amazing review. It is great to hear that our staff was able to make you feel welcome and paid attention to all of your needs. I am glad that you enjoyed the Bristlecone, and I agree it is too beautiful to just sleep in. We appreciate your high ratings and hope you will come back soon.

Allison Gegenheimer