“Wonderful Experience” 5 of 5 bubbles

GreenLeadersSilver level
Atlanta
“Wonderful Experience”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 5, 2012

Going to a business conference is only exciting the first time you do it. After the first year it's basically just required. I really enjoyed the NMSDC conference held at the Denver Colorado Convention Center this year and would like to thank anyone who had the good sense to pick Hyatt as the host hotel. From the time I spoke to reservations to book the five rooms for myself and my collegues the experience was pleasant. Even though we had several changes we never felt uneasy about this hotel. Let me say that after attending four (4) previous conferences for this organization in years past, this was the easiest check-in experience by far I have ever had. I was given a room on the 19th floor that was well appointed, spacious and clean. The hotel staff did everything in it's power to assist and even got me checked in before the check-in time, which I think is 3PM. They stored my luggage and called me when the room was ready. The shopping and dining within walking distance made this city my favorite as I never felt trapped in the hotel and got an opportunity to walk and enjoy the city. And who's ever heard of a free shuttle thru the shopping district. WOW!! Did I mention that I saw a flash mob in the hotel lobby? That was so awesome! When I travel back to Denver, I'll be staying at the Hyatt Regency Convention Center Hotel.

Room Tip: My room was wonderful. It was a king room on the 19th floor, but my collegues say their rooms were...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
RegencyHyatt, Manager at Hyatt Regency Denver At Colorado Convention Center, responded to this review, November 6, 2012
Dear PaulaHR,

Wow! What a wonderful review and it sounds like you had a great experience here. I am so happy that you enjoyed the hotel and that we were able to get you checked in early. While we can’t take credit for the shuttle we know that it is a great amenity to our wonderful city and we understand that it give our guests freedom to enjoy Denver. I am glad that you will be returning to our hotel when you come back to Denver and while I can’t promise a flash mob on your next trip I can tell you we will be happy to have you here.

Hotel Assistant Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (561)
Chicago, Illinois
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 5, 2012

It's hard to find a good gym when you travel. This is the best gym I've come across. Food is great, the valet attendants are the nicest I've met. As a frequent traveler this hotel makes me feel a bit more at home.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
Bethel, Connecticut
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 4, 2012

we stayed in denver for 2 nights. the room was nice. lobby was stunning. convinient to everything we wanted to see and staff were great. didn't get a chance to use the pool . the only downside was that the resturant and room service was sub-par. perks(imitation starbucks) wasgood though and the lemon tarts were amazing.

Room Tip: hotel is near the border street that separates the tall buildings from the low income lowrises downt...
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
Dear Steakchef_11,

Thank you for taking your time to review the hotel. I am glad that you enjoyed the room, lobby, and lemon tarts! I am sorry you found our room service and restaurant to be only sub-par, however, thank you for sharing your opinion with us. The best way for us to improve is to get feedback from our guests. We hope you will choose our hotel for your next trip to Denver.

Richmond, VA
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 30, 2012

Stayed for the Great American Beer Fest. You cant ask for a better location for the convention hall since its across the street.

Hotel is also just 2 blocks from 15th which has the free trolley where you can access most of the downtown areas easily.

Room was decent. I had a 2 bed room at the end of the 17th floor I believe. It was quiet. Internet was hit and miss, maybe because of the distance from wherever the router was. I paid for a city view extra but the view was kinda "meh" as it was to the side and not really looking at anything.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
Sydney
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 26, 2012

We stayed here with our two daughters having flown all the way from Sydney in Australia. We were very tired by the time we arrived but the staff made us very welcome and treated the girls really nicely which made their day!
We were kindly upgraded to the Regency Club which was fabulous. We all enjoyed the hotel amenities incl. pool and gym and the room was excellent, but what really stood out were the staff. Any modern hotel can offer comfortable rooms and good facilities, but it is the people that really matter and in this the Hyatt has got it right - we all still talk about what a lovely stay we had and this is a rarity after staying in a large, "chain" hotel in a city - kudos to both the Hyatt brand and the wonderful staff at this hotel.
We're planning our next trip to the US and will coming back to this hotel again before we set off on our road trip. Don't look anywhere else.

• Stayed December 2011, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
RegencyHyatt, Manager at Hyatt Regency Denver At Colorado Convention Center, responded to this review, October 27, 2012
Dear SydneyJennW,

Thank you for the five stars and wonderful comments! I am glad you enjoyed our facilities and that our staff was able to give you Regency Club. Your experience with our staff is exactly what we strive for and thank you so much for sharing it. We look forward to your next visit.

