“Great Customer Service”

GreenLeadersSilver level
Trenton, New Jersey
“Great Customer Service”
Reviewed February 15, 2013

The lobby of the hotel is very welcoming - clean and expansive. The downstairs bar is a nice place for a drink or dinner, while Peaks upstairs offers great views of the city. But what I most enjoy about the hotel is their attention to customer service. Admittedly, I stay there a lot so they may be paying special attention, but even with that, their service is impressive. Only downside is the hotel's proximity to the light rail - I hate hearing the ringing bell. But it doesn't bother my husband, so it's not necessarily an issue for others.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
RegencyHyatt, Manager at Hyatt Regency Denver At Colorado Convention Center, responded to this review, February 19, 2013
Dear PatRode,
Thank you for the wonderful review! I am really happy our staff takes care of you during every visit with us. We know how important customer service is and we look forward to always providing the best to every guest. As always, we cannot wait to have you back!!
Hotel Assistant Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (585)
Denver, Colorado
Reviewed February 14, 2013

Best place to stay!!! I had a reservation a different Hyatt and the convention center allowed me to switch my stay within minutes and check in hours early to work from my room. They are very accommodating.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
RegencyHyatt, Hotel Assistant Manager at Hyatt Regency Denver At Colorado Convention Center, responded to this review, February 17, 2013
Dear Anna S,

Thank you for your excellent review! I am happy to hear we were able to accommodate you at our hotel and provide an early check-in. I hope that next time you are in town, you stay with us again!

Charleston, South Carolina
Reviewed February 12, 2013

SUPER clean rooms, elevator so fast your ears literally pop in transit, decent room service, staff bends over backwards to accomodate. They located my lost gloves and brought them to my room and also whisked up a hairbrush since I forgot to bring one. It's within walking distance to a H&M, a museum, and a bunch of other stuff, so I had no problem occupying myself while my husband handled business. Only negative: parking is expensive and we tacked on valet (which I believe we used once out of 4-day stay).

Room Tip: The elevator doesn't ding, but it is audible from rooms in close proximity to the elevators. Wo...
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
RegencyHyatt, Manager at Hyatt Regency Denver At Colorado Convention Center, responded to this review, February 13, 2013
Dear Blair B,
Thank you for the five stars! I am glad that you slept well and enjoyed so many aspects of our hotel. It is great to hear the staff was able to accommodate all of the little things you need assistance with throughout your stay. Thank you for the feedback about the parking. Our parking management ensures that our parking rates are set competitively with the hotels in the area, however we can always recommend other options. We hope business or pleasure will bring you back soon!
Allison Gegenheimer
Victoria, Canada
Reviewed February 9, 2013

I attended the sweet Adeline convention in October 2012 and stayed at this hotel.
On arrival I was offered an upgrade to a suite which I refused. I stayed in room 1012 with 2 room mates.
On a positive note The hotel is clean the staff are friendly and helpful the room was clean but the beds were doubles! ( what new hotel has double beds these days?)
On a less positive note, My friend, who is diabetic, had made a prior request for a fridge for her insulin and was told this would not be a problem, she found upon arrival that there was no fridge available to her. She had to keep her insulin in the ice bucket!!!!!
Anyway at the end of our stay I paid my bill and checked out and there was no mention of the upgrade I was offered.....However when I arrived home and checked my credit card bill I found I had been charged $ 175 for the upgrade which I had not accepted. I disputed the charge with my credit card company and was refunded. Wonderful??...NO actually because the hotel has now issued a rebuttal and wants me to pay for the upgrade which I did not receive!!! I DID NOT request an upgrade I DID NOT stay in the Parlour Murphy Suite and I am NOT going to pay for it. I actually don't care what paper work you have, it is obviously a mistake on the part of the person who checked me in.
I am sick of this hassle its absolute insanity and it could affect my good credit rating if it ends up going to arbitration....and I do NOT like being called a liar.
So potential clients of this hotel please take note and be very vigilant about charges when checking in and out........sadly I am not a happy customer and I won't be booking the Hyatt hotel again.

Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
4 Thank Susan R
RegencyHyatt, Hotel Assistant Manager at Hyatt Regency Denver At Colorado Convention Center, responded to this review, February 10, 2013
Dear Susan R,

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience. It is disconcerting to hear your stay was below the expectations of a Hyatt. I understand how frustrating billing issues may be and I am going to try to reach out to you personally to ensure we remedy the situation to your complete satisfaction. I look forward to speaking to you.

Ridgway, Colorado
Reviewed February 7, 2013

I stayed here because it's literally right across the road from the convention center, which was convenient for me. The room was comfortable, food was good in the lounge, atmosphere is fancy, but the service is not necessarily something to write home about. It was just okay - nothing great, but nothing terrible either. I'd still recommend it to friends and family.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank Mel M
San Diego, California
Reviewed February 7, 2013

My husband and I stayed at the Hyatt for 3 nights during our first trip for our anniversary. This hotel is the cleanest hotel i have ever stayed in, not a speck of dust anywhere. The lobby is huge and beautiful!!! I did a E-upgrade request and got the Colorado King for an extra charge which ended up totally worth the money! The Hyatt is close to everything! perfect for people who don't rent a car while in town. we walked everywhere, right across the street from the 16th street mall, down to the pepsi center to see a Nuggets game. We also enjoyed the Strata bar in the lobby for some appetizers and drinks, as well as peaks lounge on the 27th floor, what great drinks and views! we also enjoyed the outdoor Jacuzzi one night. Everyone here was so helpful, especially Roger who set up a town car for us. the only reason i didn't give it a 5 rating is our room was only on the 7th floor out of 30 something and our view was the air conditioning unit, we didn't get a high floor as requested which is surprising when upgrading to such a nice room. overall a great experience, just wish we could have had a view.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank lilsnipper102
RegencyHyatt, Hotel Assistant Manager at Hyatt Regency Denver At Colorado Convention Center, responded to this review, February 9, 2013
Dear lilsnipper,

Thank you for the wonderful review! I am glad you found so many enjoyable activities to do during your stay in the Mile High City! I am so sorry you were disappointed with the view. We do have different suites on higher floors that may provide the breathtaking view you were anticipating. I hope you make it back to Denver and stay with us again!

San Mateo
Reviewed February 6, 2013

I stayed one night at the Hyatt Regency next to the Convention Center in Denver. This was in early January 2013 and no conventions were going on. Under this condition I found this to be a pleasant place to stay. If packed with convention goers the experience might be very different.

This is an upscale hotel. I had lunch and dinner at the Altitudes restaurant and liked both.

I was charged extra for internet access and valet parking. The room rate for a Saturday night at the AAA rate was extremely low for this class of hotel.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled solo