“Great place to stay”

GreenLeadersSilver level
Colorado Springs, Colorado
“Great place to stay”
Reviewed February 25, 2013 via mobile

Stayed for two nights. King room was nice and simple, maybe not too fancy for a four star hotel. Regency Club upgrade was nice. The staff was very friendly and the snacks are good quality. The hotel is a short walk to the 16th street. If you are self parking, be aware it has limited spaces at night and you may end up having to use valet anyway.

1 Thank marmishka

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (589)
Bronxville, New York
Reviewed February 25, 2013 via mobile

A cancelled flight found us back at the hyatt for a couple more days. Great place to be "stuck." I'm here with my family & my parents & we ALL love it - from my 4 yr old to my teens, my husband, et al.
I suggest you call the hotel directly for the best rate & ask about the regency club - that was a good discovery this stay. I haven't tried the spa but it looks good - there's a great workout room, pool, fab hot tub, two cool bars, cool decor & GREAT personel. Highly recommended - To save some $ just self Park under the hotel - its easy & very convienent.

1 Thank Indimama
RegencyHyatt, Hotel Assistant Manager at Hyatt Regency Denver At Colorado Convention Center, responded to this review, March 2, 2013
Dear Indimama,

Thank you your excellent review! I am so happy that you enjoyed the hotel during the “blizzard” that occurred in Denver. I am glad you discovered our Regency Club as it is a wonderful amenity to enjoy an afternoon snack or a quick breakfast. I hope you always choose us when in Denver!

Cory Bartoli
Boulder, CO
Reviewed February 25, 2013

We really enjoyed our stay at this Hyatt. The AAA package we selected included Regency Club access and free breakfast at the first-floor restaurant. Regency Club has snacks and beverages from 11 to 5, heavy hors d'oeuvres from 5 to 8, and a dessert bar from 8 to 9. We found we did not need to eat lunch or dinner!

The hotel is an easy walk to 16th Street Mall, a movie theater, Denver Art Museum, History Colorado, and the Performing Arts Complex. You do not need a rental car if you plan to stay in the downtown area.

Our only complaint? There was a large group of children and parents having a pizza party at the lap pool (that's fine). But the kids then came out to the hot tub and piled in (without adults; meaning the adults in the hot tub were monitoring children's safety). I recommend designating the hot tub for adults only.

Room Tip: We were directly across from the Regency Club entrance, so we heard a fair amount of hall noise. Con...
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Porland
Reviewed February 21, 2013 via mobile

Second time I was placed here after a Priceline bid. The hotel staff is very friendly and helpful, I had trouble with my lock and the security guy who checked it comped my Valet charge, major points there.

Great food just a few blocks walking away.

great rooms decent bar for a ridiculously good deal

1 Thank oenogeek
RegencyHyatt, Manager at Hyatt Regency Denver At Colorado Convention Center, responded to this review, February 23, 2013
Dear Oenogeek,
Thank you for the five stars! It is great you got such a great deal and continue to return to our hotel. I am sorry to hear about the lock, but it sounds like our security officer did a great job of recovering the situation and ensuring your satisfaction. We hope that you will continue to come back!
Allison Gegenheimer
Memphis, Tennessee, United States
Reviewed February 20, 2013

This hotel was gorgeous, very well maintained and the staff was excellent. We were upgraded to a mountain view room, free of charge and given access to the elusive Regency Club right away. We absolutely loved our stay. Marc at the front desk is a gem-- so friendly and helpful. The concierge gave us free drink coupons for a few of the local breweries, which was fun. Definitely staying here next time we are in Denver.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Dee H
RegencyHyatt, Manager at Hyatt Regency Denver At Colorado Convention Center, responded to this review, February 22, 2013
Dear Dee H,
Thank you so much for the five star rating! I’m delighted that you enjoyed the facilities-especially the Regency Club and all that is has to offer. Marc is one of the best, and it’s no surprise that he took care of you. The coupons from the concierge are also a nice touch! We look forward to having you again here soon.
Clay A. Perry
Denver, Colorado
Reviewed February 18, 2013

Yes, the facility was over the top in every way..from the lobby I could only describe as like in a movie...to the Regency Club setting. My Bristlecone Suite on the 36th floor was a place I didn't want to sleep in.....I wanted to just enjoy every moment of my stay! But the staff....WOW!!!!!! Laura who checked me in was an absolute angel! Adrian in the Regency Club....another WOW! His attention to my personal comfort and his desire to ensure that I had everything I needed is unequalled! If you are considering any downtown Denver hotel, you'll never forgive yourself if you don't stay here!

• Stayed February 2013, traveled solo
1 Thank Cyndi911
RegencyHyatt, Manager at Hyatt Regency Denver At Colorado Convention Center, responded to this review, February 19, 2013
Dear Cyndi911,
Thank you for such an amazing review. It is great to hear that our staff was able to make you feel welcome and paid attention to all of your needs. I am glad that you enjoyed the Bristlecone, and I agree it is too beautiful to just sleep in. We appreciate your high ratings and hope you will come back soon.

Allison Gegenheimer
Denver, Colorado
Reviewed February 17, 2013

Yes, the facility was over the top in every way..from the lobby I could only describe as like in a movie...to the Regency Club setting. My Bristle one Suite on the 16th floor was a place I didn't want to sleep in.....I wanted to just enjoy every moment of my stay! But the staff....WOW!!!!!! Laura who checked me in was an absolute angel! Adrian in the Regency Club....another WOW! His attention to my personal comfort and his desire to ensure that I had everything I needed is unequalled! If you are considering any downtown Denver hotel, you'll never forgive yourself if you don't stay here!

1 Thank Cyndi911