Wyoming
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 25, 2012

I stayed here just for a night while attending a meeting. Had stayed here before a few years ago with my family. Upon arrival several attendants approached my car and asked if they could help with luggage and the valet was quick with a ticket. Check-in was smooth, if not overly friendly. My request for a high floor was met with a room on the top floor. I stopped at the bar for a cocktail to take to the room and the bartender was so nice and even offered a small glass of nuts to take with me. Nice touch.

The room was nice and probably a typical newer Hyatt room; nicely decorated but not super comfy or plush. My only complaint is that the noise from the hallway was easily heard in the room at night so I needed to turn on the tv to drown out the noise (and I wasn't near an elevator.) The mattress and linens were very comfortable.

This is a large convention hotel and the lobby bar is huge with large communal tables and a bar. It has a cool vibe with the tables being lit underneath. My friend and I stopped by late after dinner and it was very busy. Our server could not have been more unfriendly or rude -- she really couldn't. I'm guessing it was busy and maybe she had had a bad night, but she was unpleasant to everyone around us, too.

Luckily, she was the only person at the Hyatt with a bad attitude. While waiting for my car by the check-out desk with full hands a bellman come up and asked if he could help with my luggage and what type of car I had -- he had it loaded in my car when I got there. This may not seem like a big deal but I wasn't standing close to the door so he was looking for people who might need help, which was nice, instead of having to track someone down closer to front doors.

Room Tip: A room at the very end of the hall may be quieter.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Las Vegas, Nevada
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 24, 2012

Well, first, let me just say, it wasn't a BAD stay by any means...however, it wasn't the best I've had at a Hyatt property. Most of the staff was super nice and very attentive, but there were just a couple of things that caused me to lower my rating...

1. The rooms were just basic rooms. I don't know when the last time this location was renovated, but I couldn't tell the difference between our room here and a recent stay at a lower-star-rated hotel. The beds were comfy, but closer to full versus queen sized. The decor was plain. The bathroom was simple. They were very clean though.

2. FYI: Valet is 30.00/night for in/out privileges. Self-parking is 25.00/night.

3. While returning to our room one morning (after forgetting my cell phone), I witnessed the housekeeper wiping one of the room drinking glasses on her smock. She stopped when she saw me walk around the corner. I'm not sure if she was "cleaning" it or "polishing" it or what, BUT I don't think it was appropriate regardless. She was wiping the glass(es) on the same clothes she cleans the toilets/sink/bathtubs/etc. in. ...We stopped drinking out of hotel glasses long ago for reasons such as this, but I'm still surprised things like this are still happening... I would hope that, one day, hotel chains would either change their cleaning methods OR just put plastic cups in all the rooms instead. *sigh*

4. Location was the BEST part about the property. Very convenient to the convention center as well as shopping and restaurants.

5. We did receive a noise complaint while there...I will admit, my 2 best friends were being much too loud for it to be after "bedtime", however, I think the gentleman/manager that came to the room mishandled it. First, we never received an obligatory warning call (though I can't say I'm sure this is protocol because we don't make it a habit to disturb others) or else we would have known prior to a knock at the door. Second, the hyatt employee (Jason was his name) approached in a pre-determined defensive manner and instead of stating to us that we were being requested to decrease our noise level he practically started yelling, "You need to keep it down!"... Now, under worse circumstances, say for example we had been intoxicated (which we weren't) that could have led to an unnecessary altercation by prompting irresponsible retaliation, BUT since that was not the case here we simply apologized and voices were lowered...I felt it important to mention though because, I repeat, the situation was mishandled as the staff member was borderline-disrespectful and though we were not completely innocent of any fault, the situation could have been handled in respect to both sides. I encourage Hyatt to consider this for future staff training. IF they read this *shrug*

Overall, it was a pleasant enough stay, but I can't say I'm "in love" with this particular property.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
Dear MzShowStoppa,

Thank you for taking the time to write a response and share your feedback. I appreciate your comments about the staff and location, as well as giving other readers the details on parking. Your review has been read by managers in all departments and our Security and Housekeeping managers are following up internally. The cleaning methods in which you witnessed are not condoned by the hotel and we are addressing it. We hope that you will give us another opportunity so that you can fall “in love” with our property